Football Programmes Centre

To ebay or not to ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
To ebay or not to ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregl2020

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:31 pm 
Post subject: To ebay or not to ebay

Hello all,

I've been doing a fair bit of research on the topic of whether to sell on ebay (in my case more football magazines than programmes) and I'm not sure I'm any the wiser at this juncture.

It does seem to me that ebay can be quite prohibitive in the amount of money they cream off the top of your revenue...but I guess there are advantages to being on ebay too.

I'm in the process of setting up a website on football magazines but will also be selling them.

I would appreciate any advice on whether people think selling them via ebay will be a must.

Thanks in advance.
dangerman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:57 pm 
Post subject:

which football magazines do you have
sellsell39

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:04 pm 
Post subject: 3x Four Four Two Magazines

Hi greg,

I have only 3 remaining Four Four Two Football Magazines, they are issues 123, 124 & 131.

All the others have been sold.

Please let me know if this is something that you are interested in, as I can do a deal with these.

Kind Regards.
gregl2020

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:24 am 
Post subject:

Dangerman: to start with I'm mainly concentrating on magazines from the seventies to the nineties (there were more than enough in that period to keep me busy!) but I intend to go further back as time goes on. There will be around 5000 magazines available to start with (if my maths is any good).

Sellsell: I think I'm OK for nineties mags like FourFourTwo for now but thanks for your message. I'm trying to top up the seventies (and a little of the eighties) at the moment.
martino

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:25 pm 
Post subject: Re: To ebay or not to ebay

gregl2020 wrote:
Hello all,

I've been doing a fair bit of research on the topic of whether to sell on ebay (in my case more football magazines than programmes) and I'm not sure I'm any the wiser at this juncture.

It does seem to me that ebay can be quite prohibitive in the amount of money they cream off the top of your revenue...but I guess there are advantages to being on ebay too.

I'm in the process of setting up a website on football magazines but will also be selling them.

I would appreciate any advice on whether people think selling them via ebay will be a must.

Thanks in advance.

E Bay costs may be regarded as prohibitive but where else can you offer a product to a world-wide market of millions of potential buyers. Try doing that with a new website!
stingray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:21 pm 
Post subject:

If you've got any Shoot! magazines in that lot, I'll willingly take some of them off your hands for you.

When's the website going to be up and running?
MATT RUSH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:29 pm 
Post subject:

stingray wrote:
If you've got any Shoot! magazines in that lot, I'll willingly take some of them off your hands for you.

stingray I have half a dozen Shoots, 2x1969 4x1973
are there any you're particularly after ?
gregl2020

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:23 am 
Post subject:

Stingray: the website will be up and running in November...and, yes, Shoot! will inevitably get a mention here and there!

And thanks to the Ebay advice from others. Still deliberating at this point!
stingray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:58 pm 
Post subject:

MATT RUSH wrote:
stingray wrote:

stingray I have half a dozen Shoots, 2x1969 4x1973
are there any you're particularly after ?

Generally from 77 to 85, but I'm prepared to go back a bit further to about 74/75. Anything before that is a bit before my time Sad
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:09 am 
Post subject:

I'm sure there's a box full of Shoot! in the garage, I'll have a look tonight.....knowing my luck they'll be Match though!!!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: