Football Programmes Centre

Royal Mail price increases and compensation levels
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Royal Mail price increases and compensation levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colchestersid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:27 am 
Post subject: Royal Mail price increases and compensation levels

Royal Mail prices went up yesterday, around 8% by the looks of things

Also worth remembering that paying extra for Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For is now utterly pointless - compensation level is only £20 (same as 1st Class with proof of posting) and most of the time they don't bother with a signature anyway
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:32 am 
Post subject:

Totally agree with that Sid.

Last week I posted one pack by special delivery to Liverpool, one by 1st class to Bristol, both arrived the next day.

I also posted one by 1st class, one by 2nd class on the same day - they also both arrived the next day.

I think I got very lucky on both days.

As regards incoming..... I now seem to get one delivery every 3 days. So far I've had nothing since Wednesday - ie nothing Thursday, Saturday or yesterday Tuesday. I'll probably get an armful today, though Wednesday is my usual postie's regular day off. So that may happen tomorrow.

When I started my website in 2006, in the week commencing 10th April I sent 7 orders and that cost me £5.70 total. Now that would be north of £15.

Increases like this are a deterrent to anyone placing an order for one or two photos only. Sometimes, postage costs more than one photo.

Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:28 am 
Post subject: Royal Mail price increases and compensation levels

I think its disgusting how Royal Mail are allowed to keep putting prices up so regularly.

The hike a few months ago saw some services increase by around 35% which is a joke in times where small businesses are fighting to survive.

The increase this week is minimal by comparison, but still ANOTHER increase none the less.

I now use Parcels 2 Go for anything that I previously used to send using a signed for service as it usually works out around £1 cheaper a go.

For example, yesterday I sent an autographed programme by courier with £20 protection for £2.82. If it had gone with Royal Mail with £20 protection it would have cost £3.90.

On average, I probably do that 15-20 times a week and a saving of £20 a week isn't to be sniffed at and will end up saving around a grand a year at that rate.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:15 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately, like everything else in this country, we are getting taken to the cleaners and nobody is doing anything about it.

Councils gambling away their finances and then blaming everyone else.
The state of the highways.
Utility companies digging holes all over the place to justify their budgets and doing sod all.
Energy companies lining their pockets.
The Post Office still don't want to pay out, some of them should be in jail by now.

and then there's the premier League................say no more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
martino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:20 pm 
Post subject:

For letters and large letters I have switched to the Royal Mail online service.

Discounted price. Enter details, print off the label and stick it on. They will come and collect it for nothing more - so saves on my petrol. Or you can bung it in a post box or drop them off at the post office if you want a receipt for it.

For parcels I used to use Parcel2Go but I now do it direct with Evri. I have had no problems with them. Tracked, next day delivery, if required.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: