Football Programmes Centre

World Cup Finals 1954
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
World Cup Finals 1954

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterGas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 pm 
Post subject: World Cup Finals 1954

Hi All.

Trying to do a little research into 54 Finals Tickets.

All i seem to have found out is there were several types of tickets for the games.

1. A paper STANDING ticket.
2. An INVITATION CARD....Modern day Complimentary?
3. A SEAT CARD.

Can anyone correct the above or add more info.

Many thanx.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:32 pm 
Post subject: 54 W.Cup

Your best bet might be to contact the Swiss F.A.

Have never physically seen tickets from this tournament, and the programmes always sell very well. Most Swiss folk speak, and write, extremely good English so it might pay you to try them out. Would advise to be very polite, and to advise that the reason you're doing it is for research purposes.

It's always a long shot doing something like this, but....you never know if some very disciplined secretary (now I'm starting to get excited) might reply saying that "these were found in an old cupboard, hope they help with your research"

BTW, if it works, I want a commission!!

Let me know if you think it's viable, otherwise I might just do it myself...
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:32 pm 
Post subject:

I have a few tickets for the 1954 World Cup, they are all generally the same colour either a pinky/red or yellowy/orange, the proper tickets used at the match should have written along the top:
CHAMPIONNAT DU MONDE 1954
COUPE JULES RIMET
Then match details underneath (eg 1/8 Final),
with the date underneather the match details
and the seat number & block number at the bottom, there is usually a pink strip of blocks running through the middle of them on the yellowy coloured tickets, the one's i have are for the Final & the Germany-Uruguay 1/8th Final (8-3 score) match, they measure around 5" x 2 1/2"
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: