Football Programmes Centre

Montreal Concordia v Kilmarnock 1960?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Montreal Concordia v Kilmarnock 1960?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:36 pm 
Post subject: Montreal Concordia v Kilmarnock 1960?

Does anyone know if Kilmarnock played Montreal Concordia in 1960 in Canada or the U.S and if they did in what tournament or was it a friendly?

I know they played them in 1961 in the ISL and have seen that programme sold on ebay but I have picked up an undated programme that based on some manager notes in it would date this game in 1960. The line-ups reflect 1959-60 Kilmarnock squad, best I can tell. Trying to find out some more information on the game. I'm overseas for a few weeks and will post some pictures when I get back but I thought I'd test the collective knowledge of the forum in the meantime.
garyspain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:05 am 
Post subject:

Not according to this

http://soccerstats.us/teams/kilmarnock-fc/games/

Killie were in North America both years and Montreal played in 61.

Now Irish side Shamrock Rovers were there in 1961 and the 6 programmes from the Polo Grounds are much easier to get than the one played in Montreal. However they also played Petah Tikva and Dukla Prague a 2nd time in St. Louis and Chicopee Falls respectively. Both of these are much harder to obtain. So it is possible Killie played a 2nd game v Montreal and they simply used an old squad. A mistake of that kind was not uncommon.
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:16 am 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
Not according to this

http://soccerstats.us/teams/kilmarnock-fc/games/

Killie were in North America both years and Montreal played in 61.

Now Irish side Shamrock Rovers were there in 1961 and the 6 programmes from the Polo Grounds are much easier to get than the one played in Montreal. However they also played Petah Tikva and Dukla Prague a 2nd time in St. Louis and Chicopee Falls respectively. Both of these are much harder to obtain. So it is possible Killie played a 2nd game v Montreal and they simply used an old squad. A mistake of that kind was not uncommon.

Cheers mate. Just found it. It must be from the exhibition game played on 16th June 1960 where Killie won 4-1, see link. This programme isn't in the same style as the Polo Grounds ones.

http://homepages.sover.net/~spectrum/year/1960.html
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:58 am 
Post subject:

Some images

[/url]
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: