Football Programmes Centre

Centenary Programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Centenary Programmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArabJames

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:21 am 
Post subject: Centenary Programmes

My team Dundee United are just kicking off our centenary season with the club planning lots of things you would expect, books, dvd's, flags, scarves and special strips etc. However for our centenary match against Newcastle yesterday as a programme collector I was quite disappointed.

I was looking on a dealers list last Wednesday who had on his current season list "09/10 Dundee United v Newcastle £7.50". This got me believing that the club had produced a special edition programme to mark the occasion which would maybe cost around £5 going by what the dealer is looking for. The normal cost of the United programme is £2.50. The last two years the club have hosted Barcelona in pre-season and really good programmes were produced.

How disappointed was I to turn up at the ground yesterday to find the standard programme at £2.50 in the exact same design and format as last season. There was an article lasting 2 pages on the clubs beginnings and that was it.

To me the club have missed out as perhaps those who don't normally purchase a programme may have chosen to if it was an edition worthy of marking such an important occasion. Am I wrong? To perhaps be fair to the programme editor he has just finished writing a book on the clubs history so that's at least something to look forward to!

To make up for yesterday slightly the fans group have produced a poster which is going up around Dundee city centre which I bought for £4. The club began as Dundee Hibernian FC and played their first match against Edinburgh Hibs in August 1909 and the poster includes details of the match such as the referee, prices to get in and even down to the first goalscorer in the match receiving a bike courtesy of the clubs founder!

Click the link to see the poster: http://www.arabtrust.co.uk/news/current/?274-centenary-poster
paulo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 am 
Post subject:

Norwich's centenary programme is possibly the best that I own. We played Ajax and almost the whole A4 programme reads like a book detailing our first 100 years history.

If people collect this sort of thing Norwich's is well worth getting and often goes on ebay for £2.

Other items I picked up were badges, a dvd, a scarf and a signed framed shirt with the 100 year badge on it.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:44 pm 
Post subject: 100

Auchinleck Talbot play Kilmarnock on Sunday, August 16th. The most famous non league club in Scotland are also the most successful in terms of major trophies won in the Junior game (Junior in name only, because it's not affiliated to the senior game) and there should be a special programme to commemorate the event. If anybody wants one, get in touch well before the game.
There are also a few Centenary brochures left at £10 cover price, plus postage. Again, please contact for details.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: