Football Programmes Centre

Rangers Fixtures 14/15
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rangers Fixtures 14/15
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:01 am 
Post subject: Rangers Fixtures 14/15

bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 am 
Post subject:

Not got the usual enthusiasm for seeing Blackpool's fixtures this year.

We still only have 6 players although we do now have a manager.

Only one friendly arranged so far.

Only one new ground to look forward to.

Highlight so far is that Fleetwood play at home to Preston when Blackpool have a free weekend. I wonder what plod will think of that.
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:48 am 
Post subject:

It was the same for us a couple of years ago mate. A few youth players and 3 or 4 first team players, rats like Steven Naismith used their get out loophole to desert a club that was good to them,Naismith in particular,he spent most off his time with us being injured, he had one really good season then jumped ship like the rat that he is.
thegers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:52 am 
Post subject:

Brora Rangers away today, Buckie Thistle did a programme the other night, glasgow programmes have it for sale on e-bay asking for 3 times the cover price Shocked
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:46 pm 
Post subject:

I will get one at cost. I don't understand the practice of selling new things above the cover price, there is overheads of course but that isn't where the money is in the business. I'm not that bothered about friendlies anyway.
evertonstreetend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:25 pm 
Post subject:

Do you know the attendance of the Buckie-Rangers game by any chance, Eck? Buckie never seem to publish their attendances.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:40 pm 
Post subject:

Unofficial attendance was about the 2,000 mark - a huge crowd considering (A) it was on a Thursday night (B) in a remote part of Moray and (C) it was £15 to get in.

The club printed 750 programmes. I stayed a few nights before the game at his house, he's also the match secretary at Buckie Thistle. There were pre orders for 110 programmes, meaning only 640 on sale on the night of the game. Take into account those given to sponsors etc and you can see that there was less than 1 per every 3 folk in attendance there, some of whom were buying bundles of programmes. It quickly sold out and many fans were left without one. I bought 5 myself, to raise money for Auchinleck Talbot, and got 5 team sheets and 5 unused tickets to go with them to sell as 5 different lots.

Put one lot on at £4.99 minimum bid over 5 days, and currently sat at £6.10 with2 days to go. Team sheets weren't freely available, and tickets were taken off the punters upon entering the ground so I knew there'd be some market for them. Not surprised when I got home to find numerous programmes for sale on ebay, tickets likewise, hence my getting the complete package. Doubt there'll be any for sale anywhere at cost price, unless there's hundreds for sale on ebay now?

The programme, rightly lauded as the Scottish non league programme of the year is a truly superb issue, and I know the editor spent at least 30 hours researching and writing it all up before sending it to the printers. 32 glossy pages, crammed full of very interesting content and all for £2. Can't beat that, and it puts many senior programmes to shame.
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:19 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry John,I didn't mean at cost on ebay, I have a lot of Rangers contacts and i'm confident that at least one of them can sort me out with one,there was a programme for Brora btw.
evertonstreetend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:29 pm 
Post subject:

2000 is a great crowd. I've taken quite a liking to Buckie and visited their ground a couple of years ago when I spent a couple of days in the North East of Scotland. Gutted I couldn't take a game in.
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:43 am 
Post subject:

evertonstreetend wrote:
2000 is a great crowd. I've taken quite a liking to Buckie and visited their ground a couple of years ago when I spent a couple of days in the North East of Scotland. Gutted I couldn't take a game in.

They have a facebook page,I think I have a few of their programmes,I can't be sure though.
thegers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:21 pm 
Post subject:

https://flic.kr/p/nZoHpY

The Buckie v Rangers Programme, 32 Pages Priced £2, it`s actually quite a good wee programme.
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
It was the same for us a couple of years ago mate. A few youth players and 3 or 4 first team players, rats like Steven Naismith used their get out loophole to desert a club that was good to them,Naismith in particular,he spent most off his time with us being injured, he had one really good season then jumped ship like the rat that he is.

Off topic a bit but talking about Naismith, I won a match worn, autographed Scotland jersey of Steven Naismiths, the 2007 light blue Diadora top, that was a nice collectable for a period of time. After what happened I'd have more chance of selling this with a can of wax as a Scottish car polishing kit.
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:30 am 
Post subject:

Texas Ranger wrote:
Eck wrote:

Off topic a bit but talking about Naismith, I won a match worn, autographed Scotland jersey of Steven Naismiths, the 2007 light blue Diadora top, that was a nice collectable for a period of time. After what happened I'd have more chance of selling this with a can of wax as a Scottish car polishing kit.

True. Laughing
evertonstreetend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:14 pm 
Post subject:

Texas Ranger wrote:
Eck wrote:

How much are you willing to sell for? Laughing
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:23 pm 
Post subject:

Aye of course, you don't mind him, he hasn't done the dirty on you................yet.
evertonstreetend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:37 pm 
Post subject:

I'm curious as to why you dislike Naismith so much!?

No disrespect to Rangers, as they are one of the biggest clubs in the world... but it was either play vs. the likes of Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea etc at world class stadiums in the worlds biggest league, or play against Scottish 3rd division sides in stadiums which are falling down and on less money.

A lot of Everton fans hate Lescott for leaving us. He's from the Midlands, doesn't support Everton and had the chance to win trophies, play in the Champions League and double his wages. Why wouldn't he go!? If he was an Evertonian born and bred I'd hate him. But if I played for a club I don't support such as Sunderland, and Villa offer to double my money I would go. The only club I wouldn't leave is my own.

Is there something I'm missing about Naismith concerning something bad he's done?

Again I don't mean to cause offence, as Rangers are a world-renowned and respected club. But given the chance, 99% of people would pick playing at the Emirates in front of 60,000 than at Albion Rovers in front of 2,000!
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:56 pm 
Post subject:

No problem with Naismith or any of the others wanting to leave. The problem is the way they left, they took advantage of a loophole so that they got released from their contracts as free agents. Naismith more than the others because Rangers were patient with him through long periods of treatment,renewed his contract when he could have been let go, Rangers were good to this player,shortly after he was in the news with a thing about helping the homeless, he must have employed a good spin doctor.
evertonstreetend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:17 pm 
Post subject:

Fair point mate
thegers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:20 am 
Post subject:

https://flic.kr/p/oj9aVN

The Brora v Rangers Programme.
28 Pages Priced £3.
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:26 pm 
Post subject:

[quote="Auchinleckian"
The programme, rightly lauded as the Scottish non league programme of the year is a truly superb issue, and I know the editor spent at least 30 hours researching and writing it all up before sending it to the printers. 32 glossy pages, crammed full of very interesting content and all for £2. Can't beat that, and it puts many senior programmes to shame.[/quote]

I just had a quick look through it, I will be surprised if I come across a better production this season. This is a programme that the content would appeal to any collector. Rangers fans who bought this at the match may well keep this one, even if they don't collect programmes.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: