Football Programmes Centre

refund for programme bought on ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
refund for programme bought on ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy s

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:06 pm 
Post subject: refund for programme bought on ebay

Has anybody had any bad experiences with refunds?
I bought a programme that had not been described properly, so contacted the buyer for a refund. I sent it back, recorded delivery, and received a cheque from the seller. He had deducted paypal fees and final fees from ebay. Messaged him about the deductions but never got a reply. All in all I ended up £5.50 out of pocket with no programme.
Has anyone had any similar experiences?
oldbolt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:14 pm 
Post subject:

All you should have paid is the return postage.

If you'd opened an "Item not as described " dispute with ebay/paypal that's how it would have panned out.
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:40 pm 
Post subject:

I got stiffed on some programmes recently the condition was awful.I put it down to experience and won't use the seller again I really can't be bothered with the hassle. There is one item I haven't received,I got in touch with the seller and he said he would refund because he had it insured with the P.O. I'm not happy about it though i've been looking forward to this one but i've an idea that some sellers just won't send your item if it doesn't make what they hoped and just refund your payment. One guy did this and only paid me when ebay leaned on him,he gave me some old fanny about his house being vandalised but never told me until about 4-6 weeks after the sale date
pnefan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:50 pm 
Post subject:

Items do get lost in the post but as far as i'm concerned buying and selling programmes has been , generally , a good experience .

Try selling Subbuteo to Italy -

If it doesn't get lost in the post it's usually not as described or they squeeze you for a part refund - its a nightmare .

Just had one case to Greece were the items won in an auction were posted exactly as described - the buyer requested extra items not advertised in the auction then left me 2 negs as well !!!!

The buyer even confirmed receipt of what was described but paypal put pressure on me to part refund .

Before buying or bidding always read the returns notes .

Usually sellers stipulate 7-14 days .

You have the right to demand a complete refund and postage within the stipulated time-scale even if the seller refuses to allow you postage costs .
roughyedz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:23 am 
Post subject:

if you get a programme NOT as described IMMEDIATELY raise a dispute via E-bay......and ask for a full refund. . . You will of course get a full refund as E-Bay / Paypal ( same company ) will TAKE it out of the sellers account without their permission anyway, and give a full refund to the buyer .. The only cost or loss is the return postage cost.

It could not be more simple
andy s

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:43 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Roughyedz for your reply, but I had contacted the seller first who agreed to send me a refund, once he had received the programme back, it was only then I realised that he had deducted all the fees. He then didnt answer any of my emails. Now he has re-listed the programme, making sure he has listed the faults.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 pm 
Post subject:

andy s wrote:
Thanks Roughyedz for your reply, but I had contacted the seller first who agreed to send me a refund, once he had received the programme back, it was only then I realised that he had deducted all the fees. He then didnt answer any of my emails. Now he has re-listed the programme, making sure he has listed the faults.

1) he will have had ALL his fees both E-Bay and Paypal refunded if you HAVE raised a dispute , and so he will now have made a tidy profit out of you ....
2)I recomend that you report him to E-Bay and let THEM know that he has deducted money prior to giving you a refund .....The money will then be retuirned to YOU by them . . .

If you have NOT complained or raise a dispute them u will probably get nothing , but yopu should report him / her wether or not as It is agaist E-Bay rules to deduct any expenses out of a FULL REFUND .....
treble99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:23 pm 
Post subject:

And if you have used a recycled envelope and an unfranked stamp you will actually make a profit
Laughing Laughing Laughing
roughyedz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 am 
Post subject:

treble99 wrote:
And if you have used a recycled envelope and an unfranked stamp you will actually make a profit
Laughing Laughing Laughing

No you will not that is a complete LIE ........... lol .... as it has cost you nothing at all ....so you can not possibly have made any money as all you have got back ( or should have got back ) is exactly what you paid. It will have however have cost you a recycled envelope and stamp that you could have just put in your dustbin to be buried in a big hole in the ground to rot ..... as treble99 and everyone else in Bury does No No No No
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:04 am 
Post subject:

Arrange a meet with the guy and kick him in the bollocks.
http://www.51allout.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Kenneth-Williams.jpg
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:42 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Arrange a meet with the guy and kick him in the bollocks.
http://www.51allout.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Kenneth-Williams.jpg

That still is definitely from Carry On Camping Smile
maryyou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:14 pm 
Post subject:

If you'd opened an Fifa 14 Coins Item not as described " dispute with ebay/paypal that's how it would have panned out.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: