Football Programmes Centre

The Mega Merseyside Fair???
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Mega Merseyside Fair???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:41 pm 
Post subject: The Mega Merseyside Fair???

Is this going on this year?

I missed it last year in Sept 2008 due to playing football the same day but would love to go this year!
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:37 pm 
Post subject:

good shout barrett.i was there last year as was dan.im looking forward to it coming up again.i hope its on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:38 pm 
Post subject:

efcbluenose wrote:
good shout barrett.i was there last year as was dan.im looking forward to it coming up again.i hope its on.

Was at Widnes as I recall. Now I'm thinking about ressie games to pad out my collection I might pick up a bit more than last year.
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:44 pm 
Post subject:

thats right dan.me and you had a chat and a good scout round see what was there.my newphew gave me 200 quid that day to pick up loads of utd for him.hes getting into united home ones.he still is.there wasnt that much there for us blues.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:32 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry lads, last years poor attendance meant the end of "The Mege Merseyside"
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:20 pm 
Post subject: merseyside

I had a stall there, and actually lost money, it really was that bad a day. The year previous had been an excellent fair, cretainly for myself, and an excellent venue.
Well remember the criticism about there not being much Everton stuff there, and the debate on the forum afterwards, as I certainly had semi decent Blues stock - pre war homes, wartime friendlies, etc - but they weren't what the collectors wanted. It's a shame that the fair's had it's day, but it's the same with everything else, if not supported it just isn't financially viable for all concerned. For those in the area, Bolton fair is in October...
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:44 pm 
Post subject:

Gutted about that. Was really looking forward to it this year!

What other North West fairs are planned in the coming months?
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:07 am 
Post subject:

its usually the one in alty at cresta court hotel thats a massive one.usually in late december barrett.i think bolton one will be on as well.i find it difficult to get to bolton though.alty is nearer for me to do on train while its difficult to get to bolton on train on a sunday.i met ruth who does the bolton stuff and their fair a few times.really nice lady to talk with.knows her stuff and is very reasonable prices wise.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: