Football Programmes Centre

Man U U.S tour programme just went for a nice sum on E-Bay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Man U U.S tour programme just went for a nice sum on E-Bay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:11 pm 
Post subject: Man U U.S tour programme just went for a nice sum on E-Bay

Eck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:51 pm 
Post subject:

Nice programme Tex.

An internet friend from another forum who lives in the USA was at Rangers match last night and got me a programme & teamsheet.
Clap
I bought a pirate for the Ventura game because I think that is all that was available.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:17 pm 
Post subject: Re: Man U U.S tour programme just went for a nice sum on E-B

Texas Ranger wrote:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=311008549236&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

not one of the really-really scarce one's, another one is coming up at sporting memorys in august lot 1032 with an optimistic estimate. Still some punters will always pay more at auction for some reason, seller was a friendly guy but i did not bid for it as i do not need it but that did not stop the eventual buyer. If you want to see that item and another 150 images from some United tours to the USA/Canada then visit https://flic.kr/s/aHsjetigkM
Leslie Millman is manchesterunitedman1 Wave
www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/ for the latest uploads and www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see the entire collection up to date with 505 catergories and 9,600+ original images. This current flickr site views are now at over 3 million
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:28 pm 
Post subject: Re: Man U U.S tour programme just went for a nice sum on E-B

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Texas Ranger wrote:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=311008549236&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

not one of the really-really scarce one's, another one is coming up at sporting memorys in august lot 1032 with an optimistic estimate. Still some punters will always pay more at auction for some reason, seller was a friendly guy but i did not bid for it as i do not need it but that did not stop the eventual buyer. If you want to see that item and another 150 images from some United tours to the USA/Canada then visit https://flic.kr/s/aHsjetigkM
Leslie Millman is manchesterunitedman1 Wave
www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/ for the latest uploads and www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see the entire collection up to date with 505 catergories and 9,600+ original images. This current flickr site views are now at over 3 million

I've seen you Flickr site, it's incredible. I seen you had this one already otherwise, I'd have given you a heads up. I don't collect Manchester United specifically but I have picked up a couple of UK teams playing in the USA and always watch out for them. If they are reasonable, I'll bid on them. They might come in useful one day for swapping for rarer Rangers programmes.

This was always going to be too pricey for me.

Last edited by Texas Ranger on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:30 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Nice programme Tex.

An internet friend from another forum who lives in the USA was at Rangers match last night and got me a programme & teamsheet.
Clap
I bought a pirate for the Ventura game because I think that is all that was available.

Hi Eck. To be honest I'm not that big on collecting current Rangers programmes. As you know, I'm focused on pre 60 and Europeans just now. That being said, I have someone picking me up a programme in Victoria.
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:45 pm 
Post subject:

[quote="Texas Ranger"]
Eck wrote:

Hi Eck. To be honest I'm not that big on collecting current Rangers programmes. As you know, I'm focused on pre 60 and Europeans just now. That being said, I have someone picking me up a programme in Victoria.

I know,as I said before,I wish I had some sort of structure when I started, away's and away friendlies are a good way to rip collectors off,but you can't complain about people trying to earn a crust in a tough business. I think if I was to start from scratch,I would collect Rangers homes and Cup Finals and semi finals, I may in the future go that way but I doubt it. It is frustrating though chasing these wee diddy friendly programmes and paying more than you would for a late 50's programme.
RoddyN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:06 pm 
Post subject:

That is not a big price for that programme. It went for close to £1300 at FSA's Man Utd auction a little while back , which if you add auction fees and convert it into USD is about $2500.
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:08 pm 
Post subject:

RoddyN wrote:
That is not a big price for that programme. It went for close to £1300 at FSA's Man Utd auction a little while back , which if you add auction fees and convert it into USD is about $2500.

Cheers for the info.
treble99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

optimistic or pessimistic??
both an opinion i believe

I was the buyer of the programme last night
i already had one and now i have a spare for knacker tweaking if required.

My thinking was this
It sold at Philips auction at Old Trafford for £750 plus commission ie about £900 or UDS1500.

I have no notes of any other coming up for auction until the magnificent United auction held by Football Sports Auctions last year on behalf of a senior collector who was selling up
This collector had acquired a great deal of the original Philips having purchased through a middle party who had run rampant at that Philips auction

i believe the one last year was that original programme regurgetated for £1300 plus commission ie £1550 USD2600 plus

I haven't seen another at auction in over 10 years and on the correct assumption that there was an underbidder for £120 at FSA's auction at £1250 plus commission USD2550 i don't think that i have overpaid at USD1180 or £694 which is less than the price 14 years ago

I am sure there have been an odd "other" one about as clearly one has found itself into Leslie's collection but it is pretty rare imo.

Only time will tell what the Sportingold programme will bring but i will happily have a sniff at it just in case i can get another of what i would consider a half priced bargain

the programmes from the Manchester United tour of America from 1950 and 1952 are mostly rare

the cream of these are in my collection which can be viewed at
"Manchester United in the USA" at

www.flickr.com/photos/63580000@N04/sets

Not the most views(yet) but certainly the largest private quality Manchester United collection

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:28 pm 
Post subject:

treble99 wrote:
optimistic or pessimistic??
both an opinion i believe

I was the buyer of the programme last night
i already had one and now i have a spare for knacker tweaking if required.

My thinking was this
It sold at Philips auction at Old Trafford for £750 plus commission ie about £900 or UDS1500.

I have no notes of any other coming up for auction until the magnificent United auction held by Football Sports Auctions last year on behalf of a senior collector who was selling up
This collector had acquired a great deal of the original Philips having purchased through a middle party who had run rampant at that Philips auction

i believe the one last year was that original programme regurgetated for £1300 plus commission ie £1550 USD2600 plus

I haven't seen another at auction in over 10 years and on the correct assumption that there was an underbidder for £120 at FSA's auction at £1250 plus commission USD2550 i don't think that i have overpaid at USD1180 or £694 which is less than the price 14 years ago

I am sure there have been an odd "other" one about as clearly one has found itself into Leslie's collection but it is pretty rare imo.

Only time will tell what the Sportingold programme will bring but i will happily have a sniff at it just in case i can get another of what i would consider a half priced bargain

the programmes from the Manchester United tour of America from 1950 and 1952 are mostly rare

the cream of these are in my collection which can be viewed at
"Manchester United in the USA" at

www.flickr.com/photos/63580000@N04/sets

Not the most views(yet) but certainly the largest private quality Manchester United collection

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Another fantastic site, you Man U fans certainly do it in style. Re the programme, it's a beauty.
treble99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 pm 
Post subject:

thanks

I agree

There is even modern items that are a one off such as a modern itinerary which will soon be listed

Probably of minimal value to most but i believe it is a one off

Watch my flickr site for its appearance
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:57 pm 
Post subject:

I think this may be the best Rangers collection around, certainly the best i've ever seen.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rangers-matchprogrammes/sets/
OurManInVanc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:55 pm 
Post subject:

I'd love to know how that Rangers fans, scans his programmes, does he have a colour photocopies/scanner, or actually take photos of each individual programme.

Nice job by the way Bow
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: