Football Programmes Centre

FA Cup Final
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FA Cup Final
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:14 pm 
Post subject: FA Cup Final

Don't if its true, but kick off is 5.15........

That should the fans plenty of time to get tanked up.....!!!!

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
The SFC Chris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:47 pm 
Post subject:

Is true, has officially been confirmed.

Apparently the latest trains back to Wigan and Manchester leave London at 20:31 and 21:00 respectively ... mayhem.

Don't see why it can't just be a 3 o'clock kick off - there are other Premier League games on the same day but would rather see them simply moved to the Sunday so that the FA Cup Final can return to it's rightful place at 3pm Saturday.
holtie96

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:07 pm 
Post subject: Fa cup

Agree absolutely, I'm not being an old fart stuck in the past! Can't the fa see that this is another nail in the coffin for this great competition and yet another example of who really holds the cards ie The Premier League and Sky. Sad
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:55 pm 
Post subject: Re: Fa cup

holtie96 wrote:
Agree absolutely, I'm not being an old fart stuck in the past! Can't the fa see that this is another nail in the coffin for this great competition and yet another example of who really holds the cards ie The Premier League and Sky. Sad

The FA Cup sponsored by Budweiser! thats the secret.

1. Get plenty in to watch the game over here
2. Get plenty in to watch the game over there[5-7 hours earlier over a late breakfast or lunch
Sponsoring the FA Cup means you gotta sell a lot of fizzy water over a season and the climax is on a Saturday tea time at 5.15pm or beer swilling watching the SOCCER over there.

Its a Rafa moment-yep its a fact!

Leslie Millman is manchesterunitedman1 Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 pm 
Post subject:

At this rate, it's only a matter of time before it becomes a 10am kick-off.

The marketing boys call it "tapping into the captive Far East market".

Or perhaps one day it will be held in Seoul?
silkman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 am 
Post subject:

And on the subject of kick off times why are the Conference starting at 5-15 this Saturday?

OK its the last day of the season but!
Flackwell Lad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:36 am 
Post subject:

A 5-15 KO is bad news for me here in Australia. I found it hard enough to stay awake till midnight some years, but now its a 2-15 AM start I think I'll tape it instead. But I quite like Derby1884's remark about a 10 AM KO, 7 PM here for me would be almost perfect Smile Smile
Goalsandwickets

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:13 am 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
At this rate, it's only a matter of time before it becomes a 10am kick-off.

The marketing boys call it "tapping into the captive Far East market".

Or perhaps one day it will be held in Seoul?

Can you imagine the comments from fans;

'It's terrible, we might not make the last flight back to the UK - leaves at 10.30pm and we'll still have a transit in Dubai for 3 hours - won't get back to work until the afternoon!!!'

Someone on DS says that next year, the Final won't be affected by the Champions League Final requirements which have confused the whole fixture scheduling task and that it will be after the PL fixtures have finished and also back to 3pm.

I hope this is the case but no doubt some crazy rationale will be produced by someone in the games corridors of power and an odd time on an odd day will emerge.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:12 pm 
Post subject:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
more$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
That is what is behind it all-nothing more or less, corridors of power my arse-they all Bow to the power of the £ and the $ and could not care lesss about the 92,000 punters[even though 10,000 at least have no idea why they are in the ground anyway], the market is 720 million punters or a billion or 10 billion all seeing the sponsors moniker BUDWEISER-that is what counts for them as this is why they bank rolled it in the first place for the pay day at Wembley one day in May.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 pm 
Post subject:

2 weeks not long enough to sort out trains to cover this ko then? 3rd world countries eh? Catering for the non-car travellers, got to be kidding!

And who exactly wants a 5.15 ko anyway?
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:23 pm 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:
And who exactly wants a 5.15 ko anyway?

5.15 KO means a 7pm finish and so allows the corporate seating fraternity to leave Wembley in time to catch the start of the opera or the ballet.
pnefan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:37 pm 
Post subject:

Maybe the game should be played in an empty stadium - that's the way its going . European games

Clubs loose seats in European games for advertisers - the fans who have season tickets have to be fitted in elsewhere .

There were loads of Wigan fans stranded in London after the Semi cos there were no trains

The FA said not many fans used the trains anyway - that's cos there were no specials or trains running at suitable times.

Wigan did say they tried to arrange a special but couldn't .

I ain't going to any footy games unless its reduced admission and I won't be buying a season ticket either .

I know loads who have either given up season tickets or started sharing - one of my mates is even in arrears with his season ticket hp payments .

Every time you want to go to a match you have to sign up online to each club unless you have mates at other clubs or you're prepared to risk turning up with no ticket - its an elite sport now .especially at the top .

This online ticketing is a farse - It doesn't prevent tickets falling into the wrong hands either .

I'm going back to my armchair , slippers and remote but it won't be Sky i'll be watching - Wave
The SFC Chris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:51 pm 
Post subject:

pnefan wrote:
Maybe the game should be played in an empty stadium - that's the way its going . European games

Clubs loose seats in European games for advertisers - the fans who have season tickets have to be fitted in elsewhere .

There were loads of Wigan fans stranded in London after the Semi cos there were no trains

The FA said not many fans used the trains anyway - that's cos there were no specials or trains running at suitable times.

Wigan did say they tried to arrange a special but couldn't .

I ain't going to any footy games unless its reduced admission and I won't be buying a season ticket either .

I know loads who have either given up season tickets or started sharing - one of my mates is even in arrears with his season ticket hp payments .

Every time you want to go to a match you have to sign up online to each club unless you have mates at other clubs or you're prepared to risk turning up with no ticket - its an elite sport now .especially at the top .

This online ticketing is a farse - It doesn't prevent tickets falling into the wrong hands either .

I'm going back to my armchair , slippers and remote but it won't be Sky i'll be watching - Wave

I agree with your points except about the Wigan fans being stranded in London after the semi - surely it's their own fault for not checking before hand that there would be trains back?
pnefan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:07 am 
Post subject:

The SFC Chis

Quote:
I agree with your points except about the Wigan fans being stranded in London after the semi - surely it's their own fault for not checking before hand that there would be trains back?

You're probably right but fans get carried away in the moment - sometimes they're not allowed to leave the stadium when they want or loose their way etc .

Ticket prices should be a lot lower than what they are with all the money coming in from tv - especially at the top .

Look at the West Ham v Wigan game - £39 entrance - it was only £20 at Wigan last year for Hammers fans - no wonder they had a large following . The pub across from the ground was full of em.

A Wigan fan walked in and they all cheered !
The SFC Chris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:28 am 
Post subject:

Completely agree with the money. I think I read that with the new Premier League TV rights deal which starts at the beginning of next season, each club could reduce the price of tickets to £1, and still make/lose the same amount of money that they are currently.
JJPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 am 
Post subject:

Flackwell Lad wrote:
A 5-15 KO is bad news for me here in Australia. I found it hard enough to stay awake till midnight some years, but now its a 2-15 AM start I think I'll tape it instead.

VHS or Betamax?? Laughing
Flackwell Lad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:16 am 
Post subject:

Betamax?...someone's showing their age. Smile
JJPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:28 am 
Post subject:

Flackwell Lad wrote:
Betamax?...someone's showing their age. Smile

Touche!! Nod
pnefan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:44 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:

Flackwell Lad wrote:
A 5-15 KO is bad news for me here in Australia. I found it hard enough to stay awake till midnight some years, but now its a 2-15 AM start I think I'll tape it instead.

Maybe in afew years time the final will be in Down Under and we'll have to stay up all night .

What goes around comes around Nod
Fishy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:50 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry but the Wigan fans had a choice the same as I did - I may support Millwall but I had to drive up from and back to Cornwall (approx. 240 miles one way). I don't know how far Wigan is from Wembley but I suspect not too much difference.

There were lots of buses from Wigan there as well - if needed I'm sure that others could have been laid on.

That said, the kick off time was ridiculous as was the venue and I agree with most of the other sentiments above.

We all know why the semi's are now at Wembley, but I can only hope that they move out to other grounds again. When we played Sunderland in 2004 at Old Trafford, it was an experience in itself without the result (although I was quite pleased with the 1-0 - sorry Black Cats).

As a footnote, and not stealing Pompey Pete's thunder on his thread 'Millwall' - It was a sad day (again) for the club with the trouble, after all the work that has gone in to sort out the idiots - the investigation is ongoing and there are enough photos, videos to show the true perpetrators.
Hopefully they will be able to get hold the tickets of those found guilty so that they will then know how those tickets were purchased in the first place. IMHO whilst the tickets were rationed to an extent, there was a lot of scope for tickets to get into the wrong hands, including other clubs 'supporters' who we know have kicked off trouble for Millwall before!
There wasn't 1 arrest at the 2004 Cup Final (to my knowledge) and with all the work in between something went drastically wrong.

Hope this makes sense Thumbs Up

Cheers all
ian
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: