Football Programmes Centre

Does anybody collect teamsheets on here?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does anybody collect teamsheets on here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:05 am 
Post subject: Does anybody collect teamsheets on here?

I collect Middlesbrough teamsheets however they seem to be a lot harder to come by than tickets and programmes, I am particularly struggling to find pre 2000 teamsheets. Where are people finding it best to find them?

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

I was fortunate enough to receive a boxload of Burnley programmes from the late 80s to mid 90s from someone that was connected with the club, and received a complimentary copy with a teamsheet for every home game.

Since 2003, I have asked the club shop to save me a programme and teamsheet from each home game.
matt blue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:14 pm 
Post subject:

yip, I collect teamsheets also, have virtually a complete run at home from 2000...have about 60% aways also
kcs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm 
Post subject:

Do clubs generally sell team sheets to the 'public' on match days?

Whenever i have been to a game i have never seen them on sale, but have found on eBay and dealers catalogues team sheets for games i went too.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
matt blue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm 
Post subject:

With some clubs there in reception from around 230...I normally contact the club prior then collect after the match, never normally any problems
Pagiemcfc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:45 pm 
Post subject:

I Collect teamsheets but only started proper last season i have all home 2007/2008 & 2008/2009 as i know who to ask for them and as i travel to all the away games i try to blag a teamsheet from the away games and some clubs post them out to me i managed to get all aways last season including the european ones and have managed to get all friendlies so far this season
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:41 pm 
Post subject: teamsheets

I am starting to email the clubs to get teamsheets, programmes and tickets sent for every game.

I have just organised every home teamsheet to be sent to me from boro matches. However they are charging 20p and 50p postage per sheet. I thought this was reasonable but thought they might send them free with my programme subscription considering how much money i plough into them each season. Crying or Very sad

Does anyone know how far back teamsheets go? As they seem to be a 90s, 00s thing to me but I am only new to collecting so dont really know much yet?

Also does anyone know how to determine between originals and copied teamsheets. I have found this hard when clubs produce black and white teamsheets as anybody could photocopy them. How do you know what the original teamsheets were like when buying them from years back?

I have seen quite a few Middlesbrough teamsheets that are black and white from the 90s that are advertised as originals, but how would I know for sure, at the moment I have only been buying colour ones as copies are easier to spot with these.

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:06 pm 
Post subject:

I have some Burnley teamsheets from the late 60s - you can tell if they are original or not just by the feel of the paper.

It's hard to describe, but the paper quality/feel was somehow different in the 60s - obviously not as 'white' as it can be these days.
Pagiemcfc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:35 pm 
Post subject:

it cost me 20p per teamsheet at Middlesbrough last season
Rocky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:51 pm 
Post subject:

As Pagiemcfc mentioned, Boro teamsheets cost 20p last season from the reception area. The year before they cost nothing, just a friendly smile when enquiring (or maybe she fancied me!!!) No....... the wife confirmed it was just the friendly smile. Sad

I have a lot of Boro team sheets, mostly recent ones, but I also have some dating back to the late seventies and the eighties. I'm not sure if they were readily available to supporters in those days. They were probably produced to give to representatives of the clubs involved and to the press. The ones I have from the seventies are printed on coloured paper with what appears to be a letterhead at the top.

Moving into the 80's the teamsheets were usually black and white with the letterhead changing in design around late 81/2 season. I have some with a red border from 83/4 season and also some that are black and white.

Boro teamsheets really changed in the 91/2 season when they became full colour (red) with the team shirt of that season been the backdrop. This carried on until 98/9 season when the design changed again and they were produced with a sponsors advert on reverse side as well. They have changed in design every season since, but always in colour with a sponsors advert on the reverse side. If you've got a black and white one since 91/2, then I think you'll have a copy. Reserve issues may be different, but I don't collect them. Youth Cup games are usually just a black and white teamsheet.

Think that just about covers everything.

Rocky Smile
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:48 pm 

What about friendly teamsheets from recent seasons and lower league teams away. e.g. I had a black and white Mansfield v boro teamsheet from a couple of seasons ago but sold it because I thought it was just a photocopy.

kcs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:32 pm 
Post subject:

Brentside have almost 20 pages of team sheets for sale....

http://www.brentside.co.uk/pro.....amp;page=1

STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:48 pm 

Where it says press sheets I assume this is the same as teamsheets (on brentside) programmes?

kcs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:03 pm 
Post subject:

think so mate, that's how i read it... best check with them before spending the hard earned cash

johnwells

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:55 pm 
Post subject: teamsheets brighton

i now only collect for BRIGHTON HOME FRIENDLIES and aways that i go to.

have many availalble, from press reporter so many have notes written on.

mostly homes from approx1996 to 2005

Would prefer to swap for brighton away match tickets that i require PRE 2000 from games attended.

john
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: