Football Programmes Centre

Ipswich Reprints of 1939 programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ipswich Reprints of 1939 programmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:35 pm 
Post subject: Ipswich Reprints of 1939 programmes

I have two programmes which are reprints of Ipswich programmmes from 1939.

The first programme covers the Ipswich v Clapton Orient (22 Apr 1939) Third Division South League game and also a "Hospital Cup Match" between Ipswich and Aston Villa (May 8 1939).

The second programme is a copy of the Ipwich v Aston Villa FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match (11 Jan 1939).

They dont say anywhere in them when they were reprinted or why, can anyone shed any light on these please?

Thank you
kenred

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:53 pm 
Post subject:

HI Craig
A club called Ramsey Town issued other clubs reprints ,and they were given with the Ramsey programme .Issues were mainly Peterborough ,but Woolwich Arsenal was one issued.These programmes may still be obtainable from Football Site ,but I am not sure.Because of high price of originals (Manchester United),I sometimes purchase reprints ,and they are always noted as such.
I have one Ipswich reprint ,but as you say it wasnt marked as such as far as I can tell.
Hope this helps somewhat.
Regards
KEN Smile Smile
James

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:38 pm 
Post subject:

I have those exact same reprinted programmes, they were produced during the late 80's early 90's during one of the season, possibly 88/89, not sure why they were done though, they were included inside Ipswich home programmes, but no idea why they had been done (50 year gap between the two might have something to do with it)??

James
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the advice guys.

James was right that it appears Ipswich put some reprints in their 88/89 season programme as i managed to find the same reprint for sale on ebay!

Thanks for the help Thumbs Up
seand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:16 am 
Post subject:

I have a programme from Ipswich v Stoke 88-9 which contained a reprint of Ipswich v Villa 38-9 FA Cup
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: