Football Programmes Centre

sportingold
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
sportingold
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treble99

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:59 pm 
Post subject: sportingold

they have just sold a Khaki cup final for £13000 plus the bits
Budd got £14,000

Nice little cruise for somebody
blackburncollector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:14 pm 
Post subject:

very pleased with what I've picked up so far today, although it's not over yet.

Thumbs Up
treble99

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:02 pm 
Post subject:

Manchester United items went very well

I have updated my records accordingly
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:51 pm 
Post subject:

treble99 wrote:

was that after you fell off your chair and nearly choked at the same time then?. So there is still one looney running around who nearly spent 8k on 3 items-i will find him as i have some spares! Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:01 pm 
Post subject:

That makes three looneys overpaying for a mid table medicre club. Very Happy
dvsgooner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:53 pm 
Post subject:

I won the Arsenal 1922-23 handbook at a fair enough price. I have all released Arsenal handbooks from 1930-31 until today, only missing 1914-15 and 1921-22 now.

I also won a few other lots to complete my Arsenal fanzine collection. I'm very pleased!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:04 pm 
Post subject:

BAZZABAGGIES wrote:
That makes three looneys overpaying for a mid table medicre club. Very Happy

what's a medicre club, is that some new government nhs directive for looneys. Ur not suggesting that Raymond is insane are you or me?

medicre is what plays at the awthorns and has done for the last 50+ years with not a sign of anything ever changing. Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:04 pm 
Post subject:

My fingers are like yours Les too fat for the keypad.

You know those tickets you got off me for £3 each look at this one.

If i wasnt so kind hearted i could be living up Alderley Edge now instead of a retirement home in ROYAL SUTTON COLDFIELD.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1313.....EBIDX%3AIT
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:12 pm 
Post subject:

BAZZABAGGIES wrote:
My fingers are like yours Les too fat for the keypad.

You know those tickets you got off me for £3 each look at this one.

If i wasnt so kind hearted i could be living up Alderley Edge now instead of a retirement home in ROYAL SUTTON COLDFIELD.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1313.....EBIDX%3AIT

Barry i never bought tickets off you for £3, i bought 1920/1930's match reports-i think with your fat fingers and memory loss, it is only fitting you are in a retirement home.

If i ever got any tickets off you for 3 quid Bazza it is because that was the going rate!, now if you want to see some quality tickets and not two numpties with Chelsea connections going crazy over a league match from the fifties then here are one or two that will not be selling for 3 quid and to MY knowledge which is clear as a bell you never supplied any of these for sure, Night Y'all Wave

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjet6gxV
treble99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:08 am 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
treble99 wrote:

was that after you fell off your chair and nearly choked at the same time then?. So there is still one looney running around who nearly spent 8k on 3 items-i will find him as i have some spares! Wave

If you do find him give me a shout

I think you will find it was £10200 on 4 items which means i can revalue all the rare tour programmes from a grand each to three grand each
Thank goodness i already have all those in my existing collection as i wouldn't like to fight to get them

They can all be seen at
www.flickr.com/photos/63580000@N04/sets
The worlds largest private Manchester United collection
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:13 pm 
Post subject:

treble99 wrote:
treble99 wrote:

I think you will find it was £10200 on 4 items which means i can revalue all the rare tour programmes from a grand each to three grand each
Thank goodness i already have all those in my existing collection as i wouldn't like to fight to get them

They can all be seen at
The worlds largest private Manchester United collection

I didnt pay that much attention just looked at 3 consecutive lots 585-586-587 and as i had no interest in anything yesterday i really never studied in detail after seeing originally that i would not be a bidder.

Wonder what will be uncovered in 2015.

I am advised that the United items at Mullocks that were at the start of the catalogue were all from a non collector but from someone who had them for many years and had emigrated to Israel and must have been dancing all night around the campfire after the prices that were realised!
Hava Na Gila Ray-Hava Na Gila Laughing Clap
hulldon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:51 pm 
Post subject: Lot 587 - Manchester Utd. v Aberdeen

Leslie and Ray!
Just wondering as a Dons fan and collector ... Lot 587 the Aberdeen v Man U friendly from 1950 going for £2,100. Is that usual? I presume it is so much because it is against Man U. , and it was bought by a Man Utd. collector
I know some Aberdeen stuff goes for an awful lot, well by Scottish standards, but that seems a lot to me!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:05 pm 
Post subject: Re: Lot 587 - Manchester Utd. v Aberdeen

hulldon wrote:
Leslie and Ray!
Just wondering as a Dons fan and collector ... Lot 587 the Aberdeen v Man U friendly from 1950 going for £2,100. Is that usual? I presume it is so much because it is against Man U. , and it was bought by a Man Utd. collector
I know some Aberdeen stuff goes for an awful lot, well by Scottish standards, but that seems a lot to me!

+ 20%!!!

yes I would say that is an extraordinary price-but it takes 2 to Tango as they say!.

If you are looking for one I can do you a deal as I have one available as Ray terms it as "Nacker Tweaking"!. He can tell you more about prices but in reality it all means nothing as now a new standard has been set and will prove to be a guide line for future sales, certainly at Auctions as everybody takes note of the top end items get sold for on all clubs.

If you already have one then take a note!

lESLIE

Wave
hulldon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

Leslie!
Thanks for your very kind "nacker tweaking" but even 20% cheaper is way out of my price range!!
If something heads toward three figures I get altitude sickness!!

I'll stick to trying to pick up Dons stuff at slightly less stratospheric prices!

BTW There was some Dons stuff at the recent Wessex Auction - where I had some stuff for sale. They went for huge prices too.

Regards,
Dave
treble99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:09 pm 
Post subject: Re: Lot 587 - Manchester Utd. v Aberdeen

hulldon wrote:
Leslie and Ray!

I am happy to put my two bobs worth(or in this case two and a half grands worth in)
I was asked by other forum members on the history of the sale of this one

I was surprised at how it doesn't turn up

I can't even remember where my own copy came from and how much i paid
My detailed notes which go back over 15 years show it selling in April 2000 for £875

The next one didn't turn up on the open market agin,or at least i didn't see it,until 2004 when it sold for just over a grand

The next and only other time it showed up was on ebay in 2007 where it started at the wrong price and was arsewiped anyway
It struggled to £600
Wrong time and wrong place to sell class in my opinion

There have been a couple of serious United collections sold in the last 12 months and this was not in either

With that in mind i watched with great interest to see where it would end up and/or put another way how much quality is actually worth
I have to admit i was surprised but at the same time not totally surprised having seen how much the serious quality items went for at Footballsports Auctions who sold the last big collection(mentioned above)

I have found that of course the United factor comes into play
Probably more so than the Aberdeen side however not knowing the Aberdeen collectors i don't want to insult
I believe that the same factor of red mist would come into play for Spurs and Chelsea to name two more
I believe Hearts has a fair sprinkle of lunatics as well
There are what might be called lunatics in other branches of collecting such as Cup Finals and the like

I myself have in the past,joined the lunatic club but luckily i have most of what i collect so i don't need to bang my head as much as i used to

I do remember once coming out of an auction where i could honestly declare "everybody was happy"
A lady found some old Middlesbrough programmes that she was going to chuck into the bin
Instead she contacted her local small auction house
She only had 4 of these and the first 3 sold a hundred or so each
The last one was against one of the well collected clubs
This programme sailed quickly pat the £1000 mark and eventually settled in the mid £2000+ range
The buyer was very pleased as he won it.
The underbidder was happy as he had run the winner up
The seller was happy as a pile for the bin turned into a nice holiday
The auctioneer was happy as he made a lump on the commission
Everybody was happy Very Happy Very Happy

Of course the two bob fish and chip shop merchants and bedroom bandits declared everybody mad and went back to the 10p pile but that's a different story

To sum up this programme if you are waiting to find one at three figures or less i suggest you go round to Leslie's with a sawm off shotgun and explain how bad you want his spare copy Very Happy

I think the final factor to take into account is how many people wanted this and the other gems
As Leslie says it takes two to Tango but i am told that when we reached the portion of the sale involving the gems the entire side wall stood up
That's what they do at Sportingold when they have a phone bidder
I am told they had a bigger crowd stood up than they get at Oldham,up yonder
So rather than two to Tango i think the final of Strictly is more appropriate as a description
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:46 pm 
Post subject:

If anyone has a rare Man United Spurs or Chelsea programme think of a price and times it by 10 to get a realistic price.
If its against Man City Arsenal or Liverpool divide it by three. Very Happy
treble99

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:47 am 
Post subject:

Every time an early 1900's Rolls Royce comes on the market multiply the expected sale price by 10.
Every time an old knackered second hand Fiat with a letter on the wrong end comes on the market divide by 100
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:27 pm 
Post subject:

treble99 wrote:
treble99 wrote:

They can all be seen at
Not the worlds largest private Manchester United collection

Well now if those 2 United tour games in the USA fetched that much then this item would be one to wonder about as to my knowledge i have not seen another one. The Besiktas-United programme went for around £2600 plus the add ons so it topped over £3000 to the eventual buyer but produced in Turkey around the same time was a Besiktas "Spor Gazetsi" edition covered the Besiktas Tour to the USA in 1950 and the cover shows their Captain shaking hands with United's Johnny Carey as well as a report with photos of the game and information on the other games Besiktas played on the tour but Manchester United was given pride of place on the cover as well as inside. I think as it is not a programme it could EVER reach those crazy heights as no one ever considered the programme would go so high for sure, but this has certainly upped the ante onan item such as this that can only be described as a rarity for sure, well it is certainly now worth more for sure than i handed over for it!
https://flic.kr/p/qwGajv
https://flic.kr/p/pA6XKH
Wave
treble99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:20 pm 
Post subject:

very rare and interesting items even if it's not everybody's cup of tea

In the 1952 tour in America Manchester United played Stuttgart Kickers.
You have to remember this was a relatively short time span since the end of World War 11
Shown in the first 2 images are the front and inside of an itinerary from Germany to America to watch Stuttgart play a German-Hungarian and an Eintract Comb.
Also played Phoenix and Brooklyn before playing Manchester United and te German American league in New York
As i said not for everybody but possibly the only one known to exist

The third and final image is for the American Soccer News of April 1960.
Although i feel sure this is not the only one i have to admit it is the only one i have ever seen
It covers all soccer(football) and tis issue talks about the 1960 tour programmes of teams visiting America
My personal interest is the confirming that Manchester United will play Munich at the Polo grounds and the dates for the games against Hearts
Very rare items if they float your boat

check out the set marked American tours at
www flickr.com/photos/63580000@N04/sets for the largest collection of Manchester United in America
overlap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:53 pm 
Post subject: Sportingold - Stuttgarter - USA Soccer News

Hello treble, very interesting Stuttgarter and USA soccer items, as you say not too long after war and West Germany had been denied access to 1950 World Cup.
As well as the teams you mention, including United, on their 1952 American tour Stuttgarter Kickers also played a Chicago All Stars Select, putting 10 past them, scan of prog hopefully here:

I also happen to also have an old edition of the Soccer News newspaper you refered to, this one is from Feb 1955, and doubles as a prog for New York Select v Wacker Vienna (bottom half of front page has team line ups). the English interest is in the main article confirming that Sunderland will be visiting the USA that summer of 55, and that there has been great demand to host them (although they in fact played much of the tour v Huddersfield!).
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: