Football Programmes Centre

How "complete" is your collection?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How "complete" is your collection?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:58 pm 
Post subject: How "complete" is your collection?

I suppose, dare I say assume, that nearly everyone's collection or wants is incomplete - unless you are (or were in his case) David France.

I kind of have almost all Everton home first class games from 1957 (and all but that one since 1953) with a handful of copies to fill in on gaps - as far as aways go I have just about all those I want to get from first class games - only those minor fixtures required.

If I was feeling fairly maudlin I could say there are 100 gaps for the Youth Cup and various minor home games not yet acquired but, for the sake of the discussion - and to answer the question - how complete or incomplete do you consider your collection to be (in a realistic sense)?
MisterGas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:14 am 
Post subject:

Although mine are Tickets to everyones programmes i still have X amount per Competition/Season to collect.
I know im never going to get them all, so i will always be incomplete.

But lets say.....I did get them all.

I would then have to get them all in MINT condition.

Maybe you guys are the same and replace Programmes with faults for mint ones, while your waiting for the last few elusive ones ?
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:43 am 
Post subject:

I'm 8 programmes away from having every Burnley home programme since the 1960/1961 season.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:40 am 
Post subject:

I originally set out just to get every Everton vs Liverpool programme (Home + Away) in League and the two cup competitions from 1950 to the present day. I now have 99% of those with just 1 missing. After I obtain that programme I want to take it back to every one since the end of the Second World War, which as far as I am aware isnt many more.

I also want every Everton home and away programme in European competition which I have 53/61 with just the rarest away ones to get.

And lastly, I want every home game (league, cup + friendlies) since 2000. This one is just a little side collection to keep me going while I await the above programmes to become available.

I'll never have a complete collection as I'll be adding to it with all the home games, european games and derby games each season.

But once I have everything upto date, I'll start to replace the poor/good condition ones with very good/mint hopefully.

I also collect Everton season ticket books + tickets every now and again so that could be something I move onto in the future but it's not important at the moment.
Healing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:59 am 
Post subject:

Hi Mate What euro aways are you missing?
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:02 am 
Post subject:

Healing wrote:

I think he said...

Those hard to get ones.. Valarengens, Inter

But he will tell you himself I'm sure

Dan
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:49 am 
Post subject:

Healing wrote:

I think his wants is upto date;

http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/football-programme-wants.php?id=11

Inter Milan, Dunfermline Athletic, Kilmarnock, Valerengens, Aalborg, Borussia & Panathinaikos
smk06

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 am 
Post subject:

I'm about 20 programmes off completing my Derby County first team homes from 1960 to date. If you can help with any on my wants list please get in touch!

I'll probably start on aways next, I've got quite a few from 1960 to date but not many complete seasons. It's either that or spend some serious money obtaining 50s homes. Think I'll wait a while on that one.

Steve
matt blue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:12 am 
Post subject:

Cardiff City - im missing 26 at home (which is league and welsh cup) back to 1953. Away i missing 40. ..apart from some wc prog, boro & rotherham id say all are quite easy to obtain.

Wales - home less then 10 to complete back to the war. Away i would say i need 25.

Football league semis - need 11

Football league cup finals - need 8 -- semis and finals wanted are pre 65

Fa cup finals - 6 back to 1945

Fa cup semi finals - complete back to 1958

Charity Shield - under 10 to complete back to 1958

To be honest even if i was a millionaire it would be impossible to complete the city collection as some programmes just arent around to buy.

p
Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:23 am 
Post subject:

Fortunately my club has only been going since 1998 but i still need twenty leagues home and away, two FA Cups, two FA Trophies, two League Cups, seven Senior Cups and 17 friendlies which may or may not have issued.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 pm 
Post subject:

Healing wrote:

Dan and Craig are right.

Just missing - Inter Milan, Dunfermline Athletic, Kilmarnock, Valerengens, Aalborg & Borussia Moenchengladbach.

Actually I must have 55 out of 61 then. Very Happy

Can you help with any of the above? (Hopefully Valerengens Wink )
mancitymark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:33 pm 
Post subject:

At the moment I’m missing 16 City away programmes to have a completed set of Home & Away’s from 1970-71 to 2008-09 which includes all Cup competitions.

Have already started working my way back from 69-70 aways, as also have all homes from 64/65 to 69-70.

Cant really see my passion for collecting City programmes slowing down so will keep working my way back through the early 60’s home & away and also City pre-season and testimonials, which I already have well over a 100 of Smile
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:37 pm 
Post subject:

I've got all homes from 57/8, but I only had to find 6 when I started 'collecting' as I had been to all the other games. I now need about 30 or so aways to be complete up to 80/81 home & away after that I need most aways so lots to get.
The aways I need are mainly european games, a couple of charity shields then league for the others.

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
andy1966

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

I have broken my collection down because its near impossible to have every Everton related programme

Post War Homes - I only need 21, which includes public practice matches, postponed games etc.

post War Aways - I have every European away programme, but still need 108 more to have a complete set.

I have found myself getting Wartime amd pre-war items as it gets harder and harder to find the post war ones I need.

Unfortunately it just gest more expensive the further you go back.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 pm 
Post subject:

andy1966 wrote:
I have broken my collection down because its near impossible to have every Everton related programme

Post War Homes - I only need 21, which includes public practice matches, postponed games etc.

post War Aways - I have every European away programme, but still need 108 more to have a complete set.

I have found myself getting Wartime amd pre-war items as it gets harder and harder to find the post war ones I need.

Unfortunately it just gest more expensive the further you go back.

Yeah, not got any of those 21 myself. You got Everton v FA Youth XI 1965 (teamsheet, game moved at short notice to New Brighton, waterlogged pitch)?
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:01 pm 
Post subject: My programme collection.

My collection consists of games the late DEREK DOUGAN played in some 600+ games, i have all bar a Football League Cup game from the first season of that comp ,York v BLACKBURN 10/10/60, Corby v PETERBOROUGH (1964), Millwall v PORTSMOUTH (1957), have all from his time at LEICESTER (65-67) BLACKBURN (59/61) ASTON VILLA (61/63) and all at WOLVES (1967-75),bar the few obscure EUFA AWAY Cup games. + Test & Friendlies and the odd prog still crops up from games i am not aware of so dont think my collection will ever be finalised ,think thats what makes this hoby so fascinating.
andy1966

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:13 pm 
Post subject:

No I havent got that one. Was it a first team game?

I have used the Toffee Pages as my guide, someone said there were some errors, does anyone know what they were?

I have two copies of the Everton v Wolves 48/9, one dated 27th April and one 4th May. Toffee pages doesnt mention those two items.
kcs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

Leeds Homes from and inclusive of 1955-56 season I am currently missing 11, one of which is a league cup replay single sheet programme against Rotherham that is as rare as hens teeth, I have seen it on an offers list once in five years at a cost of £800!!

The others are reasonable to find and can be seen on my wants list on here.

In terms of being complete, well the list will continue to grow whether I find the missing ten or so mentioned above, it can of course go back in time, e.g. back to the war... 1945/46 often go for £100+, a couple of 1946/47 have been seen on offers lists for £400!!!. If this "little" lot happen to come into my collection then there is a further issue of finding some single sheet friendlies and West Riding games from the 50's and 60's. Some of which go for a £100+.

Then there is the reserves....................??

Aways.............??

Complete, never is my assumption! or less i pick 6 winning numbers Clap

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:00 pm 
Post subject:

andy1966 wrote:
No I havent got that one. Was it a first team game?

I have used the Toffee Pages as my guide, someone said there were some errors, does anyone know what they were?

I have two copies of the Everton v Wolves 48/9, one dated 27th April and one 4th May. Toffee pages doesnt mention those two items.

Yes there was a dated error one.. I wasn't aware that the 4th May one existed..

It was the annual England Yth v YC Finalists game (I think they tended to play either the winners or runners-up or maybe both) - remember the same game at GP in 77?

It was issued (hurriedly) on New Br headed paper.

Other nuggets - home progs:
Cardiff 56/7 date error 13/5 instead of 13/4
Chelsea 55 or 56 (need to check) - year error
Cardiff 60/1 misprint copy with blank pages

ToffeePages doesn't mention some of the postponed games - perhaps because some were pulped or not published at all.
badhand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:10 pm 
Post subject:

I need about 42 League and Cup games to complete my Bristol Rovers first team collection back to 1945. Also need a few postponed and many friendlies plus hundreds of reserves. See my wants list, please.
As has been mentioned, it gets a bit expensive especially back in the first couple of seasons after the war. Sportingold have one in their next auction. They are estimating about £250 which is a bit much for me.
We have never played competitively in Europe so that part of my collection is complete Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: