Football Programmes Centre

1938 World Cup final official programme
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1938 World Cup final official programme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMusic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:52 am 
Post subject: 1938 World Cup final official programme

Hi, Would anyone have access to auction prices or valuations for the official programme from the 1938 FIFA World Cup final between Italy and Hungary?

I've been offered one from France but am not sure what's a fair price. Thanks in advance!
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:29 am 
Post subject: Re: 1938 World Cup final official programme

TheMusic wrote:
Hi, Would anyone have access to auction prices or valuations for the official programme from the 1938 FIFA World Cup final between Italy and Hungary?

I've been offered one from France but am not sure what's a fair price. Thanks in advance!

Graham Budd auctions sold one for £4000.

http://www.grahambuddauctions......;offset=60

Lot 106
TheMusic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:35 am 
Post subject:

Thanks! I see this was in May 2010 just before the World Cup - could this timing have contributed to an inflated price on this occasion, or does anyone know if similar prices have been achieved for this in the past?
TheMusic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:07 pm 
Post subject:

Also, having looked on the net, there seem to be two tournament publications - does anyone know if they are both official and if one is perhaps the official tournament programme and one is maybe a tournament review? Pics attached...

garyspain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:15 pm 
Post subject:

There were also individual match programmes for games in 1938. Probably done for all games.

So are you being offered the tournament brochure or the final prgoramme?
TheMusic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

Actually both! I've been offered the final programme which I know has a white cover with red and blue print on. Of the two pictures I've uploaded here, the blue and white one is the one I'm mulling over. I don't know what the mainly-red one is that I've uploaded a picture of, so that's why I'm asking which is the official tournament programme. I'd be happy to pick up both the ones I've been offered if I can, so would just appreciate some price guidance first if I can get it.
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:25 pm 
Post subject:

Floor Pie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:41 pm 
Post subject:

The Final programme sold near the end of last year at auction but i cant find the sale result now, and there was a Final programme on ebay at £750 start just before Christmas, seller was a guy in France but he removed it before a bid went in! It had a quite a bad fold through the centre of the programme.
A Tournament brochure was sold last year by a member from here on eBay, i believe it was sold for about 1.5k, it was the exact amount he paid on eBay for it a few weeks before! Razz
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:36 pm 
Post subject:

Here is the actual final programme for information.

TheMusic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:41 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the picture, Bispham, and for the info, Floor Pie - it would be great to somehow find out what it went for at the auction last year but I can't find any new info online.
holtie96

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:27 pm 
Post subject: Prog

TheMusic wrote:
Also, having looked on the net, there seem to be two tournament publications - does anyone know if they are both official and if one is perhaps the official tournament programme and one is maybe a tournament review? Pics attached...

The White tournament brochure is currently available at £1300 on one dealer's site
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:56 pm 
Post subject:

Both the White covered tournament programme and Official Final programme (Hungary v Italy) were printed by Les Imp Boutin, Paris so i presume the white tournament programme was some how also official at the time, it was produced by the French World Cup organising committee.

The Final programme sells for £3500- £4500 at auction houses - More for the VIP Final programme

There was a white tournament programme sold by Budds last year for hammer £1000. I sold one for £800 on ebay about 6 months ago.

The red cover background tournament programme normally sells for anywhere from £1000-£1500 on ebay and you could get more at auction houses probably. There is also one with a green cover background and the price for that is also going to be similar to the red cover issue.
TheMusic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:29 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks, that's a great help!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: