Football Programmes Centre

what`s your most treasured autograph
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
what`s your most treasured autograph

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sydenham hill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:01 am 
Post subject: what`s your most treasured autograph

i don`t have many autographs in my collection, mainly because i collect pre first world war memorabilia and auto`s from that period are quite scarce, but my most treasured autograph i have are actually two that i picked up a few years ago, and are of Aston Villa`s Charlie Athersmith and James Crabtree, the players were part of Fred Karno`s stage show at Liverpool`s Olympia in feb 1907, Fred Spiksley was the other player involved, sadly i don`t have his, but what`s your most treasured autograph
holtie96

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:17 am 
Post subject: Autograph

My favourite is a special one, it is a football programme from John Sissons debutbp for west ham against Blackburn rovers. To commemorate the game john got the team to sign his programme and I have it in my possession. The team included Moore and I was fortunate enough to purchase it from a family member who kindly got John who lives in South Africa to provide a letter of provenance. I feel sorry for John as he had his medals etc stolen some years ago in South Africa.
CelticViking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:25 am 
Post subject:

Thats a difficult one to answer as l have over 10,000 authentic autographs. There are certain people who l have, like Nelson Mandela who l greatly admire and have his autograph . I have a Olympic medal winner from the 1936 Olympics which l really like . I suppose it its non sport then l have a signed book from 1865 signed by the the then military secretary in Abraham Lincolns goverment . If its football then l suppose it would have to be Billy Liddell , but l have tons of football and sports autographs old and new
nozer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:00 pm 
Post subject: Autographs.

Has fellow posters of long standing are aware i am a big fan of the late Derek Dougan (Wolves etc) 67 to 75 and have several photographs signed by him ,i used to post these photos of to him quite regulary and he never refused to sign them .

I once posted of a photo to a prem player hoping to have it autographed and framed has a present for my daughters birthday , his "agent" said he would gladly do it at a fee of £60 , neadless to say i told him what to do with that.

None sport , i am also a big fan of The Ozark Mountain Daredevils and have a nice photo signed personaly to me by them that i obtained at a gig at the Empire Pool Wembley early 70s.
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:43 pm 
Post subject:

I'm not bothered about autographs but I have a few programmes with autographs. I have a Wales v Scotland from 1950 but the autographs are all Welsh players.
Sad
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:46 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
I'm not bothered about autographs but I have a few programmes with autographs. I have a Wales v Scotland from 1950 but the autographs are all Welsh players.
Sad

Some folk have all the luck! They could have been Scottish.... Laughing
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:25 am 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Eck wrote:
Sad

Some folk have all the luck! They could have been Scottish.... Laughing

If they were Scottish the programme might be worth something.
Laughing
nozer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:28 am 
Post subject: Autographs.

Just one of the photos that The Doog signed for me, he realy was an autograph hunters dream i neve saw him refuse to sign and would often spend over half an hour outside molineux signing until the last fan was happy.
Unlike the players of today who just scribble something unrecognizable for you .....if your lucky ?.
bjm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:10 am 
Post subject:

I have a fair collection of autographed programmes, guess my favourite is England v Wales. April 1956, signed by John Charles, closely followed by Blackpool v Bolton FAC Final May 1953. Sent programme to Stan Mortensen with a request for his autograph and not onkly did he sign but he also got his team mate Harry Johnston to autograph the programme.
sharot1999

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:54 am 
Post subject: Pele

I have a 3' x 3' black and white canvas of Pele's celebration with Jairzinho, after scoring in the 1970 World Cup Final. It is signed by Pele, and I believe there are only 5 in existence.
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:14 pm 
Post subject:

I have mostly Albion but my favourite and I got personally in LA is Clint Eastwood he was sitting quietly having a Cappo in Starbucks.

I think the rarest autograph would be JESUS CHRIST ..
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: