Football Programmes Centre

David Moyes Gets His Excuses In Early
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
David Moyes Gets His Excuses In Early

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxes1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:24 pm 
Post subject: David Moyes Gets His Excuses In Early

Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:33 pm 
Post subject:

Straight out of the Fergy scrapbook.

Missing him already!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:11 pm 
Post subject:

Nope he's just proving how negative he is ! Thats Moyes in a word NEGATIVE.He brings misery and depression everywhere he goes,he brings players down to his mediorce shite level as a career he had.He aint got a clue,he will screw Utd up fact! its history repeating itself,Its Busby O'Farrell and McGuiness all over again.The circle of sucess is coming to a natural end at Old Trafford and Moyes is the man who will see that scuessfull run ended.Get used to 4/5/1 and an idiot abroad cause he really aint that good FACT.I feel sorry for all the Utd fans i know in Life with him now in charge of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
martino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:20 pm 
Post subject:

efcbluenose wrote:
Nope he's just proving how negative he is ! Thats Moyes in a word NEGATIVE.He brings misery and depression everywhere he goes,he brings players down to his mediorce shite level as a career he had.He aint got a clue,he will screw Utd up fact! its history repeating itself,Its Busby O'Farrell and McGuiness all over again.The circle of sucess is coming to a natural end at Old Trafford and Moyes is the man who will see that scuessfull run ended.Get used to 4/5/1 and an idiot abroad cause he really aint that good FACT.I feel sorry for all the Utd fans i know in Life with him now in charge of them.

A bit harsh. Only time will tell.

If you have the crystal ball can you tell me where Pompey will finish this season?
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

Im entittled to it my friend.I seen damn every single home Everton game he was in charge of.Towards the end from 07 onwards he was NEGATIVITY WITH A CAPITAL N.His list of fuck ups is endless at Goodison in that time.He has 8 of the worst records in our history to his name and while he wanted to stay in premier league he sacrificed atleast 4 possible League Cup final appearances and atleast 2 FA Cup final Appearances for staying in the League.His only achievement is and was he saved us in 2001/02.He lived of that ever since.Add into that the list of players he bought who were good players then he turned them into bad players by playing them out of position and playing tactics that were wrong to them and hence they became less effective then he blamed them! be interesting when he hits a losing run at Utd cause he always sent out his number 2 whenever he lost at Everton,he wont be able do that at Utd.Hes a coward sly devious and differing man they dont call him ''divering davey'' for nothing in the transfer market and his values of players is shocking compared to their proper market value.NO I STAND BY WHAT I SAY.HE KILLED EVERTON AND EVER SINCE HES LEFT ....THE SUN HAS SHINED OVER GOODISON.IM like a kid in a sweet shop who has money to buy the whole shop waiting for our first home game,maybe Martinez will take us down but you know what we atleast gonna have a go and attack sides and talk about how good our own players are instead of how good the opposition is and getting in our excuses if we and when we get beat ala THE GINGER MURK DID and finally Martinez is going to give our young players a go and give them a good go and you'll already seen the benefits of that yesterday with Ross Barkleys outstanding performance yesterday at Norwich.Its amazing what a bit of confidence can do for a player under moyes barkey was sent away onloan to sheff wednesday (no disrespect to wednesday fans in here as i know there is a few of them).Point proven and case closed.I cant wait for his return at Goodison cause im gonna give him hell cause he put me through hell from 2007 onwards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:20 pm 
Post subject:

Joke post.

Also, punctuation marks.
goodison

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:24 pm 
Post subject:

Absolute nonsense above. Everton finished 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th and 6th since 2007 with practicually zero net spend. You may not have agredd with Moyes' methods but they clearly worked for Everton. He nearly always faced the media when Everton lost, his number 2 did a lot after draws/victories but rarely after defeats. If you want to have a go at anyone at Everton over the past few years, blame the chairman/board who have failed to back the manager!
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:32 pm 
Post subject:

goodison wrote:
Absolute nonsense above. Everton finished 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th and 6th since 2007 with practicually zero net spend. You may not have agredd with Moyes' methods but they clearly worked for Everton. He nearly always faced the media when Everton lost, his number 2 did a lot after draws/victories but rarely after defeats. If you want to have a go at anyone at Everton over the past few years, blame the chairman/board who have failed to back the manager!

Bluenose's post was such a joke I really couldn't be arsed to comment further, but seeing another toffee I will.

I grew up with Everton supporting mates, you were nicknamed the bank of England because you could buy who you wanted at any cost. When the really big prem money came in it was ill spent, and to a degree has been since. The difference is though, your chairman and board are so passionate about the club that they cant see the harm they have been doing these past few years by giving Moyes hardly any money, he has done superbly well buying shrewd transfers who on the surface looked like they would add nothing. Scottish players mainly who, lets face it, would struggle to get in some lower prem teams, yet week in week out contribute to getting Everton within touching distance of European places season in, season out.

Your post comes across as very bitter, but I cant imagine why any Everton fan would be. He did EVERYTHING he could and more at Everton, he was the natural successor to Fergie for at least 5 years, and he left you with a better squad than you have had for a while, for ateam that nobody could possibly say no to.

On top of that, your new manager will one day manage the best team the world has ever witnessed, Barcelona, so you must be on to a good thing there too.
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:52 pm 
Post subject:

First up are you a English School Teacher Pablo? if you not then i suggest you dont critiscise people publicly over their posts.If you are then i accept your critiscism if you then just fuck off with your pathetic put down to me.Now lets take this on,I went the matches,did regularly did any of you two go? if you go regularly you're entittled to your opinion and that is mine and its shared by a hell of a lot of fellow blues.Notice Evertons attendances dropping down the last 4/5 seasons at Goodison? people just got so sick of what they were going to get the only way they could protest was to stay away from the match.Kenwright should be blamed? maybe,but to say he never had money to spend is wrong.Beattie Johnson Yakubu Kroldrup Naismith Fellaini and more examples to give you.Dont mention taking on a 3rd Goalkeeper when he didnt need one to hammer the wage bill even more but hey he had no moey didnt he.I accept the point Kenwright could have done more but to give money to him when he proved himself to be wrong with his choices of players and time proved that fact cause most of those he bought for big money left for little profit as failures.
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:55 pm 
Post subject:

We will agree to dissagree on this one.
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:56 pm 
Post subject:

efcbluenose wrote:

Sure, debate is good. Tell me something though, are you bitter that he left for Utd?
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:59 pm 
Post subject:

efcbluenose wrote:
First up are you a English School Teacher Pablo? if you not then i suggest you dont critiscise people publicly over their posts.If you are then i accept your critiscism if you then just fuck off with your pathetic put down to me.Now lets take this on,I went the matches,did regularly did any of you two go? if you go regularly you're entittled to your opinion and that is mine and its shared by a hell of a lot of fellow blues.Notice Evertons attendances dropping down the last 4/5 seasons at Goodison? people just got so sick of what they were going to get the only way they could protest was to stay away from the match.Kenwright should be blamed? maybe,but to say he never had money to spend is wrong.Beattie Johnson Yakubu Kroldrup Naismith Fellaini and more examples to give you.Dont mention taking on a 3rd Goalkeeper when he didnt need one to hammer the wage bill even more but hey he had no moey didnt he.I accept the point Kenwright could have done more but to give money to him when he proved himself to be wrong with his choices of players and time proved that fact cause most of those he bought for big money left for little profit as failures.

No, I'm not an English teacher. I only meant that the wall of text you posted was a bit difficult to read, no offence meant!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 pm 
Post subject:

efcbluenose wrote:

just an interested bystander here, but you blasted Pablo but never commented on this OTHER post from goodison :

"absolute nonsense above. Everton finished 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th and 6th since 2007 with practicually zero net spend. You may not have agredd with Moyes' methods but they clearly worked for Everton. He nearly always faced the media when Everton lost, his number 2 did a lot after draws/victories but rarely after defeats. If you want to have a go at anyone at Everton over the past few years, blame the chairman/board who have failed to back the manager!

interested to hear any other Everton viewpoints that will side with either camp or some deeper explanation as you do not in the top flight of football keep your job for 11 years if you aint any good for sure furthermore SAF is considered the greatest club manager worldwide for his longevity and winning ways and do you think that he would allow someone with the total opposite view to destroy all his hard work within a couple of seasons?. He played that Portugese loudmouth at his own game who now is doing his utmost to de-stabilse MUFC's season as from "he's the one that I want ooh ooh ooh-to now bollocks if you aint coming i am off for Bob the Pole dancer!" that shows you what a two faced self centred toad he really is but i digress back to the devil in carnate, wee Davie-anyone else would like to add anything else in his defence or otherwise?.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
goodison

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:19 pm 
Post subject:

I didn't say he had no money to spend, I said his net spend was 0 - in other words he had to sell to buy. Yakubu was good until he snapped his achilles - don't think you can blame Moyes for that, Johnson was sold for more than we paid. We'll make money on Fellaini if he's sold, Beattie was one that didn't work out, it happens, he's didn't do much after he left. Naismith was signed on a free, so that's not a good one to add to a list saying he had money to spend! Kroldrup was a bit of a weird one, he never got a chance to prove himself. The list of good signings far outways the bad, his record is better than most. A lot of people I know stopped going because they didn't want to give another penny to Kenwright, nothing to do with Moyes, Everton played some of their best football in the past 20 years over the past couple of seasons, only blinkered fans would say otherwise.
martino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:34 pm 
Post subject:

Two general observations - not Everton specific.

If any supporter is so disenchanted with "their" Club for several seasons, why do they still go every week and put money into the hands of the owners who they probably feel are the root of the problem?

When the season starts how will a Club measure success?
For one Club it is winning the Premiership, for others a place in the Champions League or Europa Cup or a Cup win. For others it is mere survival and avoiding relegation.

There are only a few trophies to win but so many supporters seem to expect that "their" Club are entitled to win something.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:53 pm 
Post subject:

There are good and bad points to make about Moyes. He's just shown his dithering side in the transfer market - a carbon copy of his last day antics and reluctance to take a chance - the same cautious approach that denied all but the very best of Everton's youth output a chance in the first team - examine his "much vaunted youth programme" and you'll see that the only home grown players given any sort of chance in the first team (i.e 10 or more starts) were:

Osman and Hibbert (not developed in his time)
Rooney (of course)
Rodwell
Anichebe

Spot any link - Hibbert debuted pre-Moyes - the rest are international level footballers (albeit a very one in the case of Osman) and include the prodigious Rooney. Barkley was practically cast into the deep after 2 shocking errors in a semi-defensive role at Blackburn in early 11-12 (ffs the lad was only 17 and just back from a serious injury). Martinez has given the lad a chance and he's taken it with both hands.

His tactics - whilst they got excellent results at home (and particularly against teams below Everton in the league home and away) were cautious. It's ok-ish and the record against some better sides is indeed excellent (City, Chelsea and Spurs at home) - but not so much against most top sides away - though it is true we do force those sides (particularly by our home result against them) to give us extra respect and put their best XIs out against us hence a slightly skewed negative in the results column.

The Fellaini and Baines drama - sorry I just don't buy into this pursuit of these two players - nor the methods used. I realise he hasn't had his feet under the table very long but the worst message to send to a title winning team is that you value 2 (albeit very good players) as much as those who brought the title to Old Trafford. That's my take on it - I think Fellaini is a very good player who will need to give it 100% all the time (and he didn't always do that for Everton). If he had brought in 2 or 3 other top signings then Fellaini would be a more acceptable part of the deal. As it is Moyes has gone for his 4th or 5th choice (and maybe there's a good reason why others (including Baines) turned him down. One might be the tactics at Everton which, time and time again, tended to destroy the confidence of strikers who arrived with good reputations but were forced to subjugate that strikers instinct for the role of working hard for the team. Beattie (limited though he was), Johnson, Yakubu (after recovering from a serious injury) and then Jelavic all seemed to wilt under the pressure of expecting both hard work and the end product from the minimal number of chances offered to them. Small wonder Everton's midfield and defence contribute a high proportion of our goals under Moyes...

I've said too much already - I'd say he'll manage OK at United but is OK enough? 2-3 years and we'll see if they give him the chance to build a legacy - otherwise he may become another Wenger - get into the CL and that's about it..

Just to answer Bluenose's comments I would say this - I have been pretty content with the past 11 seasons and the football has been ok most of the time (Everton certainly never got the press they deserved at times). To be fair, having watched Everton since the end of their greatest period (the 1960s where, for the benefit of any doubt we secured MORE POINTS IN DIVISION ONE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM) - to the present day. I have not had that continuous feeling of security in our tenure in the top division (save for the period between 1984-1989 or so) and ability to challenge for major honours has never been a given for Everton, bar, as I say for those years in the 60s and the late 80s). Too many years in the lower wilderness punctuated with an occasionally very good season. So it is fair to say that Moyes gave Everton the stability - and the results - to build and look down on most of the rest of the division (with some notable half-seasons worth of exceptions). That's not great but it's as much as we could ask for given the circumstances we find the club to be in these past 10 years. I'd give him 7 and a half, maybe 8 out of 10. He'll need to get to 9 plus to do as well for United.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:44 pm 
Post subject:

Speaking as an outsider here, but am I correct in saying that Moyes had a 6-week break between leaving Everton & starting at Old Trafford?

If that's right, isn't it a little odd that anyone making such a huge career move would choose to delay his start till the new season was almost upon him?
goodison

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:11 pm 
Post subject:

It's sort of correct that he had a 6 week break, his Everton contract ran until the 30th June, so he had to wait until that was up before he could start at Man Utd, wasn't a choice as such.
foxes1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:05 pm 
Post subject:

Well it took him 11 seasons but David Moyes has finally got Everton to above Manchester United in the table.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: