Football Programmes Centre

Ajax v Juventus, 1973 European Cup Final
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ajax v Juventus, 1973 European Cup Final

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Driver8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:02 pm 
Post subject: Ajax v Juventus, 1973 European Cup Final

Has someone got themselves a bargain or paid a huge amount for a reprint ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ajax.....&rt=nc
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:52 pm 
Post subject:

I spoke to the seller and he gave me the measurements, it seemed to me that it was an original of the Dutch version.
It was not much of a bargain as the last one to sell at auction sold for £1400 and the last one to sell on ebay before the one the other day was similar at £1350. Had the seller done a slightly better advert he could have got a little more for it i suspect. Gone are the days of that programme selling for £2500+
bielma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:52 pm 
Post subject:

1980Cossie wrote:
I spoke to the seller and he gave me the measurements, it seemed to me that it was an original of the Dutch version.
It was not much of a bargain as the last one to sell at auction sold for £1400 and the last one to sell on ebay before the one the other day was similar at £1350. Had the seller done a slightly better advert he could have got a little more for it i suspect. Gone are the days of that programme selling for £2500+

Can any of you experienced members tell me what are differences between official programme and a reprint.Do they have same number of pages?Is the word reprint written somewhere, if yes on which page?I was told they have different measurements, what are the measurements of official programme, what of a reprint(please tell me in centimeters)?
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:22 am 
Post subject:

Originals:

16.0cm x 23.3cm for original with small lettering on front (Italian VIP)

16.3cm x 23.5cm (approx) varies as can be up to 23.7cm dependent on the way it was folded for originals with large lettering on front (Dutch VIP)

Reproductions:

A known reproduction is 15.7cm x 22.8cm & also there is a 16.6cm x 23.3cm (Serbian Pirate)

Reproductions are either smaller or longer (one way) and/or smaller the other way than the original sizes.

There is also a 1970's reproduction (Italian VIP) but i don't have the size, however doubt it is the exact same size as the original

Reproductions and reprints don't carry the words reprint anywhere and the originals and reprints all have the same number of pages.

Also note i have seen an original with only 1 staple and also originals with 2 staples.

I know a collector in Sweden who has both originals and can test the papers elements (similar to DNA) using a professional digital scanner, he can verify this programme and offer a report which can help with a future sale.
thegers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm 
Post subject:

i used to collect European Finals and the only time i ever saw this Programme was in the Ajax museum
bielma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:51 pm 
Post subject:

1980Cossie wrote:
Originals:

16.3cm x 23.5cm (approx) varies as can be up to 23.7cm dependent on the way it was folded for originals with large lettering on front (Dutch VIP)

Reproductions:

A known reproduction is 15.7cm x 22.8cm & also there is a 16.6cm x 23.3cm (Serbian Pirate)

Reproductions are either smaller or longer (one way) and/or smaller the other way than the original sizes.

There is also a 1970's reproduction (Italian VIP) but i don't have the size, however doubt it is the exact same size as the original

Reproductions and reprints don't carry the words reprint anywhere and the originals and reprints all have the same number of pages.

Also note i have seen an original with only 1 staple and also originals with 2 staples.

I know a collector in Sweden who has both originals and can test the papers elements (similar to DNA) using a professional digital scanner, he can verify this programme and offer a report which can help with a future sale.

Thank you very much 1980Cossie.You really know a lot about this programme
bielma

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:29 pm 
Post subject:

1980Cossie wrote:
Originals:

Reproductions:

I sent you a message asking about the prices, received no answer.Maybe you prefer to talk about that publicly.No problem.I would like to know the prices of original ones(Italian and Dutch VIP) as well as prices of reproduction and a Serbian pirate.I am a young collector,I am almost sure I cannot afford the originals, still would like to know the price tag(for a reproduction and a Serbian pirate too).
Many thanks in advance.
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AJAX.....2201926098

I reckon this is the Serbian pirate version?

page 4 and page 7 transposed by the blue adidas advert (most successful teams and countries wrong order)
The centre page and several of the adverts don't have a box around them.

apart from that it looks like the original ...

Cool

any further input on telling these apart?
overlap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:45 am 
Post subject:

CodeXIII wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AJAX-JUVENTUS-30-05-1973-Programme-Final-EC-Cup-TOP-RARE/232201926098?_trksid=p2047675.c100013.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40794%26meid%3D93b73b4fa9014868a09d465daa75e998%26pid%3D100013%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D232201926098

I reckon this is the Serbian pirate version?

page 4 and page 7 transposed by the blue adidas advert (most successful teams and countries wrong order)
The centre page and several of the adverts don't have a box around them.

apart from that it looks like the original ...

Cool

any further input on telling these apart?

That is definitely the Serbian reproduction. One clue is in the Uefa roundel that is in the top right corner. In the original the roundel covers two rows/ decks of the word Juventus. In the Serbian copy it only covers one and a little bit. Also the paper in this pirate one on Ebay is also much much glossier than the original.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:29 am 
Post subject:

Yes definitely the Serbian pirate. The seller knows it is too, i let him know. We spoke a couple of times before i told him but now he can't speak English anymore.
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 am 
Post subject:

someone's going to be disappointed. £102 bid is live and above his reserve.

thank's for the input, will avoid!
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:26 am 
Post subject:

also, the 'o' divider between Ajax and Juventus is on the black background only not overlapping the red and black as with originals.

cheap tat being sold for £100 !

Shocked
overlap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:25 am 
Post subject:

Here is another of those tatty fakes, which are worth about a fiver at most, which went for £287 on Ebay in November.
It has become quite a nice little cottage industry in the Balkans

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AJAX.....&rt=nc
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: