Football Programmes Centre

Topps Premier Gold 2013-14
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Topps Premier Gold 2013-14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corneli_blue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:20 am 
Post subject: Topps Premier Gold 2013-14

A high end product, really collector cards, not trading card games, with Autographs, jersey meorabilia, coloured parallel versions, printing plates, etc.

More information:

http://cartophilic-info-exch.b.....-gold.html

Partial checklist:

http://cartophilic-info-exch.b.....old-2.html

Alan
Liddlepool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:48 am 
Post subject:

I understand that these will retail for approx $200 per box of packs - high end retail most definitely.
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:31 pm 
Post subject:

Will be buying up the Palace ones as singles - won't be buying packets as I don't want cards for the other 19 teams

Can't see myself getting any of the mega rare ones like the jersey cards or autographed ones as they'll go for crazy money

They are proper cards though, not like the stickers (out tomorrow) or even Match Attax - these are real quality cards

Not long til the Dec 27 release date though
corneli_blue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:28 am 
Post subject:

Here's an almost complete checklist, just missing 3 autographed sub-sets:

http://cartophilic-info-exch.b.....old-5.html

I make that 144 Cardiff City cards so far, with all the variations. I'm taking part in a case break so I'll get about 15 cards that way - mostly regular base cards and perhaps a couple of autographed cards.
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:35 pm 
Post subject:

Struggling to make sense of it - as I read it, every card has numerous subtle variations available and some of the card variations are literally five or even ONE worldwide???

Seems barmy to hunt for signed one offs when I can get any Palace player to sign anything in the car park before any home game - its not like our players are Van Persie or Rooney!!! I've got loads of match worn Palace shirts, seems a shame that a match worn shirt has been chopped up to make fragments ('jersey relics') for trading cards.

It's also not clear if these are readily available in the UK or import from the US only

Despite all this though, I'm a bit of a completeist and I want them!!!!

I've been offered a spot in a 'case break' - from what I can tell (ie from what people are saying) its a cost effective good deal, but to be honest don't really get it, as I don't really have any idea of likely prices per card

Any info or advice appreciated
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:52 am 
Post subject:

Ho hum, have taken over a 'spot' on this case break. Will be interesting to see what it actually means in real terms!! Very strange.
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:38 pm 
Post subject:

Righto, I think I've got it!

Each packet contains 5 cards. There are 10 packets in a box. And there are 6 boxes in a case.

So the 'case break' group have effectively obtained 300 cards.

Give or take the odd Pele or Ronaldo, that means by the law of averages 15 cards per club (20 clubs in the EPL)

So each 'spot' (ie club) (sorry I'm new to this terminology) is likely to get approx 15 cards for their club.

In each BOX, there are 10 'hits' (!) - 5 autographed ones and 5 'memorabilia cards' AKA 'Jersey cards' - cards with a fragment of a players shirt on them.

The cards are only being distributed in the US and Canada (despite being all about the UK Premier League!) because of licensing issues hence the import.

As much as I love Crystal Palace, I really cannot see anyone other than collectors and dealers buying these because of the huge cost per pack. And I cannot see anyone other than huge Palace card collectors (ie me and ummmm, that's about it!) wanting to hold onto Palace cards. They'd surely just sell them on ebay, probably to me.

If I was in the USA and bought a pack and got a bit of Yannick Bolasie's shirt, I'd sell it on ebay for £15, not hold onto it!! The players shirts at Palace are indentical to what you can buy from our club shop - they'll never be 'relics'!!

Seeing as our stays in the Prem are a 1 year long, once every 8 years experience, I'll definitely be up for trying to do this though.

It did strike me, that if you are good at maths, you could work out from the quantities of the rarest cards, and the frequency that are supposed to appear just how many packs, and ultimately how many cards have been produced!

Finally, to the Cardiff collector - I don't think there are really 9 versions of each 'base' card - 4 of those are 'printing plates. Why they think anyone would want to own the printing plates I don't know, but I guess as they are literally 1 offs I guess they are nice and unique memorabilia. The chances of getting more than one or two of these though must be minute as someone in the US might just get it and never sell it.
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:29 pm 
Post subject:

This is my understanding of the Palace ones:-

Base set (ie straightforward numbered cards)

21. Julian Speroni (Crystal Palace)
22. Danny Gabbidon (Crystal Palace)
23. Mile Jedinak (Crystal Palace)
24. Yannick Bolasie (Crystal Palace)
25. Joel Ward (Crystal Palace)
121. Jason Puncheon (Crystal Palace)
122. Kagisho Dikagoi (Crystal Palace)
123. Marouane Chamakh (Crystal Palace)
124. Kevin Phillips (Crystal Palace)
125. Dwight Gayle (Crystal Palace)

also in Green (99 exist), Orange (11 exist), Platinum (1 exists), Premiere Gold (1 exists) and the 4 printing plates (!) for each card

Quad Autograph Book Cards

QA-AT. Scott Sinclair (Manchester City, on loan at West Bromwich Albion) & Yannick Bolasie (Crystal Palace) & Aleksandar Tonev (Aston Villa) & Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)

In other words a card signed by all four of the above players - from what I can tell only FIVE of these exists (WTF!!) Added hassle that collectors from all 4 clubs will want this (£££!!!)

FUTURE STARS

FS-DG. Dwight Gayle (Crystal Palace)

also in Green (99 exist), Orange (11 exist), Platinum (1 exists), Premiere Gold (1 exists) and the printing plates

There are also likely to be Future Stars autographed cards (not sure??) (might be easier to just get mine signed myself which is no hassle rather than finding it!!)

Hot Shots

HS-MC. Marouane Chamakh (Crystal Palace)

also in Green (99 exist), Orange (11 exist), Platinum (1 exists), Premiere Gold (1 exists) (and printing plates?)

Midfield Maestros

MM-YB. Yannick Bolasie (Crystal Palace)

also in Green (99 exists), Orange (11 exists), Platinum (1 exists), Premiere Gold (1 exists),

Jersey Relics (bit of a match worn shirt!! WTF!!)

JR-YB. Yannick Bolasie (Crystal Palace)

also in Orange (11 exist), Gold (5 exist), Platinum (1 exists)

Autographed Relics (same as above but also autographed)

PAR-YB. Yannick Bolasie (Crystal Palace)

also in Orange (11 exist), Gold (5 exist), Platinum (1 exist)

Quad Relics (so rare I've surely got no chance!!)

QA-AT. Scott Sinclair (Manchester City, on loan at West Bromwich Albion) & Yannick Bolasie (Crystal Palace) & Jordan Henderson (Liverpool) & Aleksandar Tonev (Aston Villa)

Shot stoppers

SS-JS. Julian Speroni (Crystal Palace)

also in Green (99 exist), Orange (11 exist), Platinum (1 exist), Premiere Gold (1 exist),

Star Players Autographs

SP-YB. Yannick Bolasie (Crystal Palace)

also in Gold (50), Orange (25), Platinum (1),

Tough Tacklers

TT-DG. Danny Gabbidon (Crystal Palace)

also in Green (99), Orange (11), Platinum (1), Premiere Gold (1),

I'd be most interested to see if the autographed ones are any duifferent to the normal ones, - I suspect there'll be an autograpoh space??
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:31 pm 
Post subject:

Alan is correct in his breakdown of cards, each base card will have different versions as well as the actual base card which are serial numbered:

PARALLEL CARDS:
Green (#/99), Orange (#/11), Platinum (1/1), Premiere Gold (1/1),
Printing Plates - Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow (1/1)

so nine versions of the base card and varying numbers of versions for the other cards. Its a typical Topps release in the US based on the Baseball and other sports collections they release. These cards are not really aimed at the UK market and will be highly sought after in the Asian region as they are more into collecting cards than here in the UK which is why more is aimed at the younger markets with the Match Attax and Adrenalyn games.

The cards could be here anytime as they are coming from the US and not printed here in the UK.
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:58 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for that - useful stuff.

There is no way kids will buy these at about £20 a pack or thereabouts- they'll stick to Match Attax.

I've heard 3rd Jan as a release date.

Ironically one of the Palace subjects, Kevin Phillips has just announced today he is hanging up his boots in January!

I had a look on (American) ebay.com for Topps Printing plates to actually understand what they meant and now I get it - a card printed in only one of the colours!

It kind of makes sense now!

The cards are too expensive for young kids to buy. And few adults are crazy enough to buy hundreds and hundreds of pounds of PACKETS just to complete a team and get the rare ones.

So Topps stick some super rare ones in (ie produced in tiny quantities worldwide). Dealers crack open cases and cases of cards to sell off the specific cards people want. But to compensate for all the cards sitting with dealers as stock (particularly the less popular teams) the super rare ones can be sold/auctioned for decent money, which means the whole system works.

Last edited by Dorking on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like release has been put back to January but not confirmed yet, in fact Topps have not really confirmed anything about the collection. Original date was 18th December, then 27th and suppliers were expecting them end of this week which doesn't look to be happening now but they could still turn up anytime over the Christmas period, who knows !!!!

Then there's the decision they made on changing what they were going to release, at first it was the Premium price pack and a cheaper version with one auto/memorabilia card per box but they dropped that and then there's the chance the price might rise to £25 a pack which has still not been confirmed either, the reason given was that Topps would not make enough money at £20 per pack so until it gets here and I have them ready to open then even if they cancel it I wouldn't be surprised.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:48 pm 
Post subject:

I had a look to see what a 'Quad autograph book' card might look like (not having a clue)

I found some other US sports versions - WOW

Simply brilliant - another level altogether!

Storing it in perfect condition would be interesting (but would be a nice 'problem' to have!!)
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:48 pm 
Post subject:

These cards have just started to hit ebay now
Managed to get a Bolasie jersey patch card as a Buy it now

got quite a few snipes set up as well for other cards

loads of autos and patches have made it to ebay as well as rare parallels and printing plates

must say I prefer Buy it nows to auctions as I really don't know what to bid

didn't think many Americans would want Crystal Palace cards compared to the 'big' clubs players and would bung them on ebay

I imagine I'll spend more on postage and shipping than cards by the end of this!!

I'm not an ebay expert despite 500+ purchases, I'm having to check ebay.com as well as ebay.co.uk!!
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:01 am 
Post subject:

I came across this thread given I have started to make a Hull City card collection. I'm making good progress through the season and have come to the 2013/14 Topps Premier Gold set.

Has anyone any cards involving Hull City, either from this set of other Topps Premier Gold sets that they have for sell. These can incude either the base cards (although I expect I now have most of those) or the coloured paralell versions.

Thanks,
M
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: