Football Programmes Centre

whats the point?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
whats the point?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arsenal288

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:27 pm 
Post subject: whats the point?

apathy....nobody answers emails or p.ms and if they do its 5 weeks after the event....i have posted shit loads of articles on this site and i get apathy......i want to sell( i get a knobhead) i want to buy (i get no reply) i want to converse with the site managers(craig!.....no reply)......i give up! i did try, i sent lots of info about the site around ...my account is now closed .............shame on you.....regards......steve.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:33 pm 
Post subject: Whats the point.

Dont agree with you at all mate,have had nothing but joy with my PMs,and have obtained items on site that i have searched years elsewere for,TOP SITE.
Marco_Polo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:35 pm 
Post subject:

Burlimey.. was one side of the bed unavailable this morning? Only joined recently, had a few techy probs, but sorted by the head honchos and everything is tickety boo..
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:55 pm 
Post subject: Re: whats the point?

arsenal288 wrote:
apathy....nobody answers emails or p.ms and if they do its 5 weeks after the event....i have posted shit loads of articles on this site and i get apathy......i want to sell( i get a knobhead) i want to buy (i get no reply) i want to converse with the site managers(craig!.....no reply)......i give up! i did try, i sent lots of info about the site around ...my account is now closed .............shame on you.....regards......steve.

Steve,

With regards to your comments weve exchanged PMs previously 22/23rd June with regards to Cardiff programmes. You sent me some programmes you had and i replied saying that i only collect Cardiff Homes sorry as the ones you sent were mostly aways. The 2 homes you had listed i already had. I reply to all PMs as soon as possible and in the last couple of days ive had PM correspondence with Paulo, Mattblue, Forest Mick and EFC1998.

We also corresponded via email on 22/23rd July when you sent over a document containing your members QAs which were posted to the website shortly after. Again i reply to all e-mails ASAP and today have exchanged emails with Marco_Polo and Barrett.

Apart from that the only other contact we have really had is in a thread regarding ticket collecting http://www.footballprogrammece.....ight=#7201 where again yours posts were responded to by me in 17 minutes and 9 minutes.

Also in another thread you asked
Quote:
I know on the programme section we are able to describe our collections, were you considering doing the same for the ticket side of things?....regards.....steve.

To which i replyed to you 27 minutes later stating that

Quote:
In time there will be sections for Tickets etc. Personally i dont collect tickets so my knowledge on them isnt great but i think its pretty obvious to see that the ticket collecting market is getting bigger at present.

Now considering that this site is run as a hobby and i have my own business interests to look after, im sure most would agree that my response times to you have always been excellent - have you read the threads today about long some dealers take to send out purchases or even respond to emails?

As far as i can work out you are just annoyed that there isnt a section of the site specifically set up for ticket collectors. Ive already told you this will be addressed and I've spent my last 4 evenings working on a new design for the website which will incorporate more fuctions for ticket collectors and should be released on the opening day of the new season (Premier League).

If you have problems with members not replying, please bring them up with a moderator as outlined in the complains procedure which i have already reminded people about today - http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:06 pm 
Post subject:

Further to my last post, ive just noticed that you have made use of the Wants system on this site which took many man hours to build.

Your list can bew viewed at http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/football-programme-wants.php?id=264

I see however you have left many sarcastic comments such as;

Quote:

Real Madrid Rhyl European 1955-1956
real newspaper, swap rhyl for stad reimes
Real Madrid Fiorentina European 1956-1957
real newspaper
Barcelona Whitby European 1957-1958
now swap whitby for london XI, this thing will not let you change teams, bad idea.
Real Madrid Rhyl European 1958-1959
real newspaper wanted/swap rhyl for stad reimes
Barcelona Valencia European 1961-1962
fairs cup final magazine
Valencia Barcelona European 1961-1962
fairs cup final
Valencia Dynamo Tbilisi European 1962-1963
now take out tbilisi and enter zagred, this system is rubbish
Juventus Leeds United Other 1970-1971
i am new to this site and was hoping that i might get a big helping hand in trying to complete my 'european finals' collection, please contact me if you have any euro finals for sale, loking forward to your help.....steve.
Athletic Bilbao Juventus European 1976-1977
fairs cup final
Dagenham Redbridge Real Madrid European 1984-1985
now swap d&r for videoton and you have what i am asking for.
Fiorentina Juventus European 1989-1990
faiars cup final
Juventus PAE Athinaikos European 1994-1995
once again take out pae and swap for parma

Not sure if you have noticed but you will see at the top of the page instructions in what to do if you cant find the team your after; http://www.footballprogrammece.....issingteam

Now if you had followed these instructions such as various other members you would have had the requested teams added into the system within a few hours of PM'ing me. Im sure Andy1966, John Wells, Seand, johnlad, Olsey, Pastpirate, Barrett, Rokerprogz and various other members who have requested that teams be added to the list would vouch for me on this as they are normally done instantly.
arsenal288

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:36 pm 
Post subject: at last

it takes somebody to have a rant before we get a response.
look at the amount of p.ms sent and the amount of reply's....then look at the emails sent and the amount of reply's
nuff said....but i got you talking at last. Easy
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:38 pm 
Post subject:

What are you on about? Ive just said that any PMs/emails ive had from you were on 22/23rd June and they have all been replied to. I think you need to check your facts.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:45 pm 
Post subject:

arsenal288, from what I can see you seem very unhappy about the facilities on this site.

I would challenge you to find another site like this on the internet. If you do please let us know as we would all be interested!

Craig has put many many many days, never mind hours, into building this wonderful site for us all to use and to be frankly honest he doesnt need or deserve the kind of rant that you have made.

If you have any problems you can send a pm to ANY moderator or site admin of the forum who will respond to you as soon as they possibly can. That would be either Craig, myself, Geddon or Toffeedan. Please take into consideration that most people who use this forum work of a daytime so a response may not be received as quickly as you would like.

I personally can't see what your problem is, you have made many points in your rant to which Craig has addressed and I can't see any wrong doing on his behalf.

I look forward to seeing your response.
paulo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

Harsh to have a go at Craig like this. Its his site and he has done a wonderful job. Like Phil I have picked up a fair bit of stuff from members on this site that are very helpful and never try to rip me of.

I have not had much success with ticket stubs, however I accept that this is a programme site and would never complain as I accept that you are not going to find everything on here nor find memebers that know the answers to everything you post.

I have had a couple of timewasters (who still post) however that is not Craigs fault and he has set up procedures to reduce this.

If you want to stay a member on this site I think you ought to withdraw your post or other members will not want to deal with you.

Confused
Geddon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

This site was set up for programme collectors to buy and sell programmes. The design, as well as many other features, were made by Craig in his free time, and you have not paid anything to use them. I personally have always found that Craig always responds to PM's and emails quickly, and I haven't heard any complaints from anyone else either.

I really don't see what your issue is, or exactly why you've decided to make it public.
gurulion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:17 pm 
Post subject:

Paulo,

I fear you are wasting your breath.

We are dealing with an Arsenal supporter. Probably from Chesterfield or Hartlepool or Tiverton, who began supporting Arsenal only because they were (then) winning things.

The way he's throwing his toys about suggests someone who likes to get things their own way - instant replies, instant tickets to complete his collection, instant League titles etc.

Let him go: hardly a loss to this site, is he.

Personally, I wish I had discovered it months ago. A great place for escape for a few minutes during the day. In the few days I've been a member I have already found, thanks to a fellow member, one of the two programmes from this century I am missing. And it is full of decent, like-minded people. People who support clubs like Norwich and Millwall, where you learn patience because you have to wait a decade before you win anything...

Still, maybe we should give Arsenal288 the benefit of the doubt. He's just seen his top scorer flogged off. And another player now out for three months. While his manager has a dried up pen which cannot sign any cheque books.

Perhaps not what this lad signed up for when he became a Gunner. Sadly, it's poor old Craig who is copping his ire...
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 pm 
Post subject:

To be fair, Craig has already mentioned that we WILL be having a section for ticket collectors in the near future when the new design comes out.

As has already been mentioned, this site was 'originally' set up for programme collectors but as with many things in life, you adapt to accomodate other people (collectors).

We have taken this into consideration and ticket collecting is something we realise will end up becoming as popular as programme collecting especially as in the next few years more and more teams will stop issuing tickets and move onto 'fan cards'.

But it looks like this member wants everything on a plate as soon as he asks it.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:50 pm 
Post subject:

I joined this site to learn from more experienced collectors, I have always found fellow members very helpful and knowledgeable. The people who run this site are like Sunday football managers - they give up their time, and work for free, and most people really appreciate it, but I guess there's always the odd w*nker who doesn't. It's d*cks like him that make me realise I should thank you more often for setting up this site and running it. So, THANK YOU! Clap Clap Clap Clap
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:20 am 
Post subject: apathy

Keep up the good work, this site is a cut above anything else on offer on the internet. You'll always get the odd person who doesn't appreciate the ethos of this site and thinks it's a vehicle to do his bidding. At the end of the day, like a lot of other collectors, I've had some damn good buys / exchanges off this site without having to pay a penny to do so. As someone who's been collecting for about 25 years I appreciate that things don't hapen if I snap my fingers.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:35 pm 
Post subject:

Quite right John, the point is what this site is actually for. My biggest concern when Craig talked about expanding the site was that people would join and be like that, being on here purely to sell and expecting things to happen straight away.
The sight felt like a small, friendly club, where everybody knew everybody. When a club comes into money, it tends to lose that family feel, and I was worried that that may happen on this site. However, barring the odd exception, so far so good, and long may it continue!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:46 pm 
Post subject:

I can asure you Mick we will be doing our utmost to ensure we don't move away from that 'community' type of site.

That's what we wanted from the start and that has never changed and won't change. We won't tolerate timewasters or people coming on here to rip others off.

Unfortunately though, we do need to expand the site as we grow and the ticket section is one of those areas so we are expecting a few more ticket collectors in the near future. This shouldn't impact on anyone though and hopefully it will just enhance our reputation and collecting experience!

I see arsenal288 hansn't replied since yesterday!
gurulion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:49 pm 
Post subject:

That's probably because he'll come back as Mancity289...
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

Scouse Scouse Scouse Scouse Scouse Scouse

Steady on lads. Everybody's entitled to their opinion and If somebody is angry then they are angry. No problem, we all get frustrated at times.

This is a great site and I think we all have a great respect for the people who run it. They must put in a lot of time and effort to make it the success that it is.

Looking through the thread, I think we've all made the same judgement so let's chill out and let it go Cool
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:39 pm 
Post subject: arse

Don't know about chilling out. When people start using terms like knobhead because he can't sell his wares I think it's about time the administrators actually started some kind of "3 and you're out" system for the personally abusive shite.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:15 pm 
Post subject:

thanks for everyones support on this thread and also the various pms. With regards to a 3 and your out system, this is a procedure we have in place for time wasters but luckily we have never had to implement it.

The abuse was out of order but ive replied to every point he made regardless and no one has had a reply back. If he has left then so be it but as many have pointed out this is the only community like this on the net and if he doesnt have the social skills to interact then were better off with out him anyway.

Havin said that weve taken his issues regarding tickets on board (im assuming this was his underlying issue) but you can see from previous posts anyway that i feel we need sections of the site for ticket collectors anyway as its an area of collecting thats taking off in recent years so he hasnt raised anything we didnt know about.

This is a great site because of the people that choose to visit it and post daily and lomg may it continue.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: