Football Programmes Centre

P & P Charges
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
P & P Charges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
millwalldan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:20 pm 
Post subject: P & P Charges

Today I bought 20 programmes, all individually from a dealer on ebay. They said on the listing that they would do a deal on the P&P charges.

Each programme individually would cost £1.75 P&P which is high anyway, then the invoice came through and they are asking for £20 P&P. Shocked

They are only from the 80's aswell so it's not as if they are heavy.

Never really had a problem with pricing like that before.
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

Tell him where to stick it mate!!

Or ask him to send each one in a separate envelop

That's ridiculous.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:58 pm 
Post subject:

Ask again for a deal on the postage. The invoice may be automatic with postage prices. If he refuses tell him to stick it..
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:33 pm 
Post subject: postage

If the invoice is genuine and is still asking for that amount of postage refuse to pay it, and advise that you're taking out a complaint via ebay about his shady practices. Only give him 24 hours though to change the amount to "focus" him on the matter in hand. Suggest to him that you've been down to the local Post Office and weighed a simialr amount and it comes to about £3 to £3.50, and you're prepared to pay £4 top whack to cover cost of envelope as well. Failing that.....tell him to go **** himself.
millwalldan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:57 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers for the advice lads. I sent him an email asking him to reconsider it and he said £13.

I said that is still way too much and he said he won't go lower than £10. Again, I said that is really high and that £5 will more than cover it.

He still says that he will not go lower than £10 and has started saying that I shouldn't bid on something if I can't afford the P&P. Bloody cheek.

I said £5 take it or leave it.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 pm 
Post subject: p&p

Bushwhack him!
Footyfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:54 pm 
Post subject: P&P Charges

Recently had a similar occurence with an EBay Seller who listed individual programmes with a £1.50 (2nd Class P&P) charge.

I bid on 3 programmes and the seller wanted £4.50 (2nd Class), enen though they would be posted in a single envelope.

The seller refused to reconsider so I cancelled the transaction, left Negative Feedback, and reported him to EBay who have introduced a Fair P&P policy which essentially states that P&P charges should reflect the actual cost.

Other buyers on the Feedback profile had complained about paying £9 postage for a single 1960's prog - outrageous.

Unless it is an item you are desperate to acquire my advice would be - look elswhere.
OldburyWBA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

I brought a programme recently on ebay, cost 99p plus 60p postage. Got a card through the doot saying to collect it as insufficent postage had been put on the envelope.

Went to get it and had to pay £1.08 as the postage was 8p under and they added £1 on top as admin charge.

Contacted seller who states that the post office weighed it and put the stamp on, he also said 1st class Large Letter stamp but on the envelope is a normal 1st class letter stamp.

At the end of the day its £1.08 but I think the principle and his attitude in his reply stinks. He has another couple of days to reply before a Paypal claimis put in for the £1.08.
kcs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:25 pm 
Post subject:

Difficult one here mate, the guy doesn't seem to be trying to rip you off by only charging 60 pence postage.

I have had a similar problem but as a seller, we sent an item of clothing after it being sold on eBay, we took it to the post office and they weighed and charged accordingly.
We then get an email stating that the buyer had to go to the post office as insufficient postage was on the parcel. We backed down and gave a refund on the p&p etc.

Without knocking the post office, the blame in both situations are probably that of the post office or sorting office staff.

The seller could have been a little bit more sympathetic mind....

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
OldburyWBA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:18 pm 
Post subject:

I know what you're saying but at the end of the day I was charged 99p + 60p postage so thats all I should pay. The extra £1.08 should not come out of my pocket.

I know its a piddly little amount but theres a principle behind it and the blokes response said it all for me.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:37 pm 
Post subject: P&P Charges.

Recently obtained one of the few progs i require of my wants list from one of the better known sites on the net, cost me £30 payed for with P/O cost me an extra £3 and posted of Special Delivery £4.50p total outlay £37.50p, i waited for over a week for prog , sent second class mail,note inside envelope stated .....Unfortunately you did not include ANY postage for this order.Please add 47p to your next order.NB Please note ALL orders ar PLUS postage. I know its a business and times are hard ,but come on guys 47p!.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:39 pm 
Post subject:

Postage can be difficult if you are listing loads of items but that amount is plain stupid. It's against Ebay rules to over charge for postage but good luck with getting them to listen.

On a large amount it might be worthwhile offering to get the picked up, you can do with upto about 25kg for about £8.00.

But for those 20 programmes I would be supprised if they cost more then £2.50 to post, say 50p for packing and 50p for his time and he's trying to get another £5.00 off you for the programmes.

I always say if after you get them the postage seemed exsessive let me know and I'll refund the difference or explain why. Often people think you just put a stamp on a envelope you found and the postage fairy comes and picks them up at your door. I wouldn't post anything for less then £1.00 but when you get it it won't be folded or damaged in the post and that's the main concern.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:50 pm 
Post subject:

OldburyWBA wrote:
I brought a programme recently on ebay, cost 99p plus 60p postage. Got a card through the doot saying to collect it as insufficent postage had been put on the envelope.

Went to get it and had to pay £1.08 as the postage was 8p under and they added £1 on top as admin charge.

Contacted seller who states that the post office weighed it and put the stamp on, he also said 1st class Large Letter stamp but on the envelope is a normal 1st class letter stamp.

At the end of the day its £1.08 but I think the principle and his attitude in his reply stinks. He has another couple of days to reply before a Paypal claimis put in for the £1.08.

I wonder if this is the same as the problems I had.

Was it an A4 bubble envelope ? these are A4 but the glue makes them bigger then the Royal Mail template. So if they are sent small they can get picked up as large and so you get the excess.

The Royal Mail fugged up their measurements.
OldburyWBA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:30 pm 
Post subject:

No this was just a normal a4 envelope.
James

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:44 pm 
Post subject:

I just bought 22 programmes on ebay today, before i bid/bought any of them i asked the seller if they would combine postage and said which programmes i was going to buy and they came back giving me a total of £6 postage, so i went and bought the items and when i came to paying for them they had reduced the postage to £4 so an even better deal.
wazmuz80

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:25 am 
Post subject: postage

Have to agree, ebay sellers do add to much to the postage.
Just to state FOOTY PROGS only charde £1 p&p no matter how small or large your order is!!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: