Football Programmes Centre

Can anyone please explain why anybody would buy these ???
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can anyone please explain why anybody would buy these ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roughyedz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:07 am 
Post subject: Can anyone please explain why anybody would buy these ???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1888.....43d5882287

I would be gratefull if anyone could please try to explain to me why anyone in their right mind would buy one of these "Matchsheet's'". . . . . The chap thats selling them,( and he has over 300 listed on E-Bay at the moment ) has a feedback that would suggest he has sold nearly 1500 of them. He can only be typing the details, that are freely available, onto a template and printing them off on his PC. Anyone who uses a PC to trawl the internet and E-Bay can produce one of the "Matchseet's" as he calls them for arond 5p a throw I would have thought !!!!! You dont suppose some or many of the buyers think they originate from the original match do you ???? ( 1889 as per the above example) Some of his customers buy several at I time I see from his feedback .... It just puzzles me Shocked
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:44 am 
Post subject:

The suspect thing is he lists them in pre 1950 football programmes when they are neither of those things

Still ebay make some cash so they won't care and frankly if people are dopey enough to buy them...its their loss

Peter
DannyRoberts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:01 am 
Post subject:

pafcprogs wrote:
The suspect thing is he lists them in pre 1950 football programmes when they are neither of those things

To be fair to the seller there is no category entitled 'worthless rubbish' for him to put these collectables in !!

Can you imagine the thousands of items that could be correctly listed if such a category existed.

Very Happy
treble99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:03 am 
Post subject:

it's a bit like modern badges

If somebody wants them they are collectables
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:11 am 
Post subject:

He has been mentioned many times. Collectors will buy anything. Probably quite time consuming if someone wanted to produce one . He has photo of the old cup in background , so for a couple of quid, no hassle, you can have the match information of a game , a programme which you could probably never afford.
The bizarre ones are league games where programmes are ten a penny.
Maybe collectors like to insert the information sheet alongside the programme. That's where it would become expensive and totally silly.
Mike Ashley became a billionaire selling shite to gullible people. Nothing new here. Laughing
auctioneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:57 pm 
Post subject:

the collector has the programme, he has the ticket, so he wants the teamsheet.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:53 pm 
Post subject: Re: Can anyone please explain why anybody would buy these ??

roughyedz wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1888-89-FA-Cup-Semi-Final-Preston-North-End-v-West-Bromwich-Albion-Matchsheet-/291345277575?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET&hash=item43d5882287

I would be gratefull if anyone could please try to explain to me why anyone in their right mind would buy one of these "Matchsheet's'". . . . .

I think the answer you're looking for is in your first sentence.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:17 pm 
Post subject:

auctioneer wrote:

But the teamsheet never existed.......so what's the point.

It cant even be a reproduction, because there isn't anything to reproduce.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:18 pm 
Post subject:

Reasons? Well, there are loads of possibilities....

a) people collect strange things. Crisp packets, garden gnomes, signatures of executed murderers, butter labels. Perhaps there's a hardcore of enthusiasts for home-made teamsheets. Who's to say?

b) the purchaser's great-great grandfather played in/attended the match - and they want a souvenir (of sorts) to add to their newly-created family album (they've paid their fee to ancestry.co.uk but what turned up was minimal to say the least...unlike the neighbours, who got a ton of information. And haven't stopped crowing about it ever since....)

c) these are, in fact, genuine. And not home-made. And it's us who's got it wrong. Big time.

d) the seller's a canny bugger and asks what games potential purchasers would like a "souvenir" of. he tells them it'll take a while, take a lot of research, indeed take a lot of time. His time. But he'll get there. And all for less than the price of a pint.

Take your pick....
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 pm 
Post subject:

The more worrying aspect of this, is that ebay is now clogged full of continious s***e, of offerings like this, attasquash with his hand signed cutting cards at £30 a go, and the three stooges with their never ending supply of crap which they regurgitate thousands of times, to the tune of everyone saying 'They've cornered the market, they do this well they do that well. 'I got a great programme for £2.99'

Bully for you if you have, because I've long since doused myself in petrol ready to light the match before I entertain buying anything from these tossers.

ebay used to be an enjoyable experience especially on a sunday night. Sadly that has long gone due to people like these and many others.
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:28 pm 
Post subject: Ebay

Can't even search by number of bids on my new ebay app, so bloody frustrating
Anyone worked out how it can be done or is that part of the ebay plan?[/code]
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:

ebay used to be an enjoyable experience especially on a sunday night. Sadly that has long gone due to people like these and many others.

You too?
I just came off it after 30 minutes of shaking my head at the programme pages and 20 minutes of shaking my head at the pages involving 1960s beat EPs.
By the time the wheat is separated from the chaff , I've lost the will to live....
JJPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:40 pm 
Post subject:

auctioneer wrote:

Not these team/match sheets if hes a Fulham collector, the kits are all wrong!

Laughing

In the Semi-Final Fulham wore stripes!

Read It
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: