Football Programmes Centre

Just typical ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Just typical ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holtie96

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:40 pm 
Post subject: Just typical ebay

Another example of unscrupulous ebay seller. I won a set of tickets and programmes stuck in an album not worth much but for me had invaluable guildford city items for my collection
The seller obviously thought it was weigh a fortune as surprise surprise the item hasn't arrived and the seller won't respond to emails
I have always honored purchases when I have been disappointed with the selling price but this toss pot gets away with it
No
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:54 pm 
Post subject:

Compromise

Tell him (a) it's not worth a ransom
(b) just give me the things I want and I won't make a fuss

worth a try anyway..
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:59 pm 
Post subject:

I had one recently.. £1 item post free. Obviously it never arrived but sellers fault listing post free. I just claimed my money back and left negative feedback. What more can you do ?
Drvonshineck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:29 pm 
Post subject:

I had a seller that didn't utter a word until two weeks later when he told me in sent it the day after the payment and had been on holiday.

He sent it to the wrong address and it return damaged so he refunded me.

I e-mailed asking him what feedback should I leave him, as he was obviously at it he never replied.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:40 pm 
Post subject:

Touching wood and everything else, I must be lucky dealing solely in press photos as it's many years since I was let down by an Ebay trader.
From memory, I think his name was David Woolston and he lived in Suffolk, and he stopped trading soon after, disappearing into the ether - unless you guys know otherwise.

Maybe I'm just lucky but the vast majority of my customers and my suppliers are such nice people. Love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:23 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Maybe I'm just lucky but the vast majority of my customers and my suppliers are such nice people. Love

Same here, Pete.
Never once had any trouble from anyone - buyer or seller.

It's a different matter when it comes to buying/selling vinyl records on EBay, though. Absolute minefield when it comes to condition, recogniton of first/second/third pressing, matrix codes etc etc.

Programmes are simple in comparison!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 pm 
Post subject: Re: Just typical ebay

holtie96 wrote:
Another example of unscrupulous ebay seller. I won a set of tickets and programmes stuck in an album not worth much but for me had invaluable guildford city items for my collection
The seller obviously thought it was weigh a fortune as surprise surprise the item hasn't arrived and the seller won't respond to emails
I have always honored purchases when I have been disappointed with the selling price but this toss pot gets away with it
No

Similar thing happened to me about six or seven years ago Holtie, this guy took my money but no item arrived & he wouldn't answer my emails.

So I sent him one last email saying ... "Don't worry about it, I'm down your way soon for the footy, I'll pay you a very personal visit chum" .... hey presto, the item arrived two days later with a curt note saying he didn't 'appreciate' being threatened!

I didn't appreciate having to resort to such caveman tactics either, but the chap left me no choice unfortunately.

PS. I wasn't going to be anywhere near his way for the footy! Very Happy
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: