Football Programmes Centre

How rare and collectable is this really
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How rare and collectable is this really

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PennyBlake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:20 pm 
Post subject: How rare and collectable is this really

I found this on E-Bay

What I would like to know is how rare and collectable is a matchday program for a match that has yet to be played. If it is rare then should I perhaps buy a few of them seeing as Im going to be at that game tomorrow

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NORWICH-.....500wt_1182

Chairboys since 1993
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:56 pm 
Post subject:

His ebay username is desperatedan79. I'm pretty sure he must be really desperate considering the amount of crap he's posting there.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:43 pm 
Post subject: rare programmes

The guy's obviously a f***wit. How can anything be rare before a game? If Norwich have their usual 20,000 plus crowd, there'll be about 6 to 7,000 programmes printed. He's blatantly ripping people off, charging a fiver for a programme that will be either £3 or £3.50, plus £2.65 postage, for something that would normally cost £1. So he's making between £3 and £3.50 profit on each programme sold.
There's a world of difference in predicting which games are going to be rare from a background of experience to trying to profiteer from a situation because you're a rip off merchant.
Two years back I pre ordered 25 of Gretna's last ever game against Hearts (it wasn't for definite that it was their last game at the time of playing the game, but most folk in the know were aware they'd never kick another ball again after the game) at £2 each, knowing there'd be a clamour for them. When I found out they'd only printed 200 when I spoke to the girl in the club shop I knew I'd got a real rarity on my hands. They went for an average of £10 a piece, so I was made up.
Other games can be similarly guaged, first and last games in the division two, European aways in certain countries, some league vs non league in the Scottish Cup, some friendlies, and even non league teams who issue their first ever programmes. It's not a science, but it usually works. Tryng to rip people off with assertions that any game's a rarity before a ball's kicked is complete and utter pish.
oldbolt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:07 pm 
Post subject:

This guy is asking £4.50 plus postage for tomorrow's Middlebrough v Doncaster programme.
Different sales technique though...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Middlesb.....911.c0.m14
Rocky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:54 pm 
Post subject:

I think the sellers name explains everything. He must be getting some funds together to buy something......maybe a football club?????? Chav
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: