Football Programmes Centre

Yesterday
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Yesterday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:58 pm 
Post subject: Yesterday

Fantstic day, Champions for the first time in 50 odd years, but have to spare a thought for Afc Wimbledon, thought they were excellent 2nd half, best following we've seen at our place this year and i hope they stay up.
Congrats to Port Vale, deserved to go up, only bad note for the day was that Evans will probably win promotion, still who cares, very drunk last night and still going well today, party next week at Burton then roll on League 1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:04 pm 
Post subject:

See you there Crying or Very sad

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 am 
Post subject:

Still can't believe whats happened to Wolves.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:39 pm 
Post subject:

I've watched it and I cant believe it either.
Some poor, poor decisions at board level have cost us dearly to be honest.
Still, there are a few of us mad enough to renew our season tickets, and if we start well enough there will be bums on seats so they really wont care i dont think.

pnefan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:56 pm 
Post subject:

gfcpaul

Quote:
Fantstic day, Champions for the first time in 50 odd years, but have to spare a thought for Afc Wimbledon, thought they were excellent 2nd half, best following we've seen at our place this year and i hope they stay up.

Well done - that s 6 points for us next season . Clap

We stuffed the other lot too - 4-1 ?
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:32 am 
Post subject:

So nice to be playing you again, drawn both times i've been to Preston so i'll try and get there again, we won't give ya the 6 points that easy. Laughing
pnefan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:10 pm 
Post subject:

Great - you'll swell the attendance -

See you there then - i'll try and make the away fixture .

Whats the bet it'll be the first game ?

Make a change from Colchester .
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

Pleased for the Gills but it's a pity you couldn't have won your game on Saturday after being 2 up.

It now means that my beloved Minstermen have a bloody awful last day at Dagenham on Saturday.

If you'd won, we'd have been safe as Wimbledon couldn't have caught us....now they can....and they can also catch Daggers if we beat them and the Dons win against a Fleetwood team who are already on the beach.

If we lose we will probably go down, as would the Daggers if they lose. It would be awful to send them down on their home ground, as a draw would also keep us up.

Still, City have shifted all 1,200 tickets so we won't be without support, and I suspect that they'll also be a few York fans in home areas as a result.

It will be a far more northern based second division next year, so dropping down would be a disaster. Not even contemplating losing.

It's meant to be fun, this supporting lark.

Shake

but not at the moment! Still going though - COYR !
pnefan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:18 am 
Post subject:

What a gret game to go and watch - amazing situation- almost as good as Brentford v Doncaster .

Look on the bright side Mr - if you go down , parking will be a lot easier near Bootham Crescent Confused
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

Glad you made it Minsterman and also congrats to Afc Wimbledon on making it out on the last day.
drfc4ever

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

Congrats to all the promoted teams, I made the long journey from Hamilton to Brentford to watch my beloved Donny Rovers, all I can say is wow, truly amazing, from the low of thinking oh no here come the play offs to the delight of the penalty miss and promotion and then the goal to mean we were champions, all in the space of 20 secs, surreal. In 30 years of watching Donny I have never experienced anything quite like it. I hope Brentford perform in the play offs because their fans must be feeling the exact opposite to me, such a terrible way to miss out. Anyhow, Championship it is for us, happy (incredible) days.

Only a pub team, having a laugh !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doncasterroversprogrammes/sets
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:24 pm 
Post subject:

Congrats to Donny as well, couldn't believe how the game ended, hope Brentford can pick themselves up for the play-offs.
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:33 pm 
Post subject:

Wow, what a bizarre day. Fantastic !

Thanks to Gfcpaul for his kind words, I'm also pleased for AFCW.

I've nothing against Barnet but they've hovered around the trapdoor for a few years now so maybe this one was one great escape too many.

On the last day - for the first time in ages - most of the other results favoured us. We won which kept us up anyway, but finished 17th which is something we'd have settled for last August (albeit without the slide towards the relegation trapdoor in recent months!) And Dagenham survived too, so everyone was happy.

And as for Donny Rovers - amazing finish. I travelled to Dagenham by train from Donny, which was full of Rovers fans and just me and my mate following York. There was some good natured banter and laughs, and everyone was genuinely pleased for each other that our sides got the results they wanted. It was everything that football should be as per 99.9% of the time rather than the stuff that usually gets in the papers.

Bet Dean Saunders feels a bit sick now ! How on earth have Wolves got into that mess?
flashhat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:36 pm 
Post subject:

Dean Saunders - what goes around comes around !!

My football memorabilia: https://www.flickr.com/photos/192140619@N08/albums

Non-league photographer https://www.flickr.com/photos/143473465@N03/albums

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:15 am 
Post subject:

I really can't blame Dean Saunders for the problems at Wolves. They started 18 months or so ago on the pitch and way before that off it. When Mick McCarthy was sacked and the board hadn't got a clue who to get in, the writing was on the wall.
Mr Morgan has turned Wolverhampton into Redrow City and that's all he is interested in, building houses. He has no clue how to get the best from Wolves , or how to move us forward. The club makes a profit (at the moment) and that seems to be enough for him.
He has given us a great stadium, fantastic training facilities, but a shite team and league 1 football in all probability.
No offence to any donny fans on here, but Wolves are, in my opinion a bigger club than Rovers, in the right hands they could hold their own in the prem, facilities and fans wise. So a move here could have been good for Saunders if he had been given the means to change things here. But he wasn't so there ya go.
When he has built enough houses here Mr Morgan might just fuck right off, and take Mr Moxey with him, then the team might get turned around. Although we might be in the blue square north by then Crying or Very sad

MINI RANT OVER!!!

drfc4ever

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:20 pm 
Post subject:

No offence taken wolf, wolves clearly are a bigger club than Donny, yet the likelihood is we will be in the league above you next season. Keep the faith with Saunders, he will get you winning games, it may not be pretty but will get results. You could also maybe throw a few of your overpaid players our way next season on loan.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doncasterroversprogrammes/sets
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:15 pm 
Post subject:

You're welcome to most of them, they will only rape your club of its money and take you down.

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: