Football Programmes Centre

Eintracht Frankfurt v Forest - 1967 ICFC
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Eintracht Frankfurt v Forest - 1967 ICFC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stodin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:02 pm 
Post subject: Eintracht Frankfurt v Forest - 1967 ICFC

I have never seen this programme before... until yesterday

Forest played Eintracht Frankfurt in the Inter Cities Fairs Cup on 20th September 1967. The attendance was only 4500 and it pished it down all through the game.

I spoke to a Forest player who played in the game and he was unsure if a programme was issued and if one was many would have been ruined by the rain.

Anyway, bloke outside the Forest ground yesterday had a stall selling old forest programmes, I have never seen him before but them again I have not been for a few years. I spotted this programme on his stall, it even had a handwritten translation. I asked him how much and he said £20!!! I snapped his arm off, had the programme in my mits and handed him a twenty, 'Oh, sorry, I thought you meant the Tooting v Forest one, the Frankfurt one is £120' he said.

I didnt have the cash on me so I left it. I had a quick chat to him but forgot to take his number Sad he said he got it for £100 from a private seller and had tried to sell it on ebay with no success. I think it was worth it especially as I had never seen it before.

Any opinions? I know its worth what someone (me) is prepared to pay for it, but I would only buy it to sell on at a profit.

Mick, Do you know this fella? is he always there? just on the corner of trent bridge as you walk down to the trent end. Not sure if you go that way seeing as you live in Clifton and sit in the main stand
ForestMick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:18 am 
Post subject:

Hello Mate,
I too have never seen one of them before. Although that is way out of my price range, if I had the cash, I would bite his arm off!!

There are a couple of sellers down the side there- The old guy stands near the fire exit on the front of Southbank, with his little wooden board; The guy with the tea cosy hat stands just over Trent Bridge, 1st left.; and the guy with the moustache who runs the programme shop in the Meadows normally stands further down.

Let me know which one it is, if it is the old guy, I'm not sure how to get in touch, but the other two are easy enough to contact.
stodin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:18 pm 
Post subject:

I had had a few but I reckon it is the fella with the tea cosy hat.

I am sure I will be down there again pretty soon, so I will get his details and hioefully arrange to have a good rummage whenthere are less people about
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:42 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah, tea cosy does tend to stand at the top end, near Southbank. He's a well travelled Forest fan, so I wouldn't be surprised if he got that from the game, rather than buying it off someone. I haven't bought anything off him, but I have seem him on away trips like Bordeaux etc. I'll try and find out his contact details for you mate.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: