Football Programmes Centre

6 x Spurs home programmes 1930s.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6 x Spurs home programmes 1930s.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamukcollector

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:17 am 
Post subject: 6 x Spurs home programmes 1930s.

Matches and conditions referred to as:

"20.01.34 V LEICESTER CITY - GOOD CONDITION WITH FOLD AND SMALL CORNER PIECE FROM BACK PAGE MISSING - NO WRITING
05.01.35 V HUDDERSFIELD TOWN - GOOD CONDITION WITH OPPONENTS PENNED TO TOP OF COVER AND EDGE WEAR / NICK
27.02.37 V SWANSEA TOWN - GOOD CONDITION WITH EDGE TEAR, SOME WEAR AND ODD MARK - NO WRITING
28.08.37 V COVENTRY CITY - GOOD CONDITION WITH FOLD AND PENCILLED CHANGES INSIDE WHICH CAN BE EASILY ERASED IF DESIRED
23.10.37 V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE - FAIR / GOOD CONDITION WITH MINOR RESTORATION AND WEAR - NO WRITING
15.01.38 V NOTTS FOREST - GOOD CONDITION"

Thanks
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 am 
Post subject:

When posting for the first time you need to put prices. phone number. and Name and address.. Recently this site has been used as a place to rip off the vunerable and weak. Sherlock
adamukcollector

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:53 pm 
Post subject:

BAZZABAGGIES wrote:
When posting for the first time you need to put prices. phone number. and Name and address.. Recently this site has been used as a place to rip off the vunerable and weak. Sherlock

What prices am I meant to put - the reason I want a price is because I don't know their value...?

Name and address and phone number on an internet forum!? Where am I meant to post that info...
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:15 pm 
Post subject:

You don't need to provide that info as you're only asking for a valuation, not selling.
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:52 pm 
Post subject:

buying price £15 to £20 each
adamukcollector

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:24 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for clearing that up Tynie and thanks to the other poster for an idea on value.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:13 pm 
Post subject: Prices

Bear in mind that's a dealer price...so Bazza has to factor in his costs and the fact they may hang around for a while...

If you google ebay advanced search sold items that will give you an idea of what punters will cough up...albeit it depends on the teams and condition and multiple other factors
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:18 pm 
Post subject:

£30 BUY IT NOW in good nick,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROG.....58b4ed4ece
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 pm 
Post subject:

They seem to be an auction lot based on the terminology used. Is there not a guide price along with them?
Rocky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:52 pm 
Post subject:

BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:46 pm 
Post subject:

So Adamcollector has spotted them on Ebay been sold at £200 by Tadpole. Well spotted Rocky.. WTF is this all about ?
holtie96

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 am 
Post subject: Progs

Crying or Very sad
martino

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:46 am 
Post subject:

Perhaps the seller bought them at the recent FSA Spurs auction and is trying for a quick profit.
adamukcollector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:48 pm 
Post subject:

BAZZABAGGIES wrote:
So Adamcollector has spotted them on Ebay been sold at £200 by Tadpole. Well spotted Rocky.. WTF is this all about ?

Yes. I'm not a football programme dealer, but I have a decent amount of Sunderland stuff. Anyway, I've been looking at Sunderland stuff on ebay and one that came up was the Spurs from the 30s, and was curious about its value as I saw this website http://www.collectsoccer.com/a.....930_s.html which had the programmes listed incredibly high. Anyway I had a further look at their website and their prices seemed £££+++. So, I was wondering what their actual value is, as neither the website price seems right (too high) and the ebay price seemed on the low side for when I'd seen similar stuff go alone... Hence my post...

In addition the programmes are in pretty good quality to be honest. They're all flat with some pretty limited nicks and creases. Naturally for something from the 30s they're not mint, near mint or anything like that (what is from the 30's??) but they're in good condition.
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:02 pm 
Post subject:

I wouldnt take any notice of that website in London they never sell anything... If you want programmes valued I do a valuing service first five free then its £2 a programme.. Discount on collections over 5,000 programmes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adamukcollector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:11 pm 
Post subject:

BAZZABAGGIES wrote:
I wouldnt take any notice of that website in London they never sell anything... If you want programmes valued I do a valuing service first five free then its £2 a programme.. Discount on collections over 5,000 programmes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Haha I think if I took you up on that I'd spend more on the valuation than the programmes' are worth!

I'm finding the prices of programmes really confusing. I remember 5 or 6 (maybe 7) years ago when I last put a real amount of effort in expanding my programmes, many from the 1960s Sunderland were £3-£6 a shot. Even programme sets from the 80s etc. were going £30 odd a season. What has happened? I now see things like Chelsea etc, 60's seasons going for £15 for the majority of the seasons programmes (if not all the league games and a few cups)...?
martino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:14 pm 
Post subject:

adamukcollector wrote:
BAZZABAGGIES wrote:

Haha I think if I took you up on that I'd spend more on the valuation than the programmes' are worth!

I'm finding the prices of programmes really confusing. I remember 5 or 6 (maybe 7) years ago when I last put a real amount of effort in expanding my programmes, many from the 1960s Sunderland were £3-£6 a shot. Even programme sets from the 80s etc. were going £30 odd a season. What has happened? I now see things like Chelsea etc, 60's seasons going for £15 for the majority of the seasons programmes (if not all the league games and a few cups)...?

What happened - the recession, economic downturn, less new collectors plus loads more has all contributed to the lower prices. A good time for buyers but not sellers although quality items will always sell well.

The value of something is the price someone is willing to sell for and the price someone is willing to buy at and that is not constant.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: