Football Programmes Centre

1960 Charity Shield
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1960 Charity Shield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clowther99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:18 pm 
Post subject: 1960 Charity Shield

Hi,

Just picked up the 1960 Charity Shield between Burnley and Wolves for £60. Could anyone tell me it's value and more importantly for me, was I robbed? Confused (oh, it's in excellent condition, good clean unfloded copy)

Thanks, Chris
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:20 pm 
Post subject:

Did you get that off ebay?

I was keeping tabs on it. It's one of only 8 I need to have every home programme since 1960!

It's out of my price range, but I'd say £60 is a decent price.
clowther99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:25 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah, it must have been that one. I collect Charity Shields (amongst others) and I thought it was a decent price but I was just wondering what other people thought. You see big prices for it in dealers catalogues but is that it's true price? Hmm.
holtie96

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:36 pm 
Post subject:

Hi everyone, in this economic climate £60 is a good price, this is one of the more valuable charity shield programmes, I would say a price between £50 and £80 is about right. So considering the condition, you have done well.
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:40 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry, but I think you were robbed! I've sold half a dozen of these in the last 5 years or so and I'd say £40 maximum. Tend to pick them up because your ordinary punter doesn't realise it's anything other than an ordinary league game. Same with Burnley v. Villa League Cup Semi Final later the same season.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: