Football Programmes Centre

Programme shop - reopens!!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programme shop - reopens!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:28 pm 
Post subject:

The manchester programme shop when you say overpriced for modern issues what sort of prices/era are you talking. I assume £3 for programmes from the last few seasons?

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:29 pm 
Post subject:

Does anybody know of any programme shops in Coventry as I will be visiting with the mighty reds this saturday Easy

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
OldburyWBA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

Wulfrunian wrote:
There is a programme shop in Wolverhampton, not particularly near the ground though.
Its in the row of shops under the indoor market, opposite the New Inns Pub.
The bloke who runs it also has the dolls house shop a couple of doors down, you sometimes have to ask there to get in.
The owner doesnt really look after his stuff too well though, its just in plastic crates piled up, no order or rhyme or reason to the order so you have to search through to find anything. Some of it gets into a poor condition because of this too.
Obviously its mainly Wolves stuff, but has other stuff too
Theres also a stall inside the market, but im not sure where he is and have heard he is a bit pricey.
The guy with stall at the ground is expensive for some stuff, but when i have had stuff off him either there or at the Wolves programme fairs he has always done me good deals. Having said that I do spend a fair bit of cash then.

Yeah, the bloke by the market stocks Programme Monthly as well. I did buy a lot of Albion programmes from him about 18 years ago but slately he doesn't seem to bothered about programmes as what he does have is just dumped at the back of the shop and it seems to have been there for a few years without anything new being added to it. Theres usually a few Wolves in the window but all overpriced.

The other one is very overpriced and is just Wolves as you say.

The bloke by the subway is probably Kelvin Weatherer, nice bloke (for a Wolves fan Shocked ) usually has a stall at all the local fairs, Wolves, Stoke etc

As far as I know nothing else in the Midlands as in Birmingham/ West Bromwich areas.
oldbolt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:55 am 
Post subject:

rsheridan wrote:
The manchester programme shop when you say overpriced for modern issues what sort of prices/era are you talking. I assume £3 for programmes from the last few seasons?

Yes,i think the last few seasons Man Utd homes were cover price.The ones i was referring to were folded progs from the early 2000s which were no lower than £2.Another one i noticed was 79/80 Bolton v Man City for £2.Run of the mill recent progs were overpriced imo.
There was some interesting stuff from the 50s and 60s though.A couple of Man City away friendlies at Altrincham which looked old,probably early 60s for £4.
Zongalero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:44 pm 
Post subject: Re: Anything goes Chit Chat.

Molineux Phil wrote:
Thats great news Surf,there was a couple once late 60s to mid 70s on Goodison Rd (Everton),just loved calling in them shops on match days,do realy hope it takes off.

Your right Phil, used to love that shop on Goodison Road. Then the shop just yards away from Anfield. Mal Dallison used to have some great stock in there. Happy memories.
Senior82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 am 
Post subject:

Went into the shop on saturday and picked up a dozen programmes, some good stuff in there, various badges, tickets available too and even a few framed shirts. Nice layout, much better than the previous one
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:03 pm 
Post subject: Programme shops

Anybody know of any programme shops in the Reading area?

foxes1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:02 pm 
Post subject:

Going back a few years now there used to be a shop near to Highbury, just round the corner from Arsenal tube station.
I think as well when Everton played at home didn't somebody used to have a stall in a local church / church hall (I dont get to go to Goodison much now with us being out of the Premiership for a few years).
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:54 pm 
Post subject: Anything goes chit chat.

foxes1 wrote:
Going back a few years now there used to be a shop near to Highbury, just round the corner from Arsenal tube station.
I think as well when Everton played at home didn't somebody used to have a stall in a local church / church hall (I dont get to go to Goodison much now with us being out of the Premiership for a few years).
.... Guy still has progs for sale in Church on Goodison Road up stairs in Church Hall on match days ( well worth a visit if your visiting Goodison Park for the first time) has a great collection on display going back years ...but not cheap, you can always find some of the"stars" from yester year in there to on match days met the great Fred Pickering in there a couple of years ago nice guy.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:07 am 
Post subject: Re: Anything goes chit chat.

Molineux Phil wrote:
foxes1 wrote:
.... Guy still has progs for sale in Church on Goodison Road up stairs in Church Hall on match days ( well worth a visit if your visiting Goodison Park for the first time) has a great collection on display going back years ...but not cheap, you can always find some of the"stars" from yester year in there to on match days met the great Fred Pickering in there a couple of years ago nice guy.

It's been gone a couple of years now. Fred Pickering is still going in the Church along with Gordon West, Tony McNamara (ex Liverpool as well), Alan Whittle amongst others.
Rocky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:11 pm 
Post subject:

For anybody visiting MIDDLESBROUGH, there is a Programme Shop situated near to the old Ayresome Park called BORO PROGRAMMES. It is well stocked with plenty of programmes including non-league and other football memorabilia. It is well worth a visit and if you give George (the owner) a call beforehand, then I'm sure he will get any of your teams programmes that he has ready for you to peruse. If the shop is not open, then just knock on the door around the corner as he lives above the shop.

The shop is approx 10 minutes by car from the Riverside and the address is 58 Parliament Road, Middlesbrough TS1 4LA. Sat Nav will take you straight there. Phone number is 01642 250177.

Rocky Smile
OldburyWBA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

Crying or Very sad wish i'd known about that a few weeks ago before we played you.
Rocky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:43 pm 
Post subject:

OldburyWBA,

That's a shame, but your day was still 5 times better than mine Laughing

I don't think you'll be visiting us next season either the way we are playing at the moment. Still there's always the cup.

Rocky Smile
eighteen74

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:59 pm 
Post subject:

Two things to add:-

In my home city of Edinburgh, there's an excellent programme shop called Almondvale Programmes run by Brian Johnson. Its at 5 Albion Road, near Easter Road stadium. It is also online - search Almondvale Programmes - and he has good stocks of English programmes as well as Scottish.

At my adopted club, West Ham, there's a good programme stall outside the main stand on Green Street on matchdays. Worth a visit.

GC
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:46 pm 
Post subject:

i know this has been covered in good detail i think its a very good shout to put details of shops up so we all know where we can go to.yeah the old church shop at goodison was steve milne merseyside programmes.huge massive stock of old everton programmes and yes i agree he wasnt cheap on certain things but on other things if you knew what you was after he could be cheap ! zongalero i noticed you put mal dallison in your post fella,im still intouch with mal he does have a website up just type his name in and it will come up collectables hes in widnes which isnt far of me i got a load of old runcorn home stuff of lately which is as always from him quality.i get intouch with him and tell him he's been namechecked on here.yeah the old church shop shut down as dan says about 4 years ago.bloody shame.i used to work in it and i loved it and we as in me and dan did sort of briefly think about trying to resurect it cause theres still a huge demand from everton collectors and also as dan says the older players always loved popping up there.alas we couldnt get it going though.bloody shame.but this is very interesting.i think i might give that one in manchester a go. ste
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

I tried to resurrect it but sadly there was noone who was prepared to say "yeah definitely and I've got something to sell"

Reverend Harry Ross was onside about the prospect but I really needed someone to commit with stock. Since there seemed no one able or willing to do it the matter lies unresolved.

Dan
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:04 pm 
Post subject:

aye that was the problem dan.you're right no one was up for selling and we didnt have the stock that steve milne's got either.i knew you had reverend harry ross onside with it as well.all we need is to find a massive stock of everton home stuff now and sell it ! lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:04 pm 
Post subject:

efcbluenose wrote:
i know this has been covered in good detail i think its a very good shout to put details of shops up so we all know where we can go to.yeah the old church shop at goodison was steve milne merseyside programmes.huge massive stock of old everton programmes and yes i agree he wasnt cheap on certain things but on other things if you knew what you was after he could be cheap ! zongalero i noticed you put mal dallison in your post fella,im still intouch with mal he does have a website up just type his name in and it will come up collectables hes in widnes which isnt far of me i got a load of old runcorn home stuff of lately which is as always from him quality.i get intouch with him and tell him he's been namechecked on here.yeah the old church shop shut down as dan says about 4 years ago.bloody shame.i used to work in it and i loved it and we as in me and dan did sort of briefly think about trying to resurect it cause theres still a huge demand from everton collectors and also as dan says the older players always loved popping up there.alas we couldnt get it going though.bloody shame.but this is very interesting.i think i might give that one in manchester a go. ste

Has anyone got a list of all the shops we know of then without me having to pick through each thread we have about them- ill get a page up then Thumbs Up
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:17 pm 
Post subject:

Malcolm Dallison Football Collectables

Dealing in football collectables eg., programmes,books,ephmera etc. Vast stock covering English,Scottish and Irish league clubs. Big Match issues, Programmes from other countries around the world. Good selection of books covering biographys, various clubs, brochures, handbooks, first day covers, fanzines, etc. We also carry a stock of other sports in particular Rugby League. Our business is mail order only. We are regularly issuing price lists, if you would like a copy, call me on 07950622277.

Malcolm Dallison Football Collectables
12 Twyford Close
Widnes
Cheshire
WA8 9RN

I have sent him a text message asking him for info... mentioning that a couple of hundred people might be interested.. I reckon he'll get back to me!!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:26 pm 
Post subject:

Dan, if he has any Everton v Liverpool pre-1950 let me know please!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: