Football Programmes Centre

Predictor Round 9 Results and Late predictions
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Predictor Round 9 Results and Late predictions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2013-14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:37 pm 
Post subject: Predictor Round 9 Results and Late predictions

The International weekend obviously caught a few out with a number of teams either not entering any predictions or missing the kick off time of 4pm.

Given the fact that the rule about getting all predictions in before the first kick off has been in place all season, and that I've already had to rule on this in an earlier week, unfortunately any scores received after the first game has kicked off are void.

There was also a couple of predictions where a score was entered for a team but not their opponents. Makes it a little difficult to determine the points on those Laughing

HEADLINES:
8 teams either don't turn up or are late with their entries. 4 out 5 sides with late entries would have won inc Toffeedan Shocked sadly, there's no reward.

JJprogrammes maintain their 100% record, Sharrowblade remains unbeaten, Barrett and Surfinjim share a goal-less draw as neither team turns up. There is a 35 points thriller determined by the odd point.

Barrett 0-0 SurfinJim
JohnnyP 15-0 Superajm
Coolascustard 0-18 NeilP
Kcs 8-6 BurnleyCollector
Pastpirate 10-13 Sharrowblade
Kenners46 0-12 Mattybatty
Eck 11-13 JJprogrammes
Wrexham 8-0 Atletico
Robbo 9-16 gkb
Pablo76 0-7 DannyRoberts
SaintClarkie 10-19 Shotsman
Sellsell39 6-0 Toffeedan
Greatbarrwolf 13-11 Lincolnredman
Londonlilywhite 19-14 Drvonshineck
Rockyboro 17-18 gfcpaul
Ruudvandriver 5-7 Derby1884

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:11 am 
Post subject:

I tender my resignation - from league and cup:

I've missed out because I work 6 am to 6 pm - I'm sorry but that's the way it is for me. You've lost one set of predictions where I won (ok, one of those things) and, despite being time stamped, the worst case scenario should be that I have less games to choose - and I (and I'm sure others) are penalised for this - yes I know you don't want non-attending but what's wrong with a (predictions) points deduction or something - but to take all the points away - how can that be right?

Whatever you decide, fine, I'm sure my opponent will enjoy his victory but that's enough from me. I'm staying on 1 point - or you can give my place to someone else.

OK, thanks for running the event and all that. Nothing personal Sharrowblade but your rules are too harsh.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:26 pm 
Post subject:

Alright Dan, sorry that you feel this way.

I know that people work, and have other things in their lives. That's perfectly understandable. I know only too well (Last week apart from work, I had three 2 hour football training sessions, one gymnastics session, one schoolboy match, and a weekend consisting of attending SUFC Academy games at Barnsley on Saturday and an away trip to Middlesbrough on sunday).

But, the matches to be predicted are up there from sunday or monday evening. Tuesday at the very latest. That's the majority of the week to take two minutes to predict your scores.

I didn't actually lose one set of predictions, the site did.

I can tell you that I had got 12 points from the first three games that weekend, but I couldn't tell you anything after that, least of all my opponents score. I never look at my opponents predictions until I tot up the scores after all the games have finished on a sunday afternoon usually.

To be honest, I'm surprised to know that anybody knew the result of their game that weekend.

You are claiming its a time issue, no problem.

In the time it took you to write your resignation some might argue you could have predicted your scores.

For others, myself included, on occassions, I dare say its more likely to be a simple case of forgetting rather than time.

As for Sellsell39 enjoying his victory? I'm sure he wouldn't have complained if I had ruled in your favour.

The rules are like any other Prediction league, or fantasy football game in the country. All scores to be in before the first kick off that day/weekend. This was clearly stated at the start of the competiton, and has been every week since.

Is the ruling fair? You obviously don't agree with it. I'm sure not everyone will. But, there are some lads who get their scores in almost straight away, I dare say there is half a dozen who have already done so. In a way, they could argue that by getting their scores in early, they are giving an advantage to their opponents, who in reality are getting a look at their opponents scores without seeing theirs until the last minute.

Once again, sorry you feel this way.

Best regards Sharrowblade
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:14 am 
Post subject:

Tufcprogs have now taken Toffeedan's position in the League.

Just a reminder all games to be predicted by Saturday's first kick off:

Thanks Sharrowblade
| More
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2013-14 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: