Football Programmes Centre

Football Sport Auctions 2 March
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sport Auctions 2 March
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cardiff55

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:21 pm 
Post subject: Football Sport Auctions 2 March

Anyone know if there are results for this auction? I went on Saleroom and it says the auction is not pulsing results, and FSA website doesn't have them either. I totally forgot about it on Monday pm and missed out on 4 lots of Spurs reserve programmes, and Lot 2 was a 1927 Cup Final so I';d like to find out how much they went for.
ritchie89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:02 am 
Post subject:

Hi mate if your talking about the 4 spurs reserve lots from the 60's the 2 earlier lots fetched around £220 each and the 2 later lots fetched around £180 each i believe so around £800 for the lot. Bit pricey ey.
treble99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:18 am 
Post subject:

i think that's called the "last traded price" or "the going rate" or "the price where at least 2 people saw it" as opposed to a "a bit pricey"
ritchie89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:28 am 
Post subject:

Sorry for having a view I will take your comment into consideration next time I see something sell for more than I think its worth.
treble99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:36 am 
Post subject:

why the sarcasm?

You have made a comment that is clearly wrong
If at least 2 people are prepared to pay a price then the best you can say is that it is more than it is worth to you.
That is fair enough

I see many items that i believe are more than they are worth to me but i don't challenge the two competitors for it using the "i know more than you attitude"
I would personally find that insulting whether i was either the winner or the underbidder

Prices move up and down
Some you win and some you lose

As another prominent member of this forum mentioned a few weeks ago that many of us are dinosaurs to the hobby
I would totally accept that
The new kids on the block have there own way of dealing with things and us old dinosaurs complaining or moaning that things are of "silly prices" or "you'll never get your money back" cuts no ice with collectors that want something badly enough
They pay what they want and good luck to them

The only point i was making is not on your opinion but the way you put it
If it's not for you at that price then it's not for you but it is not a "bit pricey"
cardiff55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:23 am 
Post subject:

Thanks Ritchie89. Good to know, I have an interest in these and just seeing them , from the Saleroom listing, at 60 or 70 Spurs reserves does seem to be a bit pricey indeed. Obviously when seeing in the auction house there must have been some rarities in there I would imagine.

I picked up a near complete 68/9 Spurs reserve set a while ago for less than £1 each, but obviously trying to find an illusive missing programme could have forced the price up. No doubt there were some good items in there to fetch those sort of prices. I budgeted for about £250 for the 4 lots! The various buyers obviously had premium + VAT on top too, but still a good find for someone, if indeed a bit pricey as you say. (well a bit pricey to you and me if not anyone else)

I did see one auction recently that had a single sheet Spurs reserve from this period estimated at £35-£45 , it didn't sell and I managed to get it on Ebay for £3.

Just as an aside at a recent auction in Cardiff there was a lot of 1940s, early 50s General league programmes, about 70, with some very nice items in there. I fancied it and thought i I would bid up to £350 as I felt the resale value was about £700, so I could make a profit. Bidding was non existent at the start until the opening price was dropped to £200...I though I was in with a chance then. It sold for £900 + fees so a total of about £1100. I must think about my valuation process. A Cardiff v Real Madrid + ticket sold for £50, you can pick both up on EBay for no more than a fiver each.

I have picked up some good bargains at auctions , usually when there is a hidden gem in the lot, or when it's modern stuff and you have to work hard to make a gain on them. But usually I find that prices are high , without the fees so I generally end up not getting anything unless it is a real rarity and I pay silly money. But not everyone has the same opinion as me as you've seen.
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:33 am 
Post subject:

I actually thought that trebles reply was reasonable......there I've gone and said it now! But I thought we had all agreed the word to use in this situation was inflated....... The price of fish and chips has gone up again at my local chippy!!!! How about yours? Laughing
cardiff55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:50 am 
Post subject:

Pricey to me but maybe not to someone else. Yes the fish and chips have gone up with me too, especially the chips.....I feel they are a bit pricey!
ritchie89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:02 pm 
Post subject:

No problem. These also came with youth issues which could have been the reason. To me they sold for more than I thought they were worth. Put it this way they wasn't for me Wink. Yeah I thought it was just my area it had gone up in I think I am going to stay away from chip shops and auctions for a while Very Happy
cardiff55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:05 pm 
Post subject:

I suppose it could have been a bargain depending on what was in there, possibly a steal even. But yes too much for me too.
treble99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:16 pm 
Post subject:

cardiff55 wrote:
Thanks Ritchie89. Good to know, I have an interest in these and just seeing them , from the Saleroom listing, at 60 or 70 Spurs reserves does seem to be a bit pricey indeed. Obviously when seeing in the auction house there must have been some rarities in there I would imagine.

I picked up a near complete 68/9 Spurs reserve set a while ago for less than £1 each, but obviously trying to find an illusive missing programme could have forced the price up. No doubt there were some good items in there to fetch those sort of prices. I budgeted for about £250 for the 4 lots! The various buyers obviously had premium + VAT on top too, but still a good find for someone, if indeed a bit pricey as you say. (well a bit pricey to you and me if not anyone else)

I did see one auction recently that had a single sheet Spurs reserve from this period estimated at £35-£45 , it didn't sell and I managed to get it on Ebay for £3.

Just as an aside at a recent auction in Cardiff there was a lot of 1940s, early 50s General league programmes, about 70, with some very nice items in there. I fancied it and thought i I would bid up to £350 as I felt the resale value was about £700, so I could make a profit. Bidding was non existent at the start until the opening price was dropped to £200...I though I was in with a chance then. It sold for £900 + fees so a total of about £1100. I must think about my valuation process. A Cardiff v Real Madrid + ticket sold for £50, you can pick both up on EBay for no more than a fiver each.

I have picked up some good bargains at auctions , usually when there is a hidden gem in the lot, or when it's modern stuff and you have to work hard to make a gain on them. But usually I find that prices are high , without the fees so I generally end up not getting anything unless it is a real rarity and I pay silly money. But not everyone has the same opinion as me as you've seen.

That's amusing to me.

You think they are a bit pricey as well but you don't know what is in the lots as you are working off "60 or 70 Spurs reserves" but have no idea what,if any,rare gems are in the lot

What price would you put on 60 or 70 Manchester United reserve programmes from the 1960's and 1970's?
Now i am not telling you what they are but i need an opinion as to their value so i don't bid too much

Sounds bloody half cocked to me
Smile Smile
cardiff55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

I don't bother with minor teams! You always have an opinion which is usually different to most people. But there again I don't have a website that has prices of £17.99 for a bog standard league game in the 70s so what do I know?

You seem to have difficulty understanding a person's point of view. A few lots may well be worth £800 depending what is in it but to me and another member of this forum that seems a bit pricey. That means neither he or I would pay that sort of money for them , and therefore to me and him, that seems a 'bit pricey' . Fair judgement and personal opinion. You have a different opinion and are commenting on the value it may have to someone else, the people who bought those lots. That I understand. We differ, it is a personal opinion, but have the need to want to be seen as right.

On the whole I don't care, I missed out on the auction and just wanted to find out how much they sold for, but I am glad that the price went so high
it was out of my price range anyway.....I've got fish and chips to buy tonight Very Happy
treble99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

cardiff55 wrote:
I don't bother with minor teams! You always have an opinion which is usually different to most people. But there again I don't have a website that has prices of £17.99 for a bog standard league game in the 70s so what do I know?

You seem to have difficulty understanding a person's point of view. A few lots may well be worth £800 depending what is in it but to me and another member of this forum that seems a bit pricey. That means neither he or I would pay that sort of money for them , and therefore to me and him, that seems a 'bit pricey' . Fair judgement and personal opinion. You have a different opinion and are commenting on the value it may have to someone else, the people who bought those lots. That I understand. We differ, it is a personal opinion, but have the need to want to be seen as right.

On the whole I don't care, I missed out on the auction and just wanted to find out how much they sold for, but I am glad that the price went so high
it was out of my price range anyway.....I've got fish and chips to buy tonight Very Happy

i have no difficulty understanding anybody's point of view but in this case what is your point of view on.

A lot of 70 programmes at an auction,which by your own admission,you have no idea what is in it you find a bit pricey
How can it be pricey if you don't know what is in it?
Your defence is that two of you that don't know what's in it find it pricey and because you don't have a website with bog standard league games at £17.99 you still find it pricey

I have no idea what the last comment has anything at all to do with the price of fish and chips but as long as you are happy giving an opinion on something you don't what then you,and your pal,are clearly happy.

I suspect that the last comment of "out of my price range" is the most appropriate comment you have made
cardiff55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:58 pm 
Post subject:

You do like a rant don't you.

It makes perfect sense to me, out of my price range yes, affordable yes, just don;t want to pay that much. My choice , nothing to do with you. It;s not my fault you don't appear to understand some information,.

I'll explain the last point. Fish and chips are now pricey according to a previous poster therefore I have to save my hard earned money to buy them and not spend it on programmes.

Moving on, anyone know how much he Cardiff v Arsenal 1927 sold for? Lot 2 with replacement covers.
treble99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:28 pm 
Post subject:

you don't like to admit you're wrong do you

Something,but you don't know was in it,what,was pricey

Very strange opinion on nothing
cardiff55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:54 pm 
Post subject:

As you said earlier, just an opinion. Now where is the ignore button on herw?
corneli_blue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:23 pm 
Post subject:

treble99 wrote:
you don't like to admit you're wrong do you

Something,but you don't know was in it,what,was pricey

Very strange opinion on nothing

Can someone translate that middle line?????
BlueTheo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:30 pm 
Post subject:

Very new to this site having just inherited a large, disorganised collection from my late brother. Never anticipated so much hostility between programme enthusiasts!. I've no idea how much my programmes are worth, but it's very entertaining all the same! Very Happy
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:45 pm 
Post subject:

BlueTheo wrote:
Very new to this site having just inherited a large, disorganised collection from my late brother. Never anticipated so much hostility between programme enthusiasts!. I've no idea how much my programmes are worth, but it's very entertaining all the same! Very Happy

The majority of people on this forum are decent sorts who will go out of their way to help fellow collectors with information or additions to their collections.

And then there are the awkward ones who are either WUMs or just bloody awkward. Laughing
cardiff55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:47 pm 
Post subject:

Yes it's always from the same idiots! There are a couple on here. I don't really care just wanted to find out some prices.

I managed to get a rare single sheet pre season friendly last night on EBay for about £30, which a few years ago would have cost around £70 so I am more please about that.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: