Football Programmes Centre

Clyde Memorabilia
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Clyde Memorabilia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clyde1878

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:18 pm 
Post subject: Clyde Memorabilia

Hello

I am on the look out for all kinds of Clyde FC memorabilia, particularly "older" memorabilia but generally all kinds of everything.

If anyone has Clyde FC memorabilia that they are willing to sell could they let me know on here or via pm?

Thanks,
Laura
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:18 pm 
Post subject: Clyde player photo

Hi
I have the attached photo of Alex Linwood available - it's an Evening Citizen card, size 5.75x3.5", with sl mks - dates from the early 50's - priced @ £6 and I'll cover postage.
Please let me know if of interest.
Cheers
Pete

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Clyde1878

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:20 pm 
Post subject:

I have that Linwood card, thanks though.
Turvey Tyke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:03 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Laura

A bit of a longshot I'm sure but I have set out to gain a picture of every Barnsley Footballer to have played for the club from 1898 to present date.

From the period 1919 to present I require just two images but prior to WW1 there are a couple with Clyde connections.

John Marshall played BFC 1914-5 and Clyde 1919 to 1922
and
Duncan McGowan BFC 1901 and Clyde Circa 1902

If you can spot any of these on old teamgroups I would be indebted, I'm only after a scanned image rather than the original. Should you require any other images of Barnsley / Clyde players I will gladly send them.

David Wood
Official Historian to Barnsley Football Club
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:18 pm 
Post subject:

David
Who are the 2 you need post 1919?
Pete
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Turvey Tyke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:52 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for your interest Pete. Both of the missing players are from the 1919-20 season.

Robert Thompson.

A few days before going to print on the Who's Who of Barnsley I believed this player to be the same who played Pre with PNE and post with Leeds United. Unfortunately it was not and I found out the player we had was previously an Amateur with Annfield Plain and played represented the Durham FA prior to coming to Oakwell.

John Downing
A local goalkeeper who had a long cricket career with Royston CC after leaving Oakwell. I am in touch with his family but have not secured an image yet.

David
Clyde1878

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:18 pm 
Post subject:

Hi

Have checked the squad pictures I have with no luck. Will ask around and see if any other Clyde fan can help out.

Laura
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: