Football Programmes Centre

ALL STAR XIS ,SELECT XIS ,TESTIMONIALS PRE-1990S
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ALL STAR XIS ,SELECT XIS ,TESTIMONIALS PRE-1990S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenred

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:32 pm 
Post subject: ALL STAR XIS ,SELECT XIS ,TESTIMONIALS PRE-1990S

I am collecting Testimonial programmes, in which Manchester United players participated.There were various select XIs ,International XIs,
All Star XIs Etc,in which United players turned out.I have got quite a number of these but I am sure there are many others.Anyone has any I would be interested in obtaining .Cheers Smile
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

I have a Mark Higgins Merseyside XI vs Manchester XI including teamsheet from the late 80's if you need it?
andy1966

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:36 pm 
Post subject:

I have a copy of the programme for a game played 30th April 1969 between Costa Pereira's International XI and Alex Young's All Stars.

The line ups include Denis Viollett, Charlie Mitten and Albert Quixall all who played for Manchester United. It is a 4 page programme in good condition although it has been folded both horizontally and vertically in the past.

Not sure what its worth, hopefully someone can put a price on it. Other famous players in the teams also, the most famous of all is the GREAT Dixie Dean, who kicked the game off.
CelticViking

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

Was not the Costa Pereira`s international game X1 against Alex Youngs all Stars played at South Liverpool FC ground ?, if it was then l went to that match, l was helping out at the time. Can not remember all three Man U players playing, think it was only Viollet, though could be wrong. I do remember Dixie Dean kicking off, even had a chat with him and l got his autograph. Think there was 3,000 at the match. Happy days !!!!
andy1966

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:05 pm 
Post subject:

Yes it was, at Holly Park. There were three mentioned in the programme. I would have loved to have seen Dixie in the flesh, the stories are of a great man indeed.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: