Football Programmes Centre

Programme Fairs
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programme Fairs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinniega64

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:15 pm 
Post subject: Programme Fairs

anybody know if there will be any in Scotland anytime soon
Drvonshineck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:15 am 
Post subject:

There is usually one in Glasgow around June.
Eck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:07 pm 
Post subject:

There was one in Glasgow a few years ago,I don't think there was one in 2013. The major dealers that are in Scotland as far as I know are Glasgow programmes and Almondvale and if both of them weren't involved I think it would be a waste of time. There are some on here including Jachaz,Hibernian & Auchinleckian that have quality vintage Scottish material but we would need these kind of people involved to make it happen. As things stand I think you're best looking at the Northern England fairs like the Lancashire one. I hope to make one of the London fairs sometime,i'm not sure a programme fair in Scotland would be well attended.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:27 pm 
Post subject:

There’s normally a fair in Glasgow organised by Glasgow Programmes and Almondvale Programmes. I’ve missed the last couple but I believe they are reasonably well attended, from memory they have been held in May and possibly September as well, could be wrong with that though, usually three or four dealers in attendance. The Scottish Programme Fair used to be a big deal, and very well attended [attracting some dealers from south of the border as well] , I recall being at one in a suite a Hampden about 12 years ago and it was very busy. I think those days are sadly gone now, although I do believe there is an opportunity to try and branch out to include other forms of sports memorabilia collecting to widen appeal/attendance, just needs someone to organise it!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: