Football Programmes Centre

The FPC Predictor: The Play Offs
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The FPC Predictor: The Play Offs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2013-14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:36 pm 
Post subject: The FPC Predictor: The Play Offs

Last weekend saw the final round of regular matches in our Predictor competition and I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has entered this season and hopefully will see you back next season if you are no longer involved.

The Final league Table will be online TONIGHT

Northern Conference:

Despite being hammered in 'the filth derby' kcs won the Northern Conference due to Rockyboro being edged 4-3 by Pastpirate.
Kcs goes straight to the Conference final and is now just one match from the Grand Final. Rockyboro and this season's top scorers JohnnyP receive a bye in the first round of the play-offs.
SurfinJim also a final day loser clng onto the last play-off spot due to NeilP losing 10-5 to tufcprogs who incidentally was the highest scorer on a generally very low scoring weekend.

Play offs (North) 22nd/23rd Mar Play-offs Elimination Rd

Match No 1 Ruudvandriver v SurfinJim

match No 2 Sharrowblade v gkb

29th/30th Mar Conference Quarter Finals

Match No 5 Rockyboro v ........................(lowest ranked team from match 1 and 2)

Match No 6 JohnnyP v ............................(the highest ranked team from match 1 and 2)

5/6th April Conference Semi Final

Match No 9 (The winner of Match No 5 v the Winner of Match No 6)

19th/20th April Conference Final

Match No 11 kcs v (The winner of match No 9)

Southern conference:

Greatbarrwolf are the Southern Conference Winners and progress staright to the Conference final.
The top three all lost but gfcPaul and Wrexham still have a free weekend as they came 2nd and 3rd.
The real drama was played out behind them.
There was a whole conundrum of possible circumstances, but one thing for certain is that apart from JJprogrammes, who could afford to lose ....derby1884, Pastpirate, Drvonshineck couldn't especially with superajm guaranteed three points. As it happens it went to the wire with everyone winning by narrow margins and so Superajm unfortunately went on points difference.

Therefore:

The Southern Conference

22nd/23rd Mar Play-offs Elination

Match no 3 Pastpirate v derby1884

Match No 4 Drvonshineck v JJprogrammes

29th/30th Mar Conference Quarter Finals

Match No 7 Wrexham v ...................(the lowest ranked team from Matches 3 and 4)

Match No 8 gfcPaul v .................(the highest ranked team from Matches 3 and 4)

5/6th April Conference Semi Final

Match No 10 (the winner of Match No 7) v (The winner of Match No Cool

19th/20th April Conference Final

Match No 12 Greatbarrwolf v (the winner of Match No 10)

Finally, 26th/27th May THE GRAND FINAL

Winner of match 11 (Northeren Conference) v Winner of Match 12 (Southern conference)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:47 pm 
Post subject:

On behalf of all the competitors this season can I say THANKS to Sharrowblade for organising the competition and keeping us all informed on progress.

Now for the real conundrum - what the f*ck am I going to do with a near four week break before the Conference Final? I'll have to go to the far east for some warm weather training!!
coolascustard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:25 pm 
Post subject:

I had a stinker this season,but now iam out of the league I can concentrate on the cup. Laughing
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:37 pm 
Post subject:

GreatBarrWolf wrote:
On behalf of all the competitors this season can I say THANKS to Sharrowblade for organising the competition and keeping us all informed on progress.

Now for the real conundrum - what the f*ck am I going to do with a near four week break before the Conference Final? I'll have to go to the far east for some warm weather training!!

We are touring Qatar to promote the club and give extra exposure to the World Cup over there. We also have 3 reserve friendlies at local non-league teams Smile

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
sellsell39

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:23 pm 
Post subject:

GreatBarrWolf wrote:

Absolutely echo these thoughts, thanks Sharrowblade Clap .

GreatBarrWolf, you can play me in a friendly to keep "your eye in" Nod , you won't want any rustyness during the Conference Final.
Shotsman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm 
Post subject:

great fun and a real diversion from my studies, thanks to Sharrowblade
atletico

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:01 pm 
Post subject:

Very disappointing season for me, I shall be back next season.

Thanks to Sharrowblade for all your hard work. Clap
| More
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2013-14 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: