Football Programmes Centre

Rotherham v. Aston Villa first league cup final
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rotherham v. Aston Villa first league cup final

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:09 pm 
Post subject: Rotherham v. Aston Villa first league cup final

Hi, A friend has said about £110, it is buy it now on ebay at £635 and £499.99 Anyone able to clarify what its true value is? Many thanks Cliff.
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:47 pm 
Post subject:

£250 was the price i sold one for a few weeks ago.
It was in excellent condition.. I would say £300 is a fair price.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:45 pm 
Post subject:

BAZZABAGGIES wrote:
£250 was the price i sold one for a few weeks ago.
It was in excellent condition.. I would say £300 is a fair price.

Two of these sold at Sheffield last month for £150 plus commission (£180 ish) and they were good condition.

Two have sold on ebay in the last three months £110 (Poor condition with sof) and another in good condition, slight mark on front (£180).

Make your own conclusions from that Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:38 pm 
Post subject: Rotherham v. Villa

hi, Many thanks for the feedback, I was very lucky buying a small collection of about 30 mixed 60's programmes from ebay having looked at the photos and spotted this one. They were under £1 each inclusive of post. This is in excellent condition, so good in fact I was concerned it was the reprint but apparently they are glossy. If anyone has any other info re reprint or this one please let me know. Looking for a potential buyer as well.
Andrew BSFC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 pm 
Post subject: Rotherham v Aston Villa

A programme in fair/generally good condition sold for a hammer price of £200 at the recent Sportingold auction (lot 802)
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:40 pm 
Post subject: Re: Rotherham v. Villa

thfcbasil wrote:
hi, Many thanks for the feedback, I was very lucky buying a small collection of about 30 mixed 60's programmes from ebay having looked at the photos and spotted this one. They were under £1 each inclusive of post. This is in excellent condition, so good in fact I was concerned it was the reprint but apparently they are glossy. If anyone has any other info re reprint or this one please let me know. Looking for a potential buyer as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEAG.....1006818021 Sad
The reprint looks common. Was the person an experienced programme seller. If so I very much doubt it's the original...

Last edited by Wullie on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:47 pm 
Post subject: Rotherham v. Aston Villa first league cup final

Hi, I have looked closely at this one and although it is in outstanding condition it also has a musty smell and feel. I have shown it to people at work who are in total agreement that it is genuine Considering the condition and based on other prices I would hope it may fetch £250 to £325. Anyone interested in making an offer is re than welcome
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:51 pm 
Post subject:

I'll be accused of being rude again, But are the people at work programme experts ? A ten year old reprint could have a musty smell to it. I hate reprints , they create all sorts of problems.
I hope it is genuine as that would be a nice find for you.

Last edited by Wullie on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:52 pm 
Post subject:

Where do you work ?
My Mrs wouldnt know £1,000 programme and a £1 programme so i wouldnt rely on others.
If you want a modern programme to have a musty smell attach it under a car bonnet and go for a drive.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:58 pm 
Post subject:

In fact I would say the original seller could have taken the photo knowing that the ( reprint )(?) would cause interest and would result in a sale. If anyone complained then he could just say what do you expect for £1 ? All sorts of tricks go on.

Last edited by Wullie on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:43 am 
Post subject:

I have been collecting for over 50 years and usually you can tell if an item is over 50 years old or very recent. I agree that reprints are a nightmare. I did post on here what major differences to look for and have been told the reprint is glossy. What I will do is buy a reprint to see for myself and offer any buyer both. The feel, paper quality, smell and the collection it came from all point to it being genuine but I can fully understand people being sceptical, I was! I have bought more, at a higher price and these included Bradford City v. Manchester United 60/1 first season league cup. That again must be worth a tidy sum.
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:10 am 
Post subject:

Good idea buying a reprint to compare. I would buy a cheap league programme from that year also . Looking back at passed threads the subject of reprints keeps cropping up. They are an absolute nightmare ,especially in the age of eBay when all you get is a photo and the word of the seller. The fact that many of these reprints are years old themselves does not help. Good luck.
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:39 am 
Post subject: Rotherham league cup final

Many thanks Wullie for a great suggestion and I fully intend to do that. Once satisfied that the programme is 100% genuine I will offer it for sale on this site with the reprint and Rotherham programme from the same year so people can judge for themselves. Obviously with a full money back guarantee if not entirely happy. I will not be looking for the prices currently asked for on ebay!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: