Football Programmes Centre

Peter Shilton kit advice
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Peter Shilton kit advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerwood

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:03 am 
Post subject: Peter Shilton kit advice

I own a match worn shirt and shorts from the 1982 World Cup. The person who sold them to me thought they belonged to Joe Corrigan but subsequent research shows they were actually worn by England's most capped player Peter Shilton in the England v France game (the one where Bryan Robson scores in 27 seconds).

I was thinking of either framing it and keeping it for myself or finding a good valuation for it and selling it on. What do you guys recommend and should I try and get it signed by the great man as someone told me this actually might devalue it? Here is a couple of pictures. thanks for any advice.

retrokits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:29 pm 
Post subject: Shilton shirt

Hi

If you were to sell the items how much would you want for them? Have you got any certificate of authenticity?

Kind regards

Retrokits
stevecpfc1966

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:34 pm 
Post subject: Re: Peter Shilton kit advice

jerwood wrote:
I own a match worn shirt and shorts from the 1982 World Cup. The person who sold them to me thought they belonged to Joe Corrigan but subsequent research shows they were actually worn by England's most capped player Peter Shilton in the England v France game (the one where Bryan Robson scores in 27 seconds).

I was thinking of either framing it and keeping it for myself or finding a good valuation for it and selling it on. What do you guys recommend and should I try and get it signed by the great man as someone told me this actually might devalue it? Here is a couple of pictures. thanks for any advice.

I don't think you will find they are match worn shorts.
I am positive all players in World Cup Finals had to have shorts numbered as well as shirts.
The picture in this link bears this out
http://www.mirror-photos.co.uk.....63768.html
ASR013

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:27 pm 
Post subject: Re: Peter Shilton kit advice

Hi
I have just seen the picture of the Peter Shilton 1982 shirt are you please accpeting an offer for it ?
Thank you very much in advance
Best regards
Yann

jerwood wrote:

Richard Becheley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:37 pm 
Post subject:

Hi can you contact me on [email protected] as id like to make an offer
se20blue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:57 pm 
Post subject:

Did you realise that the original OP was over seven years ago ?
NWM Football

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:59 pm 
Post subject:

What I'd like to know is what happened to that style of England goalkeeper shirt from with a No. 9 on it !

According to "And The First Voice You Will Hear Is....", the late Ted Croker's autobiography, there was a bit of a goalkeeping crisis during the 1982 World Cup. Ray Clemence (who would have worn 1 had he played) had a heavy season with Tottenham and was carrying a back injury, while Joe Corrigan (13) went back to Manchester at one point to have a knee injury checked out, as it thought he might need surgery.

Despite trying (unsuccessfully) to locate Gary Bailey, FIFA advised England that they couldn't call up another goalkeeper. As he had covered in goal on three occasions for Spurs, the F.A. got Admiral to rush out an England Goalkeeper's shirt with a No. 9 on it, just in case Glenn Hoddle was needed as a back-up goalkeeper !!! I saw Glenn at one of these Legends Nights about a year ago, and asked him about it in the Q&A - he was absolutely gobsmacked, he'd not been told he might be needed as a stand-by goalkeeper. I took Ted's book with me, and as you can imagine, he was astounded to read the story.

The knocks to Clemence & Corrigan cleared up, so they were able to resume their roles as No. 2/No 3 goalkeepers. And no, Glenn had no idea what happened to what would have been his goalkeeper's shirt.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: