Football Programmes Centre

Does anyone have today's FSA's auction results please?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does anyone have today's FSA's auction results please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:39 pm 
Post subject: Does anyone have today's FSA's auction results please?

There were obviously problems with the internet connection at FSA today, and once again I lost connection at 5.45pm slap bang in the middle of my ticket lots being sold on behalf of Auchinleck Talbot. I'm looking for the results of lot numbers 1076 and 1077. Lot 1076 was at £50 when it originally crashed and looking at how it was going I assume that's where it finished?
dangerman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:49 pm 
Post subject:

no but i did win number 299 for the hammer price of £25
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:04 pm 
Post subject:

I'm over the moon for you....

Now, does anyone have the results I asked for in the first instance please?
Tintowner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:27 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
I'm over the moon for you....

Now, does anyone have the results I asked for in the first instance please?
Laughing
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

John, it's really frustrating, I was at work and had placed some commission bids - I was watching online for the first time and it went really well - when my last lot went through (941) I switched off. Now I'm at home and the results aren't anywhere, it seems Saleroom only shows the results while the auction is happening. Being an idiot I didn't write the results down and now I can't remember what they all were. I assumed they'd still be visible when I got home.

So you're frustrated because it broke down - I'm frustrated because I didn't write the prices down.

But Dangerman's happy so it isn't all bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
martino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:16 pm 
Post subject:

Hopefully Andy will pick up on this thread and print the results sheet tomorrow. He has done this in the past.

If you cannot wait his mobile number is online or in the catalogue.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:50 am 
Post subject: FSA

Definite problems as my bid on a Forest lot was accepted online but then they just sold in the room...so someone lost out as I was ready to keep going..c'est la vie. the price of not attending I guess,.

Hopefully it was a dealer and the one I want will appear elsewhere in time.

No sign of the results online at the site Sad

On the plus side the much maligned ebay delivered me a rare 50's friendly and rep match with enough spares to probably make them free in the long term:)
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 am 
Post subject:

Hiya,

Link to the results from yesterdays sale. Apologies for the connection going down a couple of times especially near the end for 10 minutes, I will be taking this up with Saleroom.com. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the sale, another successful one !!

http://www.footballsportsaucti.....%20Ltd.pdf

Andy

www.footballsportsauctions.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:52 am 
Post subject:

Really pleased with the small amount of items I put in for myself as four of the lots exceeded their higher guide price substantially. Bit disappointed the tickets didn't do better, but can't win them all, it's £146 minus commission for the Talbot so can't be all bad.
dangerman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:31 am 
Post subject:

i was bidding on a lot that contained 180 programmes and the bar to place a bid did not come up so the room won it for only £20
martino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:54 am 
Post subject:

I am well pleased with the prices for my lots, thanks Andy.

Auctioneer William Andrews was getting through, I reckon, 150 / 160 lots per hour. However, this does not always work in favour of the buyer or the seller and a few times I noticed internet bids coming in at the last second which were not always picked up.
blackburncollector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:36 am 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
However, this does not always work in favour of the buyer or the seller and a few times I noticed internet bids coming in at the last second which were not always picked up.

This has happened to me a few times, so I don't leave until the last millisecond now.....as a result I was happy with the two auctions that I won on there yesterday.

A bit of a general question really - why does there never seem to be any auctions up north nowadays?
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:25 pm 
Post subject:

Hiya,

Funny you mention that because we had quite a few discussions about auction locations over the sale weekend. As many of you know i live and the company is based on the Wirral and we travel down to Luton for our auctions four times a year.

We do this just purely for location reasons, located south central of the country, on the side of the M1 which obviously has good access to the North and South, also not far from the M25 plus A1.

We tried a couple of sales at my club (Lincoln) which to be honest was a bit off the beaten track and was really done as a favor to the club.

Manchester or Liverpool has been mentioned to me many times and you never know in the future that may happen but as many people have stated that on most occasions if people require the items they will travel to get to them regardless of there location Smile

Andy

www.footballsportsauctions.co.uk
blackburncollector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:34 pm 
Post subject:

thanks for the reply Andy.

If you have 4 auctions per year, you could have 3 down there and then take 1 on tour per year - Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, Cardiff, etc?

Just a thought...
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: