Football Programmes Centre

Hearts 1 Hibs 2
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hearts 1 Hibs 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:32 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Rangers biggest danger of not winning the league is from their own fans, stubborn people who hold on to grudges no matter how justified,boycotting away matches gives a massive advantage to Hibs and Hearts, as if these games aren't hard enough,handicapping the recruitment of players through not buying season tickets.This will be an exciting league,may the best team win it and may it be an exciting race for the play offs between Hibs & Hearts.

I think Rangers biggest danger of not winning the league is the other nine teams combined with their own arrogance. The Championship is a whole different ball game to the part-time League One and Two, is McCoist upto it I wonder....
seand

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:07 pm 
Post subject:

That was a pretty astounding bottle by Hibs to round off a disastrous season. The decision to dump Fenlon backfired spectacularly.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:17 pm 
Post subject:

seand wrote:
That was a pretty astounding bottle by Hibs to round off a disastrous season. The decision to dump Fenlon backfired spectacularly.

As was the decision to appoint Butcher and Malpas. I wonder if they really will stick with them.
Eck

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:31 pm 
Post subject:

[quote="Tynie Topics"]
Eck wrote:

I think Rangers biggest danger of not winning the league is the other nine teams combined with their own arrogance. The Championship is a whole different ball game to the part-time League One and Two, is McCoist upto it I wonder....

I think you are underestimating Rangers. They beat Falkirk away and Motherwell at Ibrox with mostly a youth squad. Last season, the football wasn't great either but people said we would find it a lot harder which turned out not to be true. Rangers might lose the odd one or two but over the season, Rangers won't drop nearly as many points as Hibs and Hearts on the road. Hibs squad has been decimated the day after relegation,Rangers will continue to strengthen and you maybe have had to much on your own plate to see Rangers getting stronger and will continue to do so.

Edit,I don't know where you got it that arrogance among clubs and players will cause them problems.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:02 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
I think you are underestimating Rangers. They beat Falkirk away and Motherwell at Ibrox with mostly a youth squad. Last season, the football wasn't great either but people said we would find it a lot harder which turned out not to be true. Rangers might lose the odd one or two but over the season, Rangers won't drop nearly as many points as Hibs and Hearts on the road. Hibs squad has been decimated the day after relegation,Rangers will continue to strengthen and you maybe have had to much on your own plate to see Rangers getting stronger and will continue to do so.

Edit,I don't know where you got it that arrogance among clubs and players will cause them problems.

The arrogance (or over confidence) is in your post Razz

As you found out when playing Raith Rovers, it's not going to be all plain sailing when you're going to these venues on league business.

Rangers will be favourites no question, but as I said earlier it wont be a stroll in the park for anyone in that league, particularly as Rangers are just as skint as anyone else and riven with internal fighting as you pointed out.
Eck

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:51 pm 
Post subject:

It isn't arrogance,that isn't part of my character,nor is it over confidence, it's the way I see things. The hard hearted way the Rangers fans feel towards the other top sides is because of the sheer vindictiveness of other fans. There are businessmen who caused, and are still still causing the problems and the sheer hatred that has came from other fans is unwarranted.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:00 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
It isn't arrogance,that isn't part of my character,nor is it over confidence, it's the way I see things. The hard hearted way the Rangers fans feel towards the other top sides is because of the sheer vindictiveness of other fans. There are businessmen who caused, and are still still causing the problems and the sheer hatred that has came from other fans is unwarranted.

Sorry Eck not following you, are you saying other clubs fans are partially responsible for the predicament your club currently find themselves in?

Forgive me but the gloating that all the other fans outwith the OF have had to endure since year dot is perhaps the reason why everyone laughed at Rangers downfall.

The same goes for my own club, we have nobody else to blame but ourselves, nobody else, and if fans have a go at us for what has happened then fair enough. We gave it out whilst winning a couple of Scottish Cups and running up debt, now we have to suck it up. We're not pointing fingers which many associated with Rangers seem keen to do, boycotts, threats ettc.

Apologies if I got the jist of your post wrong.
Eck

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:47 pm 
Post subject:

Please point out the place in my post where I blamed anyone but the suits at Rangers for our predicament. I'm talking about the abuse from other supporters,i'm not talking about banter,i'm talking about nasty stuff peppered with a lot of lies.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:55 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Please point out the place in my post where I blamed anyone but the suits at Rangers for our predicament. I'm talking about the abuse from other supporters,i'm not talking about banter,i'm talking about nasty stuff peppered with a lot of lies.

Read the last line of my post, I was not sure what you were getting at.

That said, many Rangers fans DO blame other clubs for some bizarre reason eg the "boycott" of Dundee United, in fact even Hearts were on the list at one point. (maybe we still are).

"Nasty stuff peppered with lots of lies", well, that's fitba, we've just endured a year of it!
Eck

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:03 pm 
Post subject:

I mentioned my opposition to any boycott on Rangers media and there were a few hard liners that said they wouldn't go to away games but the general feeling is that it will be ignored,Rangers fans in general are getting really fed up with the rebel fan groups who claim to speak for us,they are even being called "worse than Celtic fans" now.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:13 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
I mentioned my opposition to any boycott on Rangers media and there were a few hard liners that said they wouldn't go to away games but the general feeling is that it will be ignored,Rangers fans in general are getting really fed up with the rebel fan groups who claim to speak for us,they are even being called "worse than Celtic fans" now.

It will need to come to a head soon otherwise Rangers will find themselves in Admin and on -20 points.
Eck

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:17 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Eck wrote:

It will need to come to a head soon otherwise Rangers will find themselves in Admin and on -20 points.

They have done two phases of a survey and their slogan is "willing to listen" They have published the results,then what? The next step should be,what they will do in response,but no, willing to listen but no promises,no guarantees and no change as far as I can see.I don't believe withdrawing support is the answer,there is no law against these people selling off assets,they own them,it could be that the rebels are forcing this action upon them.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:51 pm 
Post subject:

Is there any other European capital city without a top-flight club?
Apart from the obvious exceptions like Vaduz and San Marino, that is.

[thinks to self...Is Bonn still the capital of Germany?]
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
Is there any other European capital city without a top-flight club?
Apart from the obvious exceptions like Vaduz and San Marino, that is.

[thinks to self...Is Bonn still the capital of Germany?]

Berlin is the capital, and last season I think Hertha were in the second division, but got promoted.
highlandjambo

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:41 pm 
Post subject: Hearts 1 HIbs 2

I have seen most of Hearts games this season, every week we've had to listen to You're going down like The Rangers, even from the wee diddy teams, but we just get on with it, deducted 15 points not allowed to sign players, injuries suspensions etc. But thousands of Jambos stood together and supported our team in the darkest of days, We went to The Hibees relegation party at Tynecastle when they were going to send us down, some party we won 2 nil. Yes we went down but at the end of the day we still have a team to support, I don't care what league we are in I will be getting a season ticket. Glad The Hibees got to the relegation party yesterday I hope they enjoyed it. If anyone thinks it will be between Rangers, Hearts and Hibs next year they are in for one almighty shock, don't discount ANY team in that league. PS Raith Rovers played twice at Easter Road and won as many games there as Butcher. HHGH.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:07 pm 
Post subject:

And, in Kane Hemmings, Cowdenbeath have the best striker in that league.

And a very progressive set-up.

Dark horses?
Eck

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:13 pm 
Post subject:

You are forgetting that these teams couldn't make the playoffs without Rangers,Hearts & Hibs in it,what makes you think they have a better shout next season?
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:21 pm 
Post subject:

I'd say because the two clubs coming down are weaker than the two clubs they're replacing.

Rangers will romp it - but the play-off places are well up for grabs.

Only one I'd discount are Alloa.
notreve

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

Re derby 1884
I haven't checked league of wales recently but don't think they have a representative from Cardiff[/quote]
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:16 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
I'd say because the two clubs coming down are weaker than the two clubs they're replacing.

Rangers will romp it - but the play-off places are well up for grabs.

Only one I'd discount are Alloa.

I don't think Hearts will be weaker in any shape or form than Hamilton or Dundee. We have the nucleus of a young team who did well in the Premiership given the circumstances (unbeaten against Aberdeen for example), we will sign 6 or 7 decent players to supplement that and we'll compete.

I can't see any evidence to suggest Rangers will romp it, but the proof will be in the pudding.

Kane Hemmings is going over for a trial with Orlando City, a new MLS team. Doubt he'll be at Cowden next season.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: