Football Programmes Centre

Your collection in 2009
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Your collection in 2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:32 pm 
Post subject: Your collection in 2009

Hi everyone,

Well it's that time of year again when we'll see out 2008 and welcome in 2009. What are your targets or aims for your programme collection in 2009 ?

Me ?? I'm hoping to finish my post war attendance collection for all 92 English League clubs and have started on Scottish League clubs by next New Year. I'm hoping both Bournemouth and Luton escape relegation (I've got their programmes you see !!) to be replaced by 2 teams with really rare programmes to find, Macclesfield and Barnet would be good ! (Sorry, any Macclesfield supporters, but I can't find a 1948 Cheshire Senior Cup game vs Winsford anywhere! Barnet supporters, have you seen a 1952 FA Amateur Cup programme for your game against Wycombe ??)

Best wishes to all for 2009, good health, happiness and a lottery win or 2 to nab that all elusive final programme to complete the set !!

CHEERS !!!!!!!!! Razz Razz Razz

Last edited by crowdedhouse on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
goodysprogs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

For me, after nearly selling off my whole boston united collection, nearly a thousand of them, I am going back to start collecting them again. Finished off the league spell, but not not going to search for the programmes from 07/08 onwards, just from 01/02 and before. Other than that, going to contine with my website and see what happens with it.
Dellboye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:51 pm 
Post subject:

Im hoping to complete my chelsea home collection from 1950(19 to go)and cut down my 1946-50 wants to less than 20.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:58 pm 
Post subject:

Trouble is the difference between what I want to do next year and what I can even hope to do depends very much on whether I manage to win the lotto. If I don't then I may not add very much to my collection. All the ones I need now seem to cost far more than my bank account or my marrage can withstand.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:03 pm 
Post subject:

I'd like to expand on my Everton vs Liverpool collection, currently around 110 programmes from 1950 onwards.

Need the 1950 FA Cup Semi Final and the 1950-51 Anfield league game to complete 1950 - present day.

Then I'll possibly bid for a few 1940's merseyside derby programmes from league and cup but not too many as I think this year most of my money will be tied up with paying bills and trying to manage finances what with the way the current financial market is going.

I can see 2009 being a really slow and quiet year for programme collecting, but on the other hand if you have the spare money available you may be able to pick up quite a few bargains as people sell their collections to raise cash.
paulo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:53 pm 
Post subject:

I would like to finish my programme collection for each ground I have been to (mostly with Norwich, first visit), I have about 30 to go but have secured around 20 that should be with me in the new year. I am getting to the ones that I think will be most tricky.

I may try and finish my Free Lions collection, although this might be costly.

Not sure where I will go after that.
Geddon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:15 pm 
Post subject:

I would like to at least complete my collection of home games back to 1960, and at least make a dent in the postponed issues. That's only 21 league games, plus a few odd league cup, ldv and welsh cup games.

Also, with a bit of luck I'm hopeful of finding the 44 away programmes that I'm missing back to 1965.
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:36 pm 
Post subject:

Pretty similar to Geddon, I want to complete homes back to (and including) 60/61 season and knock a fair few off my aways and 1950's lists too.
James

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:22 pm 
Post subject:

I'm hoping to reduce a few of my collections:

Spurs homes from 50/51 to present 38 needed (although want be able to complete it due to a few of them being over £200 and £300 each, finances just wont stretch that far)
Spurs homes from 46/47 to 49/50 45 needed
Spurs Aways from 57/58 to present 29 needed (Domestic lge and cup)

And others have mentioned, just knock off programmes from my other wants lists:

Gills homes from 46/47 to date
Gills aways from 46/47 to date
Spurs aways from 46/47 to 56/57
Friendlies with either of the above teams that I require
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:02 pm 
Post subject: gills homes

I have Southern League v Cheshire League at the Priestfield Stadium from their last non league season, 49-50, for exchange if you're interested. Apart from rusty staples programme is in very good condition. Think I've also probably got a Priestfield Review from 50-1 season as well somewhere.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:43 pm 
Post subject:

Happy New Year everyone!! I'd like to reduce the number of programmes from other clubs that I have taking up room all around the house, whilst at the same time filling up gaps in my collection, from present day to the 50's.
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 pm 
Post subject:

Collecting Gillingham home and aways back tp 69/70,just want to continue filling in the gaps.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:11 pm 
Post subject:

Still working on my Everton post-war collection

Need 78 homes (18 45-6 FLN, 13 x 46/7, 13 x 47/8, 12 x 48/9, 7 x 49/50 and 10 early 50s. plus 5 FA Cup) - presently I have every first class home game post 1957 (missing 3 from 52-7)

Then about 120 odd minor games - mostly FA Youth Cup etc, minor games played at Everton. Plus around 100 even more minor games (like Lancs Senior Cup)

Then my 60s away collection: all minor games (Friendlies etc.)

Maybe an odd reserve game from 60s Home or Away.

Don't expect to see too many in the near future but you never know!
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:01 pm 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:
Still working on my Everton post-war collection

Need 78 homes (18 45-6 FLN, 13 x 46/7, 13 x 47/8, 12 x 48/9, 7 x 49/50 and 10 early 50s. plus 5 FA Cup) - presently I have every first class home game post 1957 (missing 3 from 52-7)

Then about 120 odd minor games - mostly FA Youth Cup etc, minor games played at Everton. Plus around 100 even more minor games (like Lancs Senior Cup)

Then my 60s away collection: all minor games (Friendlies etc.)

Maybe an odd reserve game from 60s Home or Away.

Don't expect to see too many in the near future but you never know!

1 down 77 to go!!!!
now 1 from 52-3, 1 from 56-7
Senior82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:09 pm 
Post subject:

I want to complete my Owls home and aways from 60/61 to present day (League, FA Cup and League Cup) - only 87 to go anyway.

Then it's ticking off all the friendlies and raising the cash to buy the Barcelona away programme!!

Almost forgot - aiming to fully complete my Sheffield Eagles collection from 1984 (year they were formed). Buying 220 of them next month.
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:49 am 

OK.

I was thinking of expanding my collection to include Scottish League clubs but instead I've decided to branch out and collect the programmes from the record home attendance fixtures of former League clubs since 1945. So I'm now adding programmes to my wants list from former greats such as Boston Utd, Scarborough, Rushden & Diamonds as well as those 'fly-by-night' teams like Oxford Utd, Cambridge Utd, Mansfield and Wrexham.

Incidentally, I already had the 1964 Oxford v Preston FAC 6th Round programme so in theory I've made a start to this list.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the MK Dons v Leicester City game in February as the attendance record at Stadium MK could be broken!! Cool
foxes1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:25 am 
Post subject: Re: Your collection in 2009

crowdedhouse wrote:
OK.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the MK Dons v Leicester City game in February as the attendance record at Stadium MK could be broken!! Cool

Providing they send us enough tickets we will fill the ground ourselves. Very Happy
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:00 am 

You only have 17,250 to beat. Shouldn't be too hard to beat that !!
I'm convinced Leicester City will bring more fans than Morecambe did last season when the current stadium record was set, it's all down to the Dons fans turning up in good numbers!
matt blue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:11 pm 
Post subject:

I would like to get the 14 home programmes i need back to 1954 season, 2 are welsh cup programmes and like rocking horse...

If anyone sees Cardiff City v Lovells Athletic 20 01 1960 int he welsh cup 5th round, please pick it up Smile
foxes1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:59 pm 
Post subject: Re: Your collection in 2009

crowdedhouse wrote:
You only have 17,250 to beat. Shouldn't be too hard to beat that !!
I'm convinced Leicester City will bring more fans than Morecambe did last season when the current stadium record was set, it's all down to the Dons fans turning up in good numbers!

Hi
If we do break the attendance record at MKDons let me know and if req'd I should be able to get a programme for you. According to reports we should be getting around 5000 tickets so we will probably sell out.
ps - What is the attendance record at Northampton we have sold out our allocation and according to reports a lot of Leicester fans have also got tickets for the home areas.

Foxes1
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: