Football Programmes Centre

Fake World Cup programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fake World Cup programmes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fcdbafc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:21 pm 
Post subject:

zpmswn wrote:
Quote:
A new season, and again...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015.....33a5a3bda1

No official programme issued for this match.

I have bought a programme from soccerock in the Netherlands, is this a fake and is soccerock another alias?

Crying or Very sad

A KUBAN KRASNODAR HOME EUROPA LEAGUE TIE.

there are some genuine dutch sellers though;
voetbalfanvoetbal is respectable.

Can someone advise if soccerock is a fake?

Soccerrock is the same as midifo, *mp*69* and adamprog and at least 50% of the programmes he sells are home made and never issued at the match or sold as pirates at the match.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

These previous topics touch on Dutch fakes, I'm sure there are other threads around discussing them.

http://www.footballprogrammece.....luxembourg

http://www.footballprogrammece.....luxembourg
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:44 pm 
Post subject:

whitenoize

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-FC-LUSITANS-v-WEST-HAM-UNITED-EUROPA-LEAGUE-PROGRAMME-FLYER-/221826420794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a5e2903a

Loads!

Afternoon all, being a WHU collector, I am interested in the comments on this thread. I have being in 'discussions' with the seller on eBay. He is quite adamant that he is doing nothing wrong as the item is advertised as a ''programme flyer'' and that '' its not his fault that people are thinking it is a programme'' when I pointed this out to him. He said that his ''travel agent'' friend supplied them to him. No answer when I asked him if they were actually obtained from within Andorra. No programme was issued at the match as far as I am aware
garyspain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:59 pm 
Post subject:

whitenoize wrote:
Tynie Topics wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-FC-LUSITANS-v-WEST-HAM-UNITED-EUROPA-LEAGUE-PROGRAMME-FLYER-/221826420794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a5e2903a

Loads!

Afternoon all, being a WHU collector, I am interested in the comments on this thread. I have being in 'discussions' with the seller on eBay. He is quite adamant that he is doing nothing wrong as the item is advertised as a ''programme flyer'' and that '' its not his fault that people are thinking it is a programme'' when I pointed this out to him. He said that his ''travel agent'' friend supplied them to him. No answer when I asked him if they were actually obtained from within Andorra. No programme was issued at the match as far as I am aware

The reality is that he prints stuff himself and has a number of "stories".

"Wolfgang" in the Bayern Munich programme team got them for me.

He got a Real Madrid v Manchester United 1957 (only known copy) from the Dutch referee. The problem with it was the font used by Real Madrid in 1957 was only invented in 1973.

His pirates are sometimes sold at games eg Luxembourg v Scotland friendly. You can tell because he also sells tickets etc.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:11 pm 
Post subject:

On the face of it he probably isn’t doing anything wrong, no law against printing and selling your own programme, as long as you make it clear it is what it is, however he doesn’t and he is merely out to deceive.

He done something similar for the Cyprus v Scotland game in 2012, it was a non-issue match (although there is an 8 page unofficial programme produced by me which was sold in Larnaca to raise money for a Tartan Army charity), but after the game a “flyer” appeared on ebay. I asked the Dutch seller (I think it’s the same seller we’re discussing) where it came from and he said “a friend” got it in a newsagents. Nobody else out in Larnaca for the match ever saw anything like this, sadly he made £20-30 from it but it was the only one that appeared.

As Gary touched on, there was also a Dutch pirate for the Luxembourg v Scotland game, but at least this was on sale at the stadium so he does occasionally attend games, and also occasionally he does sell genuine items as I purchased a Germany v Scotland teamsheet from him for last years match and it’s the genuine article (or an exceptionally good copy!).

As I said, treat with absolute caution and do your homework before parting with your cash.
overlap

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:33 pm 
Post subject: He is still at it

This Dutch tat-generator's ingenuity knows no bounds.

Not content with churning out his own home-made programmes for games where there are no programmes, he is now producing spurious "foreign language" editions (on his own laserprinter) for games where there already are official programmes.

I give you: INVERNESS-FC ASTRA 16/7/2015 EUROPA LEAGUE RARE AWAY MATCH PROGRAMME.
4 PAGE PROGRAMME FULL COLOUR ROMANIAN LANGUAGE FOR AWAY GAME IN SCOTLAND
MINT RARE VERY LOW PRINT RUN. A4 FORMAT.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INVE.....1c56238070

I really don't think his modus operandi of leaving out the word "official" and then acting all vague about the source of these "publications" really gets him off the hook, not morally anyway.

UK Trading Standards would be the people to contact of course, but with him being in the Netherlands I don't think there is much they could do.

I wonder how many potential new collectors feel thoroughly disillusioned when they find that they have wasted their money, £30-£40 in some cases, on something they could have run up themselves at home?

He is a menace to our hobby.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:00 pm 
Post subject: Re: He is still at it

overlap wrote:
This Dutch tat-generator's ingenuity knows no bounds.

Not content with churning out his own home-made programmes for games where there are no programmes, he is now producing spurious "foreign language" editions (on his own laserprinter) for games where there already are official programmes.

I give you: INVERNESS-FC ASTRA 16/7/2015 EUROPA LEAGUE RARE AWAY MATCH PROGRAMME.
4 PAGE PROGRAMME FULL COLOUR ROMANIAN LANGUAGE FOR AWAY GAME IN SCOTLAND
MINT RARE VERY LOW PRINT RUN. A4 FORMAT.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INVE.....1c56238070

I really don't think his modus operandi of leaving out the word "official" and then acting all vague about the source of these "publications" really gets him off the hook, not morally anyway.

UK Trading Standards would be the people to contact of course, but with him being in the Netherlands I don't think there is much they could do.

I wonder how many potential new collectors feel thoroughly disillusioned when they find that they have wasted their money, £30-£40 in some cases, on something they could have run up themselves at home?

He is a menace to our hobby.

The concept is absurd to start with, and expect something identical for tomorrows game.
fcdbafc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:00 am 
Post subject:

I actually think that this is not a fake but that this is really issued by the Romanian club.
This seller is not the one with all the fakes but a very reliable one with very good contacts in Romania and this would be otherwise the first time that he makes home-made programmes.

I know from the past that PSV also issued these kind of "away" programmes so these kind of programmes are rare but not uncommon.
zpmswn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:31 am 
Post subject:

I have also bought genuine issues from this dutch seller (voetbalfanvoetbal) mentioned. Smile
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:32 am 
Post subject:

I said above that these guys do sell genuine items along with fake tat, hence why you have to be very cautious when dealing with them.

Unless you have hard evidence that Astra issued at the match in Inverness, I’d treat this as fake. It could even be a small media guide as opposed to a programme (if genuine)
garyspain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:03 pm 
Post subject:

I think this might be genuine also. I think this seller has a good contact in Romania and sells on behalf of them.
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:08 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
I think this might be genuine also. I think this seller has a good contact in Romania and sells on behalf of them.

This is what the seller said when I asked him was it an official issue.....

"ISSUED FOR ROMANIAN PRESS/OFFICIALS/GUESTS FOR AWAY MATCH IN SCOTLAND"
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:19 pm 
Post subject:

Almost identical, already available, and he has loads, hmmmmm.............

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FC-A.....1c5692ab8b
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:38 pm 
Post subject:

I'm now at a point where I treat such "4 page programmes" as a euphemism for "I knock it off on my PC when some mug spends hard earned cash and they've fallen for this ruse".
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:59 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Almost identical, already available, and he has loads, hmmmmm.............

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FC-A.....1c5692ab8b

What was it that Roy Walker used to say on "Catchphrase"?

Laughing Laughing

Olddutch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:40 pm 
Post subject:

*mp*69*, soccerrock, adamprog, midifo, europacup1 all are from the same fake programme maker Mike Verhoef.
Could provide his home adress if anyone would visit him for stealing their money!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:24 pm 
Post subject:

MIDIFO

I remember that arse, he put on ebay a rare 1956-7 Madrid v United European Cup semi-final programme printed with a purple or violet ink but in a font style that was not even invented in 1956-7!, some bigger arse paid him £2400!

Then he produced another "important" never been seen before issue but being a thief and [stupid/thick] are synonymous he used the same font and coloured ink and side by side they looked pretty much identical.

Ebay was alerted I was informed but did nothing, he was rumbled by someone and I heard he paid the cash back.

This is a serious multiple forger/thief who has been stealing for years despite him having many genuine items, seems the lure of having a decent reputation and good feedback means you can trade on that as folks will trust you.

I recall "advising" him he was a thief at the time, plenty of others still on ebay ripping folks off with re-printed worthless items-never going to stop it as the greed takes over and they think like all stupid people they will never get caught.

Mr. Olddutch maybe you have been one of his victims then?

Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Olddutch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:38 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

Unfortunately, Yes I am.
This week he produce fake programmes for Cardiff v Hapoel Friendly match and also that ones were on sale on Ebay. It's a shame!
cardiff55

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:13 pm 
Post subject:

Olddutch wrote:
manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

Unfortunately, Yes I am.
This week he produce fake programmes for Cardiff v Hapoel Friendly match and also that ones were on sale on Ebay. It's a shame!

And also a programme for Sparta Rotterdam v Cardiff, not sure why a programme would be produced as it was a behind closed doors private friendly? Same format as the Cardiff v Hapoel match, 4 page, not stated as being official but not saying it is a pirate either. Definitely not sold at the games as there were no spectators , they've probably not been more than 6 feet from his printer!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: