Football Programmes Centre

A warning before a poster gets banned
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A warning before a poster gets banned
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:23 pm 
Post subject:

BlueTheo wrote:
I took a couple of box files to the guy from Football Sports Auctions and they did pretty well (although one month on I'm still waiting for my money and return of items that didn't meet the reserve, is this the norm?)

Hi BlueTheo, To answer the above point, most auction houses take four weeks or so to send out the sale proceeds. Some take a lot longer. Andy at FSA is reliable so you will get the cheque soon. As far as unsolds are concerned, have you asked for them back? I would check with Andy as he may be re-entering them for a future auction. I hope this helps.
BlueTheo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:33 pm 
Post subject:

Hi BlueTheo, To answer the above point, most auction houses take four weeks or so to send out the sale proceeds. Some take a lot longer. Andy at FSA is reliable so you will get the cheque soon. As far as unsolds are concerned, have you asked for them back? I would check with Andy as he may be re-entering them for a future auction. I hope this helps.

Hi Martino
Many thanks for the reply - I have spoken to Andy - I'm just a cynical pessimist who assumes everyone is out to rip me off! Thanks for allaying my fears

Greg
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:16 pm 
Post subject:

I am all for banning posters who are out of order. This is a friendly hobby where most people go out of their way to help each other, Bazza and Treble have always been very approachable to me and always very helpful. I have read most of their comments as tongue in cheek. I have seen a couple of posters who have overstepped the mark and they are the ones who need to be kept in order.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:52 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like a hornets nest been opened up here.......

'Eck' has named, names

Posh has defended them

I just hope everone thinks before they start typing

Whats banter to one, may upset some else

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

1980 to date
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pompeypfc/

1920 to 1979/80
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pompeybits/

Work in progress.............
markb9060

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:16 pm 
Post subject:

Bullies come in all shapes, sizes and disguises.

Quite often it`s the so called 'popular' posters who are the worst offenders.

Thank goodness one or two have left.

Also a bully may be pally with one person but hurtful to another.

As a footnote, due to recent job uncertainty, I have become a temporary non-collecting collector....but I find this term amusing and don't have a problem with it or the inventor of the phrase.....in fact I have never had a problem with any of the United fans on this forum...Just wish I had their dosh !
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:34 pm 
Post subject:

markb9060 wrote:

As a footnote, due to recent job uncertainty, I have become a temporary non-collecting collector....but I find this term amusing and don't have a problem with it or the inventor of the phrase.....in fact I have never had a problem with any of the United fans on this forum...Just wish I had their dosh !

Well Mark if you like to sell to me your Evening News bound volume you will certainly have some of my dosh for sure Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wave send me a PM as I have another question for you-ok
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
markb9060

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:59 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
markb9060 wrote:

Well Mark if you like to sell to me your Evening News bound volume you will certainly have some of my dosh for sure Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wave send me a PM as I have another question for you-ok

Cheers Leslie....PM sent Thumbs Up
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

Hello all!! Wave

I will not stand for any personal insults being slung around on here. This is not the place for it and anyone will be banned - no matter who they are.
MATT RUSH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:23 pm 
Post subject:

Hey! lads we're all on here because we love football and we can usually "muck in" and between us answer most members questions/queries, identify photos and autographs and give and recieve information and advice. The amount of knowledge and experience on here is phenominal and it would be a great shame if any of this was lost to the rest of us.
I don't collect anymore and am not a dealer but I do have a few hundred progs etc from the "99p era" and i keep looking at wants and requirements in the hope that I may have something that someone wants.
I very rarely ask for a valuation as this is usually met with contempt and a "holier than thou" response from one or two members although others are quite helpful. It's an attitude I don't quite understand as we probably come from all walks of life and can only afford whatever our budgets are set at, but this should not be a reason to pour scorn on all collectors who's collections are less impressive than others. I am sure we would all love to have the complete collection but I presume this is beyond the means of the majority and there would be no "thrill of the chase".
However I do feel that recently one or two members have gone over the top and if they could be brought into line by admin the site would be a happier, friendly place.
Would it be possible to have a "like" box on each post so members could show their displeasure for offensive posters and also would it be possible for an emoticon depicting a punch being thrown and recieved, that may relieve the tension and add a bit of humour to the proceedings and make the puncher feel better.
I've been a referee for many a year and quite often find that a quick word in the ear'oil will usually saves having to administer a card!!!
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:01 am 
Post subject:

Bored with this.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: