Football Programmes Centre

Most Difficult To Obtain & Rudest Signatory?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Most Difficult To Obtain & Rudest Signatory?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:59 am 
Post subject:

i do not know why i have come back to this post really, only that whatever has been said about Sir BC is i am afraid accurate. He was and is a miserable get and always has been and his Mrs aint much better!.

He is regarded within the club as a God, and a lot of the top brass still toady after him and he knows it!

I have a story that i cannot repeat even on this forum when i went to one of those club dinners and we all stood in line like numpties to get the top people on the top table to sign-they all did willingly and especially SAF who shared a word with everyone and looked you in the eye when he signed for you, unlike some and one chap next to me gave that other SIR a real mouthful anyway another tale for another day.

I never cared for either of the brothers and i went to a doo once for the Leeds brother who turned up an hour and a half late for a lunch for 500 people which was thrown by the RBS about 15 years ago-he ate his grub and walked off and refused to speak as he was going elsewhere so the bank said you aint getting any fees and if you walk we want the money for your meal! ha so he sat down and did ten minutes then fxxxed off-another real gent i do not think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
treble99

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:26 pm 
Post subject:

Could sort of say where there's one brother there's two!!!

Very Happy Very Happy
stretford ender

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Not really interested in autographs unless on a match worn shirt. Nowadays you can't read a signature. Sign of the times, a uninterested scribble from a multi millionaire. I met Len Shackleton and Bobby Gurney once. Two of the greatest players ever to play for Sunderland. Gurney still all time top scorer. Never crossed my mind for one moment to ask for a autograph, it was just a honor and a privilege to chat to two fine gentlemen.
ps, i think Bobby Charlton looks a miserable sod. If i saw him in the street i'd just walk straight passed.
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=3140678&sid=0418abd453053e0e27ac2e2359172ce1
Interesting Laughing

Typical bitter comments that are the norm if your unlucky enough to bump into any blue retards...
"Bell better then charlton",new one on me as the always walked around in t-shirts proclaming "bell better then Best" (I know.... Very Happy )
As for Bobby refusing young a testimonial of course it should have been city who gave him the testimonial,funny how it took him to be on his deathbed to be rediscovered by most at the council house..
mr benn

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

Id like to make the case for the defence of Sir Bobby here, mlaud !

I have read of others saying he is miserable, so maybe some justification , though you do have to seriously wonder how his life events have made the man.

But , I have met him twice at matches at Old Trafford and he very kindly signed my photos both times, even tho the teams were coming out.

I also went to a book signing of his in Birmingham. They were being very strict about him only signing the book (to be fair there was a big queue) , and the lady dominatrix from the store was barking at any poor sole who dared to stop and try and talk / take a photo with him.
However, once my book was signed, I showed him a photo he had kindly signed, but becuase of a bad pen had then faded badly . He made sure she was elsewhere and very kindly then signed the photo, and thanked me for coming.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:18 pm 
Post subject:

I've never been one for collecting Autographs but a good mate of mine was, he used to go to all the training grounds in London - this would be mid-60's.

His favourite was West Ham, mainly because of his hero Johnny Byrne, but one story he tells is of Bobby Moore, who would always sign but only after telling the gaggle of kids to get into a line and he would sign once each, and anyone getting back in the queue again would get a smack. Nobody did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: