Football Programmes Centre

Blackpool First Team Relegated
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blackpool First Team Relegated
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxes1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:11 pm 
Post subject: Blackpool First Team Relegated

So up until a couple of years ago a Premiership club and now going down to League 1. Is this all because of dodgy owners, seems looking at them from the outside that is the main reason for their demise.
kenners46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:16 pm 
Post subject:

Not sure about the owners but Wigan appear to be in the same boat
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:32 pm 
Post subject: Re: Blackpool First Team Relegated

foxes1 wrote:
So up until a couple of years ago a Premiership club and now going down to League 1. Is this all because of dodgy owners, seems looking at them from the outside that is the main reason for their demise.

Yes, I have made a few references throughout the season about our inevitable demise and this is entirely down to the owners and a complete lack of investment.

I can't say 'dodgy' as this may lead me to join the many others being prosecuted for comments made on public forums.

This is one of the latest articles in the press.

http://www.theguardian.com/foo.....are_btn_tw
evertonstreetend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:35 pm 
Post subject:

It's also interesting to see AFC Blackpool in the North West Countues League with another big attendance. 20 short of 400. They're used to getting crowds of 40 or 50. I don't like to see club's in a downward spiral (unless it was Liverpool), but at least a smaller club are benefitting from Blackpool FC being poorly run.
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:40 pm 
Post subject:

As a Pompey fan I have every sympathy for you bisphamseasider and your fellow supporters........it' always the supporters who suffer as owners come and go.
I hope your club "gets better soon" and that your problem disappears soon!
Magpie 67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:40 pm 
Post subject:

Merthyr Town won 9-0 today to clinch the Southern League South and South West Division in front of a crowd of over a 1000 not bad for 8th tier football
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:55 pm 
Post subject:

PompeyPhil wrote:
As a Pompey fan I have every sympathy for you bisphamseasider and your fellow supporters........it' always the supporters who suffer as owners come and go.

Cheers Phil.

We will probably plummet further than league 1 whilst the current owners are in charge but as soon as they are gone we can look forward to a brighter future.
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:00 pm 
Post subject:

Sad to see a club like Blackpool suffering because of the family who own the club.

A nice club, good supporters and a good place to watch a game. Loved visiting over the years.

Get rid of the idiots involved - I'll probably get a summons now!? - and pick your club back up and enjoy the game again.

We at Brentford are lucky, thanks to Matthew Benham, without his funding, we'd be back in league 2.

Best of luck next year. It'll be tough if they same people are still involved.
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:00 pm 
Post subject:

evertonstreetend wrote:
It's also interesting to see AFC Blackpool in the North West Countues League with another big attendance. 20 short of 400. They're used to getting crowds of 40 or 50. I don't like to see club's in a downward spiral (unless it was Liverpool), but at least a smaller club are benefitting from Blackpool FC being poorly run.

Another club that are likely to benefit are AFC Fylde.

They are currently battling for a place in the Conference and work has just started on a brand new 6000 capacity stadium.

It's hard to think that Blackpool could be playing them in a league match in 2016/7.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:13 pm 
Post subject: Re: Blackpool First Team Relegated

bisphamseasider wrote:
foxes1 wrote:

Yes, I have made a few references throughout the season about our inevitable demise and this is entirely down to the owners and a complete lack of investment.

I can't say 'dodgy' as this may lead me to join the many others being prosecuted for comments made on public forums.

This is one of the latest articles in the press.

http://www.theguardian.com/foo.....are_btn_tw

incredibly depressing reading and I am not a supporter but as a football fan-WOW I do not know what I would be doing-well no longer going would be an option giving them money.

I guess they are like the Glazers on a lower scale-waiting for someone to come along and give them big money to go-has to happen soon or they will be left with dust and if no investment they are going continue to slide-such a sorry state for a once proud club-it is like someone who is ill, all you can do is wish them well and hope they get better soon.

This may make you feel better in as much as it was such an achievement to get there even if the result was not what u wanted, nevertheless a great game by all accounts-Stan would be turning in his grave.

Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:18 pm 
Post subject:

Well done, mate

I'm sure the proud club will rise again once these guys are through with it. Good luck, Bispham. Crossy and all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:37 pm 
Post subject:

wandererpaul wrote:
Sad to see a club like Blackpool suffering because of the family who own the club.

A nice club, good supporters and a good place to watch a game. Loved visiting over the years.

Get rid of the idiots involved - I'll probably get a summons now!? - and pick your club back up and enjoy the game again.

We at Brentford are lucky, thanks to Matthew Benham, without his funding, we'd be back in league 2.

Best of luck next year. It'll be tough if they same people are still involved.

Cheers for your comments Paul.

I hope it's not too long before we play your lads again and hopefully in your nice new stadium. Thumbs Up
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:45 pm 
Post subject:

Happier Times for Blackpool F.C. after they clinched promotion to the First Division in 1969-1970.
Here is a Telegram sent by Manchester United congratulating them on their achievement.
Wave

bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:54 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers for posting that Leslie. Thumbs Up
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:02 pm 
Post subject:

Sad to hear the inevitable news today. Sad

We used to take family holidays at Redmans Park House in the 60's and 70's and I went along to Bloomfield Rd a few times to see the likes of Burns, Ainscough and Suddick so always retained a soft spot for the club. Hope they bounce back soon and we can avenge our win-less streak against you!! Laughing

Also sad to see my second team Wigan will soon be joining you with the announcement that Mr Mackay has just been sacked. Sad
DonQuixote

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:15 pm 
Post subject:

Five years ago Blackpool and Fleetwood were both winning
play-offs to their respective top tables.

One wonders what the odds were on them meeting on a level
playing field so soon after?
martino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:15 pm 
Post subject:

All Clubs need stability.

It is a pity that owners cannot see that instability off the pitch invariably leads to a team on the slide on the pitch.
Superajm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:13 pm 
Post subject:

bisphamseasider wrote:
PompeyPhil wrote:

Cheers Phil.

We will probably plummet further than league 1 whilst the current owners are in charge but as soon as they are gone we can look forward to a brighter future.

I knew it was bad when you decided to get Joe Lewis in goal!

never thought you'd end up playing Fleetwood in a league match. If I'm well enough I'll be at Blackpool away next year. Had a good drink with a few of your fans when you snatched the last play off place in the championship at our place the second from last game of the season and then went on to win at Wembley

Always the fans that suffer Sad
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:16 pm 
Post subject:

What happened to the parachute payment made to clubs who loss their Premiership membership ? It's really odd. Many teams who had hit the big time can quickly disappear down the leagues fast .
DonQuixote

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:30 pm 
Post subject:

In the past some clubs, Bradford City springs to mind, get carried away with their fleeting visit to the top flight and end up bringing in
a bunch of near washed-up has beens and they still demand top dollar and a three-year contract.

Ergo, financial instability for the next decade, regardless of parachute payments, plus us fans tend to be masochists at heart - filling out the ground for an almost inevitable defeat to one of
the big guns but these all go missing when the like of Reading and Charlton come to town.

The last two clubs were plucked off the top of my head - I have no feelings toward either...
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: