Football Programmes Centre

IS GRAHAM BUDD AUCTIONS BANNED???????
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
IS GRAHAM BUDD AUCTIONS BANNED???????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treble99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:42 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
treble99 wrote:
Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
treble99 wrote:
Actually it is my daughter
She never re-uses envelopes as she nips them out of my office and gives me the packages to post.
The only one i can think of is when she misaddressed two envelopes with the same address.
She just put a sticker over one address but it hadn't been used

I bought a box of 200+ photos on ebay for £50 on a buy it now
You must have missed it

I took out for my own collection about 30 action photos from the cup finals for my own collection.The sort you would probably ask for £15/20 each

I gave her the rest to sell to help with her university fees
She got £140 for the 16 she has so far put on
Anyway you have clearly done well out of them so well done
It sounds like everybody is happy
Keep an eye open as she will be selling more of the shit £50 cost parcel in the near future
Very Happy Very Happy

1950's cup final photos I would, not 1970's or 80's.

If it wasn't a re-used envelope I apologise, and for calling her your son!

Yes, I must have missed that lot, I need more pairs of eyes.

If i remember correctly you took £30 each off me for 1948 cup final photos
That's close to a 1950's but not close to £15
Do i get a refund
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Well, you seemed happy at the time as was I to do business with the No 1 United collector, even though my margin wasn't enough to retire on.

There are photos and there are photos. Surely one of Carey collecting the trophy, and one of Rowley scoring a goal, are worth a bit more than
a routine midfield skirmish?

i was very happy at the time and i am still very happy
You also seemed happy to take a top of the range price even though in hindsight you appear to be questioning your own margins
That's not my problem and if i was being cynical i would think you might have nicked the photos for a song anyway

The point i am making is that when you quote the figures you are happy at buying at and jibe at how cheap they were ,the holier than thou attitude, which often comes through on this forum, appeared.
The i'm only in it for you attitude that many use on here just doesn't wash with me.
You are all in it for the profit and good luck to you all but when you try to do the "just helping others out line" it amuses me.
When somebody comes on here for information only Barry has the best way i know of dealing with them.
He fucks them off

The number 1 United collector thing is obviously as tongue in cheek as anything similar high status United collectors post
For that matter any high end end collector of any club
We know who we are and we know our collecting habits and we know what we will pay
We don't feel a need to slaughter anybody that outbids us and accuse them,albeit by default of having more money than sense or /or just being pricks

Leslie pays what he wants as do i
It is a figure which is made up of rarity,desire,common sense and financial availability
That doesn't make him any better(or worse) than a 50p bidder

All he asked was why Budd's auction was not mentioned and out come the bedroom bandits(Barry they are the same as two bob fish and chip shop merchants),non expert experts with an opinion and non collecting collectors with bigger opinions

That in turn flushes out dealers who think they are collectors ,with vivid imaginations of 1920's United home programmes that they think they believe they own and everybody's sense of humour vanishes out of the hobby

Some of the so called guardians might be better advised on how to save or promote the hobby which is clearly dead at the 50p level

If anybody does have a good idea then write it down and send it to me in a re used envelope with a second class unfranked stamp that they steamed off an envelope from a bin
One request only
Please try and get the cat piss off before you post stick it on the envelope
Very Happy Very Happy
blackburncollector

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:56 pm 
Post subject:

still not sure if I qualify as a bedroom bandit yet, or indeed where I am in the pecking order Razz
treble99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
I remember United.

Once very popular but they lost their appeal somewhat.

Oops - overly cryptic there Smile

No offence taken

I also used to like United bars
I used to like Derby County in the 1970's as well
Unfortunately both vanished into obscurity never to return
treble99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:05 pm 
Post subject:

blackburncollector wrote:
still not sure if I qualify as a bedroom bandit yet, or indeed where I am in the pecking order Razz

You are one of the good guys
You saw something you wanted badly and took a plunge
Good luck

You are now trying to get some of your money back from items you don't need
There is no problem in that
But how would you have felt if you had been told that some unknown idiot(you ass it turned out) had paid far too much at an auction by somebody that couldn't afford the bus fare to that auction
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:31 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
I remember United.

Once very popular but they lost their appeal somewhat.

Oops - overly cryptic there Smile

Good observation that Steve now down to a miserable home average attendance of just 75,344 this season and irrespective
Of which league position they eventually manage to get too will make more cash than any other pl club. All down to noodles, beer,airlines and. Another 50 contracts they have managed to have obtained. I am not making a comment here I am stating some facts. I have to say that I am no longer a supporter of a football club
I am told I follow a brand FFS now!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:25 pm 
Post subject:

treble99 wrote:

When somebody comes on here for information only Barry has the best way i know of dealing with them.
He fucks them off

Ray - take a step back and re-read what you wrote there.
Do you really mean that?

I find the vast majority of regulars on here extremely helpful and more than willing to share.

"Share" being the operative word.

Ray, you have a marvellous collection and your Flickr page is one I regularly visit but I do think you're way off the mark with the sentiment above.

It certainly doesn't aid in attracting people to the hobby.

If you have so little regard for the rest of us on here, I do question why you visit this forum at all.

Steve
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:28 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
I have to say that I am no longer a supporter of a football club

There's always FC United, Leslie.

Only kidding!!!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:22 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:

Only kidding!!!

I know you mean well, errr No Ta-their programmes are worth naff all! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:55 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:

Only kidding!!!

I know you mean well, errr No Ta-their programmes are worth naff all! Laughing

Blimey, Leslie - glad you said that........just realised I don't have one in my "one per non-league club" collection!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:15 am 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
treble99 wrote:

He fucks them off

Ray - take a step back and re-read what you wrote there.
Do you really mean that?

I find the vast majority of regulars on here extremely helpful and more than willing to share.

"Share" being the operative word.

Ray, you have a marvellous collection and your Flickr page is one I regularly visit but I do think you're way off the mark with the sentiment above.

It certainly doesn't aid in attracting people to the hobby.

If you have so little regard for the rest of us on here, I do question why you visit this forum at all.

Steve

Nail. On. Head.
treble99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:23 am 
Post subject:

i totally agree many on here are helpful and share information.
Help on queries and information to solve programmes and help with information is very very good.

When it comes to buying and selling it is another matter though.

This is a forum full of members who are skint and many are proud of that.
The mentality of many is a little left of Karl Marx as was shown in the earlier "arguments" on here,a few months ago about the independence of Scotland
If somebody pays more than a particular member can afford he is a mug in the eyes of many.
No he is not though is he!!
He is a person who chooses to spend his money his way and get a service to match his,as the customer,demands
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:37 am 
Post subject:

The Scots are the worse culprits ? Very Happy

Any match report from last nights match. ?

The thing that gets on my man boobs is that members and one post wonders want Free Valuations or OFFERS.. Why dont you put a value on items instead of pissing around. Sherlock
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:44 am 
Post subject:

This thread lost its way a while back but it continues to rumble on.

I would imagine that any prospective genuine new members, or current members who feel a little wary of posting, will be totally put off this forum by now.
treble99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:56 am 
Post subject:

I shouldn't worry too much about that

Who was the last person to join that contributed something positive to this forum and when was it?

The only new people who join this forum are,as Barry says,"one post wonders" that contribute sod all to the forum or newbies who get their arses slapped by the forums bedroom bandits immediately, and get filled up with valueless programmes at 50p a chuck plus postage
When they realise they have spent £40 on something they can buy for a fiver a large box and they'll never get their money back they vanish out of the hobby for good

All the old collectors know of this forum and all of the old dealers(Sorry Barry) are on here
blackburncollector

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:03 pm 
Post subject:

I know loads of collectors who probably don't even know this forum exists...I asked you before about what the term "bedroom bandit" means and didn't get a reply. Can I assume you mean people who sell on Facebook, don't attend fairs (as a seller) and generally shift modern, mass produced and generally worthless stuff?
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:11 pm 
Post subject:

I class bedroom bandits as those who make out they are running a proper business (ie - buying items to purely sell, not buying for their own collections and selling the rest to recoup their money) with their websites or ebay shops but the only person they fail to notify is the taxman. Others may have different views on the term.
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:57 pm 
Post subject:

Instead of moaning about lack of members, its not the ones who post are the problem.
Its the ones who dont post and when they do bore everyone with endless lists of crap FOR OFFERS. Crying or Very sad

Why dont we have a few suggestions on how it can improve.

What about a page on peoples wants and what they are willing to pay.
What about a page on PRE WAR PROGRAMMES for sale similar page with 1940s Not offers
EXTEND the Recent posts as a lot of members cannot be rsed trawing back.

And what about a reduction for Pensioners (Me Ray + Leslie) Sherlock
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:22 pm 
Post subject:

BAZZABAGGIES wrote:
Instead of moaning about lack of members, its not the ones who post are the problem.
Its the ones who dont post and when they do bore everyone with endless lists of crap FOR OFFERS. Crying or Very sad

Why dont we have a few suggestions on how it can improve.

What about a page on peoples wants and what they are willing to pay.
What about a page on PRE WAR PROGRAMMES for sale similar page with 1940s Not offers
EXTEND the Recent posts as a lot of members cannot be rsed trawing back.

And what about a reduction for Pensioners (Me Ray + Leslie) Sherlock

Do one Bazza! you may be an old overweight relic but not me! i am only 44 and that's not just my chest size!.
Have we now done with poor old Graham Budd or can i rename this post!! Wave
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:41 pm 
Post subject:

I'm sure this thread started off with a genuine question about the lack of comment attributed to what I believe was an auction that grossed over a million. and furthermore did anyone have any thoughts on it and did anyone acquire anything.

Now, I can only assume that the thread has now become one big p*** take.

...what with Treble lording it over everyone else and Bazza now doing for anglo-scottish diplomacy what Heidrich did for Czech culture.

I would argue that the forum gives a fair representation of the hobby, the majority of us in collecting terms are not premier League by monetary standards, .......but I do find it incredulous that some members of the forum like to revel in labelling the rest of the 'swinish multitude' as a collection of bedroom bandit chancers looking to make a quick buck, and if somebody dares express an opinion that an item has gone for way too much they are castigated as being jealous and envious and the reason for that is they are 'skint'.

Strange that.. because whether you rent a back street terrace in Huddersfield or own an 90 acre sprawling mansion in Alderley edge. I was under the impression you were entitled to an opinion.

Peter Bonetti collectors I feel you may be paying a tad too much for press photos. Please accept my humble apology as I am merely feeling bitter and jealous.

As I said, I can only assume that this thread is all tongue in cheek, although I'm pretty sure that tongue in cheek is meant to be mildly amusing.

I have included the link below especially for Raymond.

www.wikihow.com/Stop-Being-a-Condescending-Person
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:24 pm 
Post subject:

Fuck.

I can remember when this was a genuine forum designed to assist folks and to buy and sell the odd bit here and there. If it doesn't meet up to your exacting standards. and is full of folk who you would probably cross the street to avoid coming into contact with, why don't you just leave and set up up your own Forum where you can brown nose each other to your hearts content?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: