Football Programmes Centre

Glasgow Cup 1888 early records
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Glasgow Cup 1888 early records

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:07 pm 
Post subject: Glasgow Cup 1888 early records

Can any Rangers historian help me regarding a silver medal I obtained about 10 years ago.

The medal is identical to the gold medal played for between Cowlairs and Celtic in the Glasgow Exhibition cup final 1888. Apparently this competition ran from 1 Aug till 6 Sept, but the medal I have is dated 6 Oct and inscribed 'City & Counties'. Rangers played Pollokshields in the 2nd round of the Glasgow cup on this date and on the same day there were a further 5 games played in the same competition, but I have no idea where any of the games where played.

I've gone as far as I can regarding this and if any Rangers/Scottish historian has any further info on the early years of the Glasgow cup regarding venues I would be grateful.

regards, Mark
Eck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

email this guy, he knows a lot about Rangers and has an 80% Rangers programme collection since the war.

Site
http://derek-drennan.co.uk/Football/Programmes.html
email
[email protected]

There is also a Rangers memorabilia page on ebay.

The only person I know that may be able to help you on this forum is kpswannie
mark01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:33 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for that eck.

regards, Mark
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: