Football Programmes Centre

sportingold auction 15.12.08
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
sportingold auction 15.12.08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:01 pm 
Post subject: sportingold auction 15.12.08

Spent a slightly surreal afternoon listening and bidding online at the above named auction. Natural breaks taken when programmes of no interest on. I was amazed at what was selling well, and what wasn't - the amazing items were single sheet games played at White Hrat Lane in the 40's to the mid 50's, some of which had £25-30 minimum bids, and went for £300 plus! Most items went for less than the advised minimum bid, some quite spectacurlarly so, and it would appear that big match programmes have probably had their day, bar the genuine rarities, prices were at probably 30-40% leass than this time last year. Three Scottish Cup Final programmes from 48,49 and 50 went for a total of £270, they would easily have fetched £450 18 months ago.
Non league from 40's and 50's went well as did 1950's non league in the FACup proper.
It's dead easy to bid online, and it saved me a 700 mile round trip to boot, plus travel and overnight expenses. Will definitely do so again.
It's difficult not to spend more, especially when you see lots going cheap. I also had a strict non alcohol rule for the duration (well, up until 5pm anyway) would hate to have seen what bank balance would be like with a bottle or two of merlot inside me. Eventually spent £146 plus 15% hammer price (you actually pay 2.5% for bidding in this manner, but what it saved more than made up for it) and got 6 nice lots. Never once went over my limit, and lost perhaps thirty odd lots, but as I said, it would be easy tog et VERY carried away.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: