Football Programmes Centre

Torquay v Southend 1976/77 League Value?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Torquay v Southend 1976/77 League Value?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NVQ Assessor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:28 pm 
Post subject:

tyvm, bisphamseasider, just the information I was after, my mission is now complete with your help! I am searching for the Bristol programme now.
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:18 pm 
Post subject:

The ridiculous price of £60 for the two is being sarcastic. I have arrived at this after being 'corrected' by you as to its true value. I also noticed on e-bay that you have described the programme as scarce. I still do not believe it is scarce nor do I believe at the value you have quoted.
slightfold

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:46 pm 
Post subject:

So NVQ Assessor, if this programme is a desirable item for Punk Rock ephemera collectors, why do you advertise it under football programmes? Perhaps again there are loads of ex-punks who are also into football programmes and if that is so I defer to your greater knowledge!!
NVQ Assessor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:55 pm 
Post subject:

hi, and here's me thinking the £60 was serious ! I described it as scarce because there was no others on ebay, and I searched on line before the listing and could not find the programme anywhere. So it is scarce to a certain degree. I looked again since, and still cannot find the programme. If you have 2 copies, that doesn't mean is isn't scarce. So can you sell me one of your copies or not? £10 + £2 for recorded delivery? I already have a buyer for the programme.
NVQ Assessor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:15 pm 
Post subject:

hi slightfold, the reason being, it is a football programme and with 'sex pistols' in the title, I am more than confident the right people will find it. Also when one searches 'sex pistols' in ebay, the 6 or 7 items listed in sports memorabilia stands out a bit more, unlike the 1000s of items in pop memorabilia !
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:27 pm 
Post subject:

Just had a very good friend and fellow Torquay supporter contact me. He checked his programme and stated that there was no advert in his copy. He more than likely attended the game as I did. So basically its not the programme that makes the item collectable but the advert. I bought, as I always do at least two copies from any games that I go to and off the same source.
At the moment my attitude towards selling the item is a bit more reserved and I will sit back and watch how the one on e-bay performs. Just when you think you know as much as you possibly can about your club something like this comes along. Next time I look through Torquay programmes from that particular season I will pay more attention to what is lurking inside!!!!
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

But the argument is, is the programme rare ? I would say not at all. Most of us who have collected programmes will know there are stubborn programmes that you just can't seem obtain. But like busses , one will show up and then another just after.
Unless it was a small print run , plenty of emergency single sheets in this era ( or was that a few years before ?) then 99p is a good guess.
Having said that, the seller has noticed an unusual advert that might appeal to certain collectors and has listed as such. So quite possibly it might fetch a very good price. I return to the Mick Docherty testimonial programme. A 99p programme , someone noticed George Best on the teamsheet , listed this fact and sold it for £60 . If sellers are enterprising and buyers stupid , then good luck to the seller.
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:27 pm 
Post subject:

Totally agree with what Wullie has stated. The programme itself is just 'run of the mill', same old effort and nothing remarkable. The game itself was not remarkable and I had to look up the score to refresh my mind. Not even a huge crowd (not that Torquay ever do!!!).
The advert itself is not remarkable, and must have had a certain amount of planning ahead of it as the flyer is stapled in the programme. I'm just mystified as to why it is sought after, but each to their own.
NVQ Assessor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:58 pm 
Post subject:

the programme sold for £60+, must be a world record for this programme, rare sex pistols a4 size advert/flyer, note always look in the centre
joe_burns

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:43 pm 
Post subject: Re: Torquay v Southend 1976/77 League Value?

hi I was just wondering do you have any of them programmes left?
If you do please message me back ASAP!!!
Cheers joe
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:01 pm 
Post subject: Torquay v Southend 1976/77 League Value?

I never saw the original thread as it was before my time on here, but read through with interest yesterday.
So, I went on a search through my stock this morning and found the Man City and Ipswich ones.
I intend to list them on an Ebay auction starting Saturday night and see what happens. The City one has sold twice recently on buy it nows at around £20.
Hopefully they will hit the values spoken about previously in the thread

Thumbs Up

martino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:17 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.

Happy days.

Very Happy
joe_burns

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:49 pm 
Post subject:

I will pay up to £50 for the original Torquay vs Southend programme but must have the flyer in!!
Thanks Joe
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: