Football Programmes Centre

Pre-season games
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pre-season games
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolascustard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:47 pm 
Post subject: Pre-season games

Well our season has just kicked off with a game against Burton
Now I usually go to these games but I refused to pay £13 to stand.
By the way we won 1-0
Roll on Arnold town on monday when its only a fiver.

Hows other teams gone on.
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:41 pm 
Post subject:

Burnley played Bradford City today.

We scored first and looked comfortable in the first 20 minutes, but then Bradford equalised and it was downhill from there! Lost 2-1 in the end.

I'm not concerned though - it was the first pre-season friendly - all about fitness.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

Everton's first game last night - Lost 2-1 away at Bury.
That was £12, pay on the gate.

We had our big name players out to injury (Yakubu, Arteta, Jagielka, Anichebe) and a few of them were given extended breaks due to playing internationals throughout the summer (Tim Howard, Lescott, Cahill, Pienaar, Yobo, Rodwell)

Next up: Rochdale away - Sat 18th July
foxes1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:23 pm 
Post subject: Leicester Friendlies

Well we had 2 pre-season games today both with a mixture of first teamers and reserves, first this morning at L'boro Dynamo which we won 3-1, £7 to get in.

Then a quick dash over to Tamworth to see us draw 1-1, £10 to get in and you lucky Cardiff fans only pay £6 to get in next week.
We also have games at Hinckley in mid-week, and Kings Lynn next Saturday but these will be mostly reserves.
Our other pre-season games are at Mansfield, Chesterfield and Shrewsbury (Who are charging £15 for a bloody Friendly), followed by a home game v Real Valladolid.
matt blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:58 pm 
Post subject:

was there a joint programme for the tamworth game ?....i think its only £6 as our 1st team are in portugal
Geddon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 pm 
Post subject:

We beat Portugese side Trofense 1-0 today.

Our next game is against FC Twente at the Liberty next Saturday, only £10 for that one so pretty good. Then we're at Neath (20th) and Carmarthen (21st) before heading out to Spain to play Espanyol (24th), Palamos (26th) and Sabadell (27th). Home to Almeria on August 1st.
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:17 pm 
Post subject:

09/07/09 Kendal Town (away)
Result: Lost 5-2 (we played our youth team)
Programme: £1.50 for 24 pages - including a line up and pen pics of our team including all the released players!

11/07/09 Workington (away)
Result: Won 3-1 (mixture of first team, reserves and youth players)
Programme: £1.00 for 4 pages - absolutely shocking programme - at least 50p over-priced
Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:30 pm 
Post subject:

Hawks beat Selsey 2-0 today, second half was basically a team of trailist, no programme though
paulo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:04 am 
Post subject:

We played at Fakenham on Friday (£6 to get in) and won 6-0, then down at Dartford yesterday (£10) and won 7-2.

I am not doing friendles this year as I always regret going once I am in the ground plus it makes the season even longer. Last year I did 5 and felt ripped off at them all!
foxes1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:46 am 
Post subject:

mattblue wrote:
was there a joint programme for the tamworth game ?....i think its only £6 as our 1st team are in portugal

No the prog produced just covered the Leicester game.
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:00 pm 
Post subject:

I did Gretna v. Workington last Saturday, Reds won 1-0, and Bradford City v. Burnley yesterday. Disappointingly no prog at Gretna, and Bradford produced an 8 pager for Burnley's 1st game as a Premier League club, I believe it sold out.

I think the comments about Workington's programme for the Carlisle game are a bit harsh. At least they produced whereas Carlisle have been notorious non issuers for friendlies in the past.

My next ones will be Penrith v. Workington on Tuesday and possibly Burnley v. Leeds in August, though £15 quid is far too much, especially to watch a 3rd Division club!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:22 pm 
Post subject:

I thought Gretna were no longer a club?
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:40 pm 
Post subject:

Yes Barrett, they reformed and play in the East of Scotland League. They played most of last season in Annan, but returned to their home ground of Raydale Park towards the end of the campaign and that's where they are playing this season.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:02 pm 
Post subject:

Our first two friendlies are in Oz, so a bit expensive. Might do the Walsall one when Wolves return home. Only home friendly is Real Valadoloid (think thats how its spelt), and i'll be at that.

If you get chance try to find Mick McCarthy's after match press conference about how he hates pre season. Calls it as he sees it as usual !!

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
stodin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

Hucknall played Unity last week they are a community team from Nottingham set up to try to stop some of the estate kids from shooting each other, good luck with that http://www.cnxnotts.co.uk/unity/index.html I went to this game it was played at an army barracks! It was 3 lots of 30 minutes and ended 0-0

Yesterday we played away at Calverton Miners Welfare and won 6-0. I went to this one too. I dont usually bother with pre season friendlies but I have a friend on trial with Hucknall so I thought I would go and watch
jambokev

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:19 am 
Post subject:

Barrett wrote:
I thought Gretna were no longer a club?

I think they reformed as "Gretna 2008" in.... 2008.

Hearts' pre-season has seen us play 4 matches in Germany;

7 July - Golsar 08 1-2 Hearts, Golsar 08 are a German regional side.
8 July - Slask Wroclaw 1-0 Hearts, Slask are a Polish top division side.
10 July - St Pauli 2-0 Hearts, St Pauli are a Bundesliga 2 side.
12 July - Alemannia Aachen 4-2 Hearts, AAa missed out on promotion to Budesliga 2 last season.

So, we are in turmoil once more, we've sold all our best players, lost our last 3 games against amateur sides, bring on Europa! Wink

We will be heading back from Germany now, we've got a couple of games in England I believe and 2 home friendlies against Bolton on a Wednesday night and Sunderland (return of Craig Gordon hopefully) on a Saturday afternoon. Smile
Senior82

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:26 am 
Post subject:

Wednesday are on a pre-season tour to Malta. I'm only going to one friendly - Northampton away, simply because i've never been to the ground
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:34 pm 
Post subject:

lambie the leap wrote:
I did Gretna v. Workington last Saturday, Reds won 1-0, and Bradford City v. Burnley yesterday. Disappointingly no prog at Gretna, and Bradford produced an 8 pager for Burnley's 1st game as a Premier League club, I believe it sold out.

I think the comments about Workington's programme for the Carlisle game are a bit harsh. At least they produced whereas Carlisle have been notorious non issuers for friendlies in the past.

My next ones will be Penrith v. Workington on Tuesday and possibly Burnley v. Leeds in August, though £15 quid is far too much, especially to watch a 3rd Division club!

My memory isn't great with the friendlies but I'm sure that other than when we were in administration I don't think we've not issued anything since the 90's?

Did Penrith issue anything against Workington as I might pop down to one of their games before they leave Southend Road.
oldbolt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:06 pm 
Post subject:

Bolton's first match is a week on Saturday at Borussia Monchengladbach.The clubs first friendly in Germany since 1977,really hope there's a programme.
2 matches after that at Den Bosch and Eindhoven then Hearts away and Hibs at home.
coolascustard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:27 pm 
Post subject:

Derby played Arnold town at there new ground last night the rams ran out 5-1 winners most of the team were youngsters but there was a splattering of first teamers.
Next stop Chesterfield on saturday.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: