Football Programmes Centre

mullocks
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
mullocks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treble99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:17 am 
Post subject: mullocks

A couple of nice Manchester United youth programmes on offer

A game at the Cliff against Fourth Maccabiah and an unseen before and "not in books" youth friendly

As a famous dealer keeps telling me "they won't be going cheap"
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:04 pm 
Post subject: Re: mullocks

treble99 wrote:
A couple of nice Manchester United youth programmes on offer

A game at the Cliff against Fourth Maccabiah and an unseen before and "not in books" youth friendly

As a famous dealer keeps telling me "they won't be going cheap"

and they didnt either at 1500 and 850 respectively. But when you consider that the Maccabiah programme is only in the hands of Raymond Treble, Manchester United Museum, Manchester Jewish Museum also then it can be considered one of the few items to be called RARE and the crowd perphaps was barely 1-2000 thousand and that is being very generous as games at the Cliff would get no more than a few hundred usually hence the programmes from the Cliff can sell for several hundred pounds. Maybe after all they were bargains as unless others turn up a yardstick has now been provided. I bet Treble is delighted and now he can amend his records accordingly with the Maccabiah item![oh as well as the winner of that lot as well]

As for the other programme it is as Treble has said-not in any book or a known item but a another very rare friendly United's Youth team played 2 days after they competed in Zurich for the annual Blue Stars Tournament. I wonder what else is out there if this lone example surfaces 53 years later!

Blue Star tournamnet programmes from any period from 1954 when United first competed to say the 1970's will from several hundred with some reaching a nice few thousands pounds, so this was no surprise at all to me as the catalogue estimate was very light at 300-350 but the reality is that a lot of folks were targeting it and eventually it went at 850 which is a £1000 or so with the hammer and vat added on-BUT no other one has turned up to date and like the 1909 where there is one then there are 2 then 3 and in point of fact Graham Budd sells the 1915 Cup Final for £14k 3 weeks ago and another one turns up at Sportingold this Friday and the reserve is £14k!!-my words are certainly prothetic about where there is one then there has to be 2.......or more.

Anyway, i was told that Graham Budd's auction last month was only for the rich dudes in general and was cited along with Treble who can only participate[as if comparing the 2 us to folks who can spend millions of pounds per year and who have bottomless reserves]-well we will not drag all that drivel up again that some spoke about but this auction was more for the everyday collector along with Sportingold and FSA, SAS and uncle Tom Cobley and all so as to speak as some other members pointed out recently.

so who won owt? any surprises-fantastic rugby collections for sale and some decent football too so anyone got anything to say about today-any bargains procured, anyone get their backside slapped and now has to pay the bill for the red mist? anyone attended?

Considering this is a forum for collectors of football programmes and associated memorabillia not a great deal of interest is shown when good quality items go under the hammer, or as many others have said that the like s of me and Treble and for that matter everyone who has their own website must be show offs-well for everyone of us who spends hours and hours over the year to scan and upload and sort it all out there are plenty of the secret handshake brigade who say nothing and keep it all under wraps-well i for one pity anyone like that as i get pleasure doing it and showing it and many others appreciate it, so there.

I bought 3 items and let 4 other go but i shall soon be enjoying a nice cup of tea with one of my purchases in due course Sherlock

i am off for a few days sunshine and for all the nice people on here have a great Christmas and and even better New Year and for all the ABU and all the other 8ers i hope this coming cold weather freezes up yer pipes and yer lagging drops off Laughing Wave

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:10 pm 
Post subject:

Have a good holiday Les in Buenos Aires. And dont forget to bring some tickets back. Wave
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:17 pm 
Post subject:

BAZZABAGGIES wrote:
Have a good holiday Les in Buenos Aires. And dont forget to bring some tickets back. Wave

what for i am the only one who can affford them! Laughing

have another go Bazza at being humourous-try again around Easter time perhaps Clap Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:25 pm 
Post subject:

Have a good holiday Les and make sure your water is turned off and your pipes are lagged.. As water damaged memorabilia is a bugger to sell. Crying or Very sad
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:33 pm 
Post subject:

BAZZABAGGIES wrote:
Have a good holiday Les and make sure your water is turned off and your pipes are lagged.. As water damaged memorabilia is a bugger to sell. Crying or Very sad

Quite right, but i shifted it all about 3 months ago and now i live in a 3 story empty townhouse with some pictures on the walls from Next and i have to dip in to pick up what i am uploading next, bit of a pain to keep having to go to Ray's all the time Laughing

the only saving grace is he doesnt copy anything i have got!

Wave
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:27 pm 

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

Considering this is a forum for collectors of football programmes and associated memorabillia not a great deal of interest is shown when good quality items go under the hammer, or as many others have said that the like s of me and Treble and for that matter everyone who has their own website must be show offs-well for everyone of us who spends hours and hours over the year to scan and upload and sort it all out there are plenty of the secret handshake brigade who say nothing and keep it all under wraps-well i for one pity anyone like that as i get pleasure doing it and showing it and many others appreciate it, so there.

I'm with you there, Leslie.
I like to think of it as a) simply sharing for simple enjoyment and b) promoting the hobby generally.
Anyway, not too many programme collectors up here in the icy wastes of rural Aberdeenshire and everyone I know thinks I'm potty for not just collecting but also collecting/supporting a club hundreds of miles away!
I can't "get" the mindset of a collector who is happy to sit on a collection and not share.
Heck, my collection doesn't and will never come anywhere close to what both you and Ray have acquired (and I have been known to spend an entire evening on your site especially!)......but I've still got over 250,000 views even for a relatively unfashionable club like Derby!
I stand by what I've always said - it's a hobby and it's supposed to be FUN!!

Damned sight more fun than yet another boring Champions League snoozefest, anyway.
Did Man City get through?
Dunno.
Don't care!
I was busy sorting through some old Southend homes Smile
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:48 pm 

derby1884 wrote:
Anyway, not too many programme collectors up here in the icy wastes of rural Aberdeenshire and everyone I know thinks I'm potty for not just collecting but also collecting/supporting a club hundreds of miles away!

Actually two of the biggest Scotland collectors reside in your neck of the woods, maybe not many Derby though Laughing
goonerboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:47 am 
Post subject:

i fully agree with the above sentiments however there are likely to be practical reasons and forum reasons for some lack of sharing.
The practical ones are that probably many collectors do not have their stuff sufficiently organised to be able to locate an item quickly and so the moment passes.
The other one is a forum one. A lot of people have postwar and modern collections as a lot of folks stared collecting in modern times and worked their way back. From reading posts over time some people's collections only go back to mid50s/early60s. However all we ever hear on the forum is about worthless shit/waste of time if it is not prewar.Why would anyone be motivated to put up a contribution of a 50s or 60s or later programme/item with the general attitude being that their item is likely to fall into the "why are you collecting that crap" category ?

It is a indeed hobby and should be fun but it is also a broad church and sometimes the forum comes across as only welcoming those with premium collections.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:47 pm 
Post subject:

I agree that the prevailing attitude seems to be that 1970/80/90’s issues are worthless crap, but I guess that assessment only applies if you are collecting for profit/resale, otherwise they are as an important part of your collection as an issue from 1947, and just as valuable as an item of historical reference.

The other issue with “sharing” your collection is that you need to have a scanner, time to scan, and the wherewithal to upload all this to the interwebby. I’m reasonably astute when it comes to PC’s, but my better half is the guru behind my Scotland website, and I only just managed to work out Flickr for myself!
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 pm 
Post subject:

Perhaps we should encourage collectors to post via Flickr or another medium.

Perhaps a Flickr item in the Forum Index would be good Easy Easy

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
BarnsleyCollector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:04 pm 
Post subject:

For what it's work here is my contribution to the Flickr thread.

I obviously follow one of the "unfashionable" clubs but the number of people who have viewed my items on there makes me think it's worthwhile uploading things.

Personally I "follow" 28 others who regularly contribute and it's always interesting to see what they are willing to upload and share. I have 27 who "follow" me.

I have exactly 3,000 images uploaded as of today since I joined in May 2011 and I can't seem to remember thinking this is a massive pain in the backside as I only upload a few at a time and when I have a free half an hour or so.

It would be great if others were willing and able to share their collections through this site.

Hope all collectors have a great Christmas and New Year

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barnsleycollector/
Rocky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:45 pm 
Post subject:

BarnsleyCollector wrote:
For what it's work here is my contribution to the Flickr thread. https://www.flickr.com/photos/barnsleycollector/
That's a fine collection you've collated to share with others. I also noted the older Fiesta magazines from the 50's Shocked

I'm sure I've got some recent issues of Fiesta under the bed. I'm off to check…. & I could be some time Smile
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:49 pm 
Post subject:

Rocky Boro wrote:
BarnsleyCollector wrote:
For what it's work here is my contribution to the Flickr thread. https://www.flickr.com/photos/barnsleycollector/
That's a fine collection you've collated to share with others. I also noted the older Fiesta magazines from the 50's Shocked

I'm sure I've got some recent issues of Fiesta under the bed. I'm off to check…. & I could be some time Smile

that reminds me of the old rolling stones album from the 1970's............
treble99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:54 pm 
Post subject:

the way Manchester United have been playing over the last couple of seasons with the likes of Anderson and Cleverley makes the United programme more like a tit mag
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:26 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Rocky Boro wrote:
BarnsleyCollector wrote:

that reminds me of the old rolling stones album from the 1970's............

Sticky Fingers perchance?
Rocky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:52 pm 
Post subject:

Rocky Boro wrote:
Dam! They are stained and the pages are stuck together. I don't know how that happened Confused Restorer anybody?
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:18 pm 
Post subject:

I agree that our hobby should be about sharing. I have set up a website showing Bradford PA programmes, its slow work uploading so please be patient, a few images are on there, but it is work in progress.

bpaprogrammes.co.uk
blackburncollector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:21 pm 
Post subject:

goonerboy wrote:
However all we ever hear on the forum is about worthless shit/waste of time if it is not prewar.Why would anyone be motivated to put up a contribution of a 50s or 60s or later programme/item with the general attitude being that their item is likely to fall into the "why are you collecting that crap" category ?

It is a indeed hobby and should be fun but it is also a broad church and sometimes the forum comes across as only welcoming those with premium collections.

in my humble opinion, I've got to agree with this... Nod
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:52 am 
Post subject:

BarnsleyCollector wrote:
For what it's work here is my contribution to the Flickr thread.

I obviously follow one of the "unfashionable" clubs but the number of people who have viewed my items on there makes me think it's worthwhile uploading things.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barnsleycollector/

Keep up the good work Barnsley, alwys great to see local stuff and the schoolboy programmes are always worth a gander.

Cheers Sharrow
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: